BTN?
2019-12-02 08:19:36 UTC
I am thinking of making an honorary BTN for politicians, both Labour and
Conservative, who are using the horrifying deaths of two people to try
to score specious political points against their opponents. I am
disgusted by it.

On second thoughts, tasteless though it is, association with such
behaviour would bring the BTAs into grave disrepute and no such
nomination will be made.

I should like to add that my policy on this has always been very clear
and consistent and...(cont. p.94).
2019-12-02 08:58:32 UTC
On Mon, 2 Dec 2019 08:19:36 +0000, Sid Nuncius
Post by Sid Nuncius
I am thinking of making an honorary BTN for politicians, both Labour and
Conservative, who are using the horrifying deaths of two people to try
to score specious political points against their opponents. I am
disgusted by it.
On second thoughts, tasteless though it is, association with such
behaviour would bring the BTAs into grave disrepute and no such
nomination will be made.
I should like to add that my policy on this has always been very clear
and consistent and...(cont. p.94).
Indeed, they don't deserve any sort of award.
2019-12-02 09:10:54 UTC
Post by Sid Nuncius
I am thinking of making an honorary BTN for politicians, both Labour and
Conservative, who are using the horrifying deaths of two people to try
to score specious political points against their opponents. I am
disgusted by it.
On second thoughts, tasteless though it is, association with such
behaviour would bring the BTAs into grave disrepute and no such
nomination will be made.
I should like to add that my policy on this has always been very clear
and consistent and...(cont. p.94).
Indeed, they don't deserve any sort of award.
One of TA groups on FB has a ceremony with smiting and pitch forks, an
old-fashioned rural custom. I'm just mentioning it...
Sid Nuncius
2019-12-02 09:20:34 UTC
Post by Sid Nuncius
I am thinking of making an honorary BTN for politicians, both Labour and
Conservative, who are using the horrifying deaths of two people to try
to score specious political points against their opponents. I am
disgusted by it.
On second thoughts, tasteless though it is, association with such
behaviour would bring the BTAs into grave disrepute and no such
nomination will be made.
I should like to add that my policy on this has always been very clear
and consistent and...(cont. p.94).
Indeed, they don't deserve any sort of award.
One of TA groups on FB has a ceremony with smiting and pitch forks, an
old-fashioned rural custom. I'm just mentioning it...
Quite. And their spiles should be mercilessly troshed, in my view.
2019-12-02 09:21:39 UTC
Post by Sid Nuncius
I am thinking of making an honorary BTN for politicians, both Labour and
Conservative, who are using the horrifying deaths of two people to try
to score specious political points against their opponents. I am
disgusted by it.
On second thoughts, tasteless though it is, association with such
behaviour would bring the BTAs into grave disrepute and no such
nomination will be made.
I should like to add that my policy on this has always been very clear
and consistent and...(cont. p.94).
Indeed, they don't deserve any sort of award.
I thought it was rather ironic, that according to today's Times, under
the headline "Jeremy Corbyn and Boris Johnson ignore London Bridge
victim’s father to score political points", the father allegedly said:
"Yesterday David Merritt retweeted an article attacking Mr Johnson and
Priti Patel, the home secretary, for “trying to make political capital
out of a tragedy that has grown out of Tory cuts”.
Nick Odell
2019-12-02 10:01:14 UTC
On Mon, 2 Dec 2019 09:21:39 +0000, BrritSki
Post by Sid Nuncius
[...]
Berloimey! Pot.. Kettle.. Saucepan.. Griddle.. Waffle-irons...

Nick

Flop
2019-12-02 09:00:25 UTC
I am thinking of making an honorary BTN for politicians, both Labour and
Conservative, who are using the horrifying deaths of two people to try
to score specious political points against their opponents.  I am
disgusted by it.
On second thoughts, tasteless though it is, association with such
behaviour would bring the BTAs into grave disrepute and no such
nomination will be made.
I should like to add that my policy on this has always been very clear
and consistent and...(cont. p.94).
What I want to know is if these are long held convictions and in their
manifestos.
Or are they opportunistic knee jerks?--

Flop

Truly the Good Lord gave us computers that we might learn patience
Vicky Ayech
2019-12-02 09:12:38 UTC
Post by Flop
Post by Sid Nuncius
I am thinking of making an honorary BTN for politicians, both Labour and
Conservative, who are using the horrifying deaths of two people to try
to score specious political points against their opponents.  I am
disgusted by it.
On second thoughts, tasteless though it is, association with such
behaviour would bring the BTAs into grave disrepute and no such
nomination will be made.
I should like to add that my policy on this has always been very clear
and consistent and...(cont. p.94).
What I want to know is if these are long held convictions and in their
manifestos.
Or are they opportunistic knee jerks?--
The culprits are complete jerks, not just their knees.