Stay Alert!
Add Reply
Mike Ruddock
2020-05-10 12:23:40 UTC
Britain needs Lerts.

Mike Ruddock
Recycling an old joke.
carolet
2020-05-10 13:00:25 UTC
Post by Mike Ruddock
Britain needs Lerts.
Mike Ruddock
Recycling an old joke.
How many of us haven't already thought that today?
2020-05-10 13:09:12 UTC
Post by Mike Ruddock
Britain needs Lerts.
Mike Ruddock
Recycling an old joke.
How many of us haven't already thought that today?
Very, very few, if any, I’d have thought!
2020-05-10 19:42:59 UTC
On Sun, 10 May 2020 13:09:12 GMT, Mike <***@ntlworld.com> scrawled
in the dust...
Post by Mike Ruddock
Britain needs Lerts.
Mike Ruddock
Recycling an old joke.
How many of us haven't already thought that today?
Very, very few, if any, I’d have thought!
I think I've still got a badge, somewhere - no tee shirt though.

It was a Kenny Everet line, wasn't it?

D#1 was born in 1979, watched (with some trepidation) by her father who
claims she opened her eyes and had a good look around the room. She was
known as The Lert for the next few years and even verbed in the early days
- looking around became 'lerting about'.
2020-05-10 21:57:33 UTC
in the dust...
Post by Mike Ruddock
Britain needs Lerts.
Mike Ruddock
Recycling an old joke.
How many of us haven't already thought that today?
Very, very few, if any, I’d have thought!
I think I've still got a badge, somewhere - no tee shirt though.
It was a Kenny Everet line, wasn't it?
D#1 was born in 1979, watched (with some trepidation) by her father who
claims she opened her eyes and had a good look around the room. She was
known as The Lert for the next few years and even verbed in the early days
- looking around became 'lerting about'.
Earlier than Kenny I would have thought. Milligan?
Chris B
2020-05-11 11:26:43 UTC
in the dust...
Post by Mike Ruddock
Britain needs Lerts.
Mike Ruddock
Recycling an old joke.
How many of us haven't already thought that today?
Very, very few, if any, I’d have thought!
I think I've still got a badge, somewhere - no tee shirt though.
It was a Kenny Everet line, wasn't it?
D#1 was born in 1979, watched (with some trepidation) by her father who
claims she opened her eyes and had a good look around the room. She was
known as The Lert for the next few years and even verbed in the early days
- looking around became 'lerting about'.
Earlier than Kenny I would have thought.  Milligan?
I'm fairly sure Frankie Howerd used it.
Chris B (News)
krw
2020-05-11 12:09:05 UTC
Post by Chris B
Post by Penny
in the dust...
Post by Mike Ruddock
Britain needs Lerts.
Mike Ruddock
Recycling an old joke.
How many of us haven't already thought that today?
Very, very few, if any, I’d have thought!
I think I've still got a badge, somewhere - no tee shirt though.
It was a Kenny Everet line, wasn't it?
D#1 was born in 1979, watched (with some trepidation) by her father who
claims she opened her eyes and had a good look around the room. She was
known as The Lert for the next few years and even verbed in the early days
- looking around became 'lerting about'.
Earlier than Kenny I would have thought.  Milligan?
I'm fairly sure Frankie Howerd used it.
That actually sounds familiar - "Up Pompeii" I would guess.
2020-05-11 15:32:33 UTC
Umrats may already have seen this but it made me laugh - and wince
because it's not funny really. Not funny at all.
(It's less than 20 seconds long.)

2020-05-10 19:53:43 UTC
Post by Mike Ruddock
Britain needs Lerts.
Mike Ruddock
Recycling an old joke.
How many of us haven't already thought that today?
Nicola Sturgeon, since she is said to have said (of "Stay Alert!")
"I have no idea what that means."

And who can blame her?
Rosalind Mitchell
2020-05-10 17:43:19 UTC
Post by Mike Ruddock
Britain needs Lerts.
Mike Ruddock
Recycling an old joke.
Here in Scotland we are still to be a tome. That's why I'm reading
Vanity Fair.

2020-05-10 18:21:36 UTC
Post by Rosalind Mitchell
Post by Mike Ruddock
Britain needs Lerts.
Mike Ruddock
Recycling an old joke.
Here in Scotland we are still to be a tome. That's why I'm reading
Vanity Fair.
Whereas on the Isle of WIght they have to have a nap.