soilper: 17th Aug
2020-08-18 16:36:58 UTC
Well!! TV soapdom wipes out a long running radio serial.

Just about had enough of this: it’s not the plot that’s at fault, that, as
with Lyndie last week is exactly as it should be: it’s how it’s being
portrayed.

2020-08-18 16:58:39 UTC
On Tue, 18 Aug 2020 16:36:58 GMT, Chris McMillan
Post by Chris McMillan
Well!! TV soapdom wipes out a long running radio serial.
Just about had enough of this: it’s not the plot that’s at fault, that, as
with Lyndie last week is exactly as it should be: it’s how it’s being
portrayed.
Sincerely Chris
Oh please don't stop listening! Not many of us left :)
I just want people who listen and are annoyed to complain with.
krw
2020-08-18 20:19:20 UTC
Post by Chris McMillan
Well!! TV soapdom wipes out a long running radio serial.
Just about had enough of this: it’s not the plot that’s at fault, that, as
with Lyndie last week is exactly as it should be: it’s how it’s being
portrayed.
Sincerely Chris
Oh please don't stop listening! Not many of us left :)
I just want people who listen and are annoyed to complain with.
Xander is far too young to be playing with David's model farm.
2020-08-18 20:54:22 UTC
Post by Chris McMillan
Well!! TV soapdom wipes out a long running radio serial.
Just about had enough of this: it’s not the plot that’s at fault, that, as
with Lyndie last week is exactly as it should be: it’s how it’s being
portrayed.
Sincerely Chris
Oh please don't stop listening! Not many of us left :)
I just want people who listen and are annoyed to complain with.
Xander is far too young to be playing with David's model farm.
Yes now you mention that. He'd be chewing the paint off the lead
animals, not imagining scenarios Adam could object to. Not at less
than one year old. Have none of the SWs got kids?
Mike
2020-08-19 07:26:06 UTC
Post by Chris McMillan
Well!! TV soapdom wipes out a long running radio serial.
Just about had enough of this: it’s not the plot that’s at fault, that, as
with Lyndie last week is exactly as it should be: it’s how it’s being
portrayed.
Sincerely Chris
Oh please don't stop listening! Not many of us left :)
I just want people who listen and are annoyed to complain with.
Xander is far too young to be playing with David's model farm.
Yes now you mention that. He'd be chewing the paint off the lead
animals, not imagining scenarios Adam could object to. Not at less
than one year old. Have none of the SWs got kids?
Doesn’t Helen keep or had some goats?
2020-08-19 09:00:39 UTC
Doesn’t Helen keep or had some goats?
Pat has a small flock of them. I think there was some talk of Helen
using their milk to make cheese but I can't remember what became of that.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in
your garage makes you a car.
krw
2020-08-19 09:16:10 UTC
Doesn’t Helen keep or had some goats?
Pat has a small flock of them.  I think there was some talk of Helen
using their milk to make cheese but I can't remember what became of that.
I think they did - but it was only a couple of goats and Nocasha pointed
out that Bodge Farm was a hobby and not a "business" and so they may
have gone for curry.
2020-08-19 09:53:34 UTC
Doesn’t Helen keep or had some goats?
Pat has a small flock of them.
Winged goats ? [1]

I hadn't herd that.

[1] DINTAFPOU ?
BrritSki
2020-08-19 09:57:51 UTC
Doesn’t Helen keep or had some goats?
Pat has a small flock of them.
Winged goats ?
PS We went to an animal sanctuary in Norfolk last week with AGC's and
they loved it. 2,000 animals allegedly including horses, llamas,
alpacas, sheep, pigs, loads of birds and of course goats.

3yo decided he wanted to be a billy goat Gruff when he grows up [1]. But
you'll need horns sez I. "Mummy will make me some". :)

[1] Earlier in the week he wanted to be a baby when he grows up !
Penny
2020-08-19 13:50:18 UTC
On Wed, 19 Aug 2020 10:53:34 +0100, BrritSki <***@gmail.com>
Doesn’t Helen keep or had some goats?
Pat has a small flock of them.
Winged goats ? [1]
I hadn't herd that.
[1] DINTAFPOU ?
If a shepherd cares for a flock of sheep why does a goat-herd care for a
herd of goats?
Maybe sheep used to fly...
2020-08-19 13:52:20 UTC
Doesn’t Helen keep or had some goats?
Pat has a small flock of them.
Winged goats ? [1]
I hadn't herd that.
[1] DINTAFPOU ?
If a shepherd cares for a flock of sheep why does a goat-herd care for a
herd of goats?
Maybe sheep used to fly...
Sheep do not so much fly as plummet....

2020-08-19 15:06:27 UTC
Doesn’t Helen keep or had some goats?
Pat has a small flock of them.
Winged goats ? [1]
I hadn't herd that.
[1] DINTAFPOU ?
If a shepherd cares for a flock of sheep why does a goat-herd care for a
herd of goats?
Maybe sheep used to fly...
Sheep do not so much fly as plummet....
john
But not the price of a joint of same.
2020-08-19 20:51:43 UTC
On Wed, 19 Aug 2020 10:53:34 +0100, BrritSki
If a shepherd cares for a flock of sheep why does a goat-herd care for
a herd of goats?
Maybe sheep used to fly...
Sheep do not so much fly as plummet....
:-)
We must ask Le naughty Brian Trubshaw.
2020-08-20 03:21:41 UTC
On Wed, 19 Aug 2020 10:53:34 +0100, BrritSki
If a shepherd cares for a flock of sheep why does a goat-herd care for
a herd of goats?
Maybe sheep used to fly...
Sheep do not so much fly as plummet....
:-)
We must ask Le naughty Brian Trubshaw.
D'accord! Le petit capitaine Anglais!

2020-08-20 07:36:49 UTC
On Wed, 19 Aug 2020 10:53:34 +0100, BrritSki
If a shepherd cares for a flock of sheep why does a goat-herd care for
a herd of goats?
Maybe sheep used to fly...
Sheep do not so much fly as plummet....
:-)
We must ask Le naughty Brian Trubshaw.
I suppose sheep may droop their snoops to graze...
2020-08-19 10:00:26 UTC
On Wed, 19 Aug 2020 10:00:39 +0100, Serena Blanchflower
Doesn’t Helen keep or had some goats?
Pat has a small flock of them. I think there was some talk of Helen
using their milk to make cheese but I can't remember what became of that.
I don't understand what has happened to any of the dairy activity. If, as
seems to be the case, they are not currently making ice cream or cheese,
what are they doing with all the milk?

One moderately local farm here has invested in self-service milk dispensing
machines set up outside rural shops/petrol stations (often the same
thing). I think you have to bring your own jug.
2020-08-19 10:13:02 UTC
I don't understand what has happened to any of the dairy activity. If, as
seems to be the case, they are not currently making ice cream or cheese,
what are they doing with all the milk?
Why stop making ice cream or cheese - surely that is all back to normal now?
Post by Penny
One moderately local farm here has invested in self-service milk dispensing
machines set up outside rural shops/petrol stations (often the same
thing). I think you have to bring your own jug.
There was one of those which I have used - they had large plastic
bottles which were part of the price.
2020-08-19 10:51:34 UTC
I don't understand what has happened to any of the dairy activity. If, as
seems to be the case, they are not currently making ice cream or cheese,
what are they doing with all the milk?
Why stop making ice cream or cheese - surely that is all back to normal now?
At the beginning of lockdown, they had to close the dairy as it wasn't
possible for Clarrie and Susan to be suitably isolated while working
there. We haven't heard anything about whether they've been able to
reopen, since then, or what Helen's plans are for that.
Don't underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along,
listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering. (Winnie
the Pooh)
Mike
2020-08-19 11:24:28 UTC
I don't understand what has happened to any of the dairy activity. If, as
seems to be the case, they are not currently making ice cream or cheese,
what are they doing with all the milk?
Why stop making ice cream or cheese - surely that is all back to normal now?
At the beginning of lockdown, they had to close the dairy as it wasn't
possible for Clarrie and Susan to be suitably isolated while working
there. We haven't heard anything about whether they've been able to
reopen, since then, or what Helen's plans are for that.
But of course, Covid lockdown was very late arriving in Ambridge ;-)))
2020-08-19 13:50:13 UTC
I don't understand what has happened to any of the dairy activity. If, as
seems to be the case, they are not currently making ice cream or cheese,
what are they doing with all the milk?
Why stop making ice cream or cheese - surely that is all back to normal now?
At the beginning of lockdown, they had to close the dairy as it wasn't
possible for Clarrie and Susan to be suitably isolated while working
there. We haven't heard anything about whether they've been able to
reopen, since then, or what Helen's plans are for that.
But of course, Covid lockdown was very late arriving in Ambridge ;-)))
I blame bad advice from Public Health Borsetshire.

2020-08-19 10:49:33 UTC
On Wed, 19 Aug 2020 10:00:39 +0100, Serena Blanchflower
Doesn’t Helen keep or had some goats?
Pat has a small flock of them. I think there was some talk of Helen
using their milk to make cheese but I can't remember what became of that.
I don't understand what has happened to any of the dairy activity. If, as
seems to be the case, they are not currently making ice cream or cheese,
what are they doing with all the milk?
One of the stories in the first week or two of the new format TA covered
this. Helen was desperately trying to find a dairy which would buy the
milk[1], to avoid having to dump it.

[1] Or, possibly, someone who could sell her a supply of milk bottles,
so that she could sell it through Jazzer. I think she was trying to sell
the milk (and that she, eventually, succeeded) but I can't remember for
sure.
If all goes well, this year's drama will be next year's anecdote
(Humphrey Littleton)
Penny
2020-08-19 13:57:03 UTC
On Wed, 19 Aug 2020 11:49:33 +0100, Serena Blanchflower
On Wed, 19 Aug 2020 10:00:39 +0100, Serena Blanchflower
Doesn’t Helen keep or had some goats?
Pat has a small flock of them. I think there was some talk of Helen
using their milk to make cheese but I can't remember what became of that.
I don't understand what has happened to any of the dairy activity. If, as
seems to be the case, they are not currently making ice cream or cheese,
what are they doing with all the milk?
One of the stories in the first week or two of the new format TA covered
this. Helen was desperately trying to find a dairy which would buy the
milk[1], to avoid having to dump it.
[1] Or, possibly, someone who could sell her a supply of milk bottles,
so that she could sell it through Jazzer. I think she was trying to sell
the milk (and that she, eventually, succeeded) but I can't remember for
sure.
Thanks, I'd forgotten that.

I heard a piece about cheese production during this plague recently. The
cheesemakers with the greatest problem were those producing soft cheeses.
Some had made adjustments to hard cheese. One had always done this when he
had too much milk but had made little effort to produce a consistent hard
cheese. His customers were happy to accept whatever he produced under
whatever daft name he gave each batch but he'd been trying harder recently
to 'standardise' the flavour and consistency.
2020-08-19 17:12:42 UTC
I heard a piece about cheese production during this plague recently. The
cheesemakers with the greatest problem were those producing soft cheeses.
Some had made adjustments to hard cheese. One had always done this when he
had too much milk but had made little effort to produce a consistent hard
cheese. His customers were happy to accept whatever he produced under
whatever daft name he gave each batch but he'd been trying harder recently
to 'standardise' the flavour and consistency.
I think that sounds fun, variable cheeses. Sadly cheese is high in
things not good for weightwatchers but I do love it. Maybe they could
make a low fat one.
Mike
2020-08-19 17:50:33 UTC
I heard a piece about cheese production during this plague recently. The
cheesemakers with the greatest problem were those producing soft cheeses.
Some had made adjustments to hard cheese. One had always done this when he
had too much milk but had made little effort to produce a consistent hard
cheese. His customers were happy to accept whatever he produced under
whatever daft name he gave each batch but he'd been trying harder recently
to 'standardise' the flavour and consistency.
I think that sounds fun, variable cheeses. Sadly cheese is high in
things not good for weightwatchers but I do love it. Maybe they could
make a low fat one.
I once had a very higorant assistant behind a cheese counter refuse to let
me taste a mature cheddar I was about to buy a large lump of - on the basis
that the taste doesn’t change. I never attempted to buy a product of nature
there again!
Steve Hague
Was the assistant by any chance Michael Palin?
steveski
2020-08-19 14:34:24 UTC
On Wed, 19 Aug 2020 10:00:39 +0100, Serena Blanchflower
Doesn’t Helen keep or had some goats?
Pat has a small flock of them. I think there was some talk of Helen
using their milk to make cheese but I can't remember what became of that.
I don't understand what has happened to any of the dairy activity. If, as
seems to be the case, they are not currently making ice cream or cheese,
what are they doing with all the milk?
One of the stories in the first week or two of the new format TA covered
this. Helen was desperately trying to find a dairy which would buy the
milk[1], to avoid having to dump it.
[1] Or, possibly, someone who could sell her a supply of milk bottles,
so that she could sell it through Jazzer. I think she was trying to sell
the milk (and that she, eventually, succeeded) but I can't remember for
sure.
She did, but se’ve not heard her speak since. Plenty of references to her
though.

2020-08-19 11:21:01 UTC
Doesn’t Helen keep or had some goats?
Pat has a small flock of them. I think there was some talk of Helen
using their milk to make cheese but I can't remember what became of that.
Well, we do buy goat’s cheese branded ‘Helen’s Farm’; though I think there
are some welfare concerns just no - no kidding.
2020-08-19 14:34:23 UTC
Doesn’t Helen keep or had some goats?
Pat has a small flock of them. I think there was some talk of Helen
using their milk to make cheese but I can't remember what became of that.
That Tobes couldn’t sell the whey and dumped Hellbent into deep doo doos.
We didn’t hear anything else.