Is this possible?
2019-10-31 22:06:42 UTC
I have suggested it on a fb group too.
Alf really sounds like Joe.That made me wonder whether they did the
scenes with him well in advance and actually used the same actor to
play Alf. he was a good actor and it might have been a treat for him
while he was at home and in his final months. I don't think there have
been references that would only be known since the actor died, have
there? I mean is it possible all the scenes with Alf could have been
planned and written so far in advance and then recorded to slot into
current broadcasts?
krw
2019-10-31 23:12:59 UTC
I have suggested it on a fb group too.
Alf really sounds like Joe.That made me wonder whether they did the
scenes with him well in advance and actually used the same actor to
play Alf. he was a good actor and it might have been a treat for him
while he was at home and in his final months. I don't think there have
been references that would only be known since the actor died, have
there? I mean is it possible all the scenes with Alf could have been
planned and written so far in advance and then recorded to slot into
current broadcasts?
Alf appeared a few years back and sounded like he does now. Ted Kelsey
was pretty weak when he did the final recordings and sounded so. I
think a plan existed for Joe's departure as Ted was known to be getting
weaker and it has simply been woven into the ongoing events as the
timetable permitted. They record six or so weeks ahead (recording 5
weeks at a time over 10 days so there is a plus / minus factor to be put
in there somewhere). It feels to me that the script for this period was
completed soon after Ted's death was known.
2019-11-01 18:02:32 UTC
[...]
They would need to record as many episodes as weeks apart - or they would
run out;-)
2019-11-01 23:41:31 UTC
[...]
There was a TI in tonight's episode so either it was "I"d to an
episode made earlier or the whole thing was recorded earlier this
week.

2019-11-02 07:53:59 UTC
[...]
Nick
I suspect that that was indeed a ‘TI’ recorded in the last day or two,
serendipity is more likely than expenditure on a special 2 hander for the
one scene. If they were called in just for that, than ‘profligacy by Aunty’
should be shouted from the barn roof!
2019-11-02 08:30:44 UTC
[...]
I thought at the time that perhaps it was hastily inserted to fill a gap
left from an anticipated event which didn't happen. The Strictly comment
could only have been recorded since Sunday.
2019-11-02 09:40:31 UTC
On 2 Nov 2019 08:30:44 GMT, Sally Thompson
[...]
I missed the Strictly one but got the village hall in use one. That
can only have been recorded in the last 2 days.
Mike
2019-11-02 10:11:45 UTC
[...]
At least they are on the ball booking the Village Hall for Polling Day;
this way, Aunty knows she can’t use it for any recordings that day;-)))
2019-11-02 14:07:34 UTC
I missed the Strictly one but got the village hall in use one. That
can only have been recorded in the last 2 days.
I wonder if they are in the studio this week anyway and knocked off an
insert to go in the recordings made a few weeks ago.
2019-11-02 15:40:57 UTC
I missed the Strictly one but got the village hall in use one. That
can only have been recorded in the last 2 days.
I wonder if they are in the studio this week anyway and knocked off an
insert to go in the recordings made a few weeks ago.
I dare say that production cost overruns can be requested for such
occasions as the death of DiPoW and ‘major’ events but wonder just how far
this can be taken; maybe there is a notional overspend held as a sort of
slush fund which can be called upon if well justified by TPTB?
2019-11-02 10:21:21 UTC
I suspect that that was indeed a ‘TI’ recorded in the last day or two,
serendipity is more likely than expenditure on a special 2 hander for the
one scene. If they were called in just for that, than ‘profligacy by Aunty’
should be shouted from the barn roof!
I suspect they sometimes record a TI when there are significant events
happening in a week when they're recording TA anyway and have got cast
and crew on hand. We've had one or two examples, over the past year or
two when we've had TIs for only semi-important events.
Some people's idea of [free speech] is that they are free to say what
they like, but if anyone says anything back, that is an outrage.
(Winston Churchill)