eveloping scandal in community health services, where following a “a geriatric assessment”, some older people are discovering that DNR notices are being placed on their NHS records on grounds of “frailty”.
2021-01-04 12:27:14 UTC
We covered the widespread use of DNR (Do Not Resuscitate) Notices in
care homes during the first wave of the pandemic. In recent articles,
the Daily Mail has exposed a developing scandal in community health
services, where following a “a geriatric assessment”, some older
people are discovering that DNR notices are being placed on their NHS
records on grounds of “frailty”.

A new breed of “frailty nurse practitioners” are conducting these
assessments of older people living in their own homes. According to
the Mail, the Care Quality Commission is urgently investigating these
practices, but if you know of someone who has had such a geriatric
assessment it would be wise to suggest they inspect their NHS record.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-9052831/How-dare-NHS-throw-scrapheap.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8995229/Elderly-patients-given-Not-Resuscitate-orders-against-families-wishes.html
krw
2021-01-04 13:55:06 UTC
[...]
We live in a backward part of the universe around here. Today the wofe
was offered a flu jab. Next door in Yateley they were delivering covid
jabs during December.

According to the map published yesterday Berkshire NHS Trust or
Guildford are the closest covid points but neither are actually
responsible for us as we come under Frimley Park which is presumably not
fighting the virus as it is not listed. Indeed the Frimley Park
subsidiary - Wexham Park - is listed so presumably there is a simple
failure to ensure we will receive it!

As for DNAR notice why is someone making a decision before they know the
facts? I assume the cost of repair work is simply being judged
unaffordable - how much does it cost to employ these people making these
decisions? Why am I paying for it?
2021-01-05 13:42:49 UTC
[...]
But but but. In the first list ofb50 hospitals given out our nearest were
Frimley Park and Oxford!

2021-01-05 15:37:57 UTC
Post by Chris
[...]
Sincerely Chris
Frimley Park is definitely not on the list - only Wexham Park and
Berkshire NHS Trust which does not reach Oxford.
2021-01-06 12:18:42 UTC
Post by Chris
[...]
How weird. RBH isn’t apparently. One of my neighbours is with the surgery
opposite the old entrance and one staff person told her she would go to the
RBH, and another said, “you what”?

My original list was via sky news.

South East Frimley Health and Care ICS Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust

OF 5th Jan. Directly under Berkshire NHS Trust

Confused of Earley

According to the local paper which I read on line it tells me we’re behind
‘done’ at the surgery in the Woodley shopping centre. Ten mins walk from
what was Bulmershe campus. This may be right as I know the care home now
on the campus site has had vaccinations. Sadly an old frirnd was taken in
the other day and her family told me she was given it on her arrival. This
is good news as it means two other friends there have also had theirs and
they can soon meet my friend again. One is related to her by marriage and
the other is there as a younger person with serious disabling conditions
and is a mutual friend of ours and has seen her deteriorate till lockdown
1.

Sincerely Chris
Clive Arthur
2021-01-06 13:14:29 UTC
On 06/01/2021 12:18, Chris wrote:

<snip>
Post by Chris
According to the local paper which I read on line it tells me we’re behind
‘done’ at the surgery in the Woodley shopping centre.
Arm, Shirley?
--
Cheers
Clive
krw
2021-01-06 13:21:30 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
<snip>
Post by Chris
According to the local paper which I read on line it tells me we’re behind
‘done’ at the surgery in the Woodley shopping centre.
Arm, Shirley?
No Shirley is in Southampton, not Reading.
2021-01-06 21:35:30 UTC
On Wed, 6 Jan 2021 13:21:30 +0000, krw <***@whitnet.uk> scrawled in the
dust...
Post by krw
Post by Clive Arthur
<snip>
Post by Chris
According to the local paper which I read on line it tells me we’re behind
‘done’ at the surgery in the Woodley shopping centre.
Arm, Shirley?
No Shirley is in Southampton, not Reading.
Shirley gets about, she's also in Croydon, Solihull and Derbyshire.
2021-01-06 23:36:00 UTC
dust...
Post by krw
Post by Clive Arthur
<snip>
Post by Chris
According to the local paper which I read on line it tells me we’re behind
‘done’ at the surgery in the Woodley shopping centre.
Arm, Shirley?
No Shirley is in Southampton, not Reading.
Shirley gets about, she's also in Croydon, Solihull and Derbyshire.
That girl is no better than she oughter be.
2021-01-07 09:12:32 UTC
dust...
Post by krw
Post by Clive Arthur
<snip>
Post by Chris
According to the local paper which I read on line it tells me we’re behind
‘done’ at the surgery in the Woodley shopping centre.
Arm, Shirley?
No Shirley is in Southampton, not Reading.
Shirley gets about, she's also in Croydon, Solihull and Derbyshire.
That girl is no better than she oughter be.
I believe she goes South for the ‘Ampton...
2021-01-07 19:56:39 UTC
dust...
Post by krw
Post by Clive Arthur
<snip>
Post by Chris
According to the local paper which I read on line it tells me we’re behind
‘done’ at the surgery in the Woodley shopping centre.
Arm, Shirley?
No Shirley is in Southampton, not Reading.
Shirley gets about, she's also in Croydon, Solihull and Derbyshire.
When not grunting, groaning and grappling.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shirley_Crabtree
No relation to Marion Robert Morrison of Westerns fame...
BrritSki
2021-01-06 14:19:31 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
<snip>
Post by Chris
According to the local paper which I read on line it tells me we’re behind
‘done’ at the surgery in the Woodley shopping centre.
Arm, Shirley?
BTN (and early test for the new BTM)

Arm has been sold to Japan I think....
Mike McMillan
2021-01-06 15:04:44 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
<snip>
Post by Chris
According to the local paper which I read on line it tells me we’re behind
‘done’ at the surgery in the Woodley shopping centre.
Arm, Shirley?
BTN (and early test for the new BTM)
Arm has been sold to Japan I think....
Ah, that will be an Ache Corn I suppose?
2021-01-06 15:42:47 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
<snip>
Post by Chris
According to the local paper which I read on line it tells me we’re behind
‘done’ at the surgery in the Woodley shopping centre.
Arm, Shirley?
BTN  (and early test for the new BTM)
Arm has been sold to Japan I think....
Accepted (because who should know better than you?)

2021-01-06 16:31:34 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
<snip>
Post by Chris
According to the local paper which I read on line it tells me we’re behind
‘done’ at the surgery in the Woodley shopping centre.
Arm, Shirley?
BTN  (and early test for the new BTM)
Arm has been sold to Japan I think....
Accepted (because who should know better than you?)
Trick question ! I'm not even sure it was MV - or even funny - but as
BTM, your decision is final :)
Chris
2021-01-04 13:56:53 UTC
[...]
What’s that got to do with the price of fish?

Paul Herber
2021-01-04 15:18:33 UTC
[...]
Must be a load of codswallop.
--
Regards, Paul Herber
https://www.paulherber.co.uk/
krw
2021-01-04 15:27:49 UTC
Post by Paul Herber
Post by Chris
Post by Vicky Ayech
[...]
There is no plaice here for such hake speech.
But the original writer was concerned about the eternal sole I think.
Sally Thompson
2021-01-04 19:54:58 UTC
Post by Paul Herber
Post by Chris
Post by Vicky Ayech
[...]
I see the quotes are taken from the Daily Whale.
2021-01-04 21:24:11 UTC
On 4 Jan 2021 19:54:58 GMT, Sally Thompson
Post by Paul Herber
Post by Vicky Ayech
[...]
Yes, the link and information were sent to me by
silvervoices.co.uk . I get a regular email from them. They've been
campaigning for various things.
Joe Kerr
2021-01-10 22:25:50 UTC
Post by Paul Herber
Post by Chris
Post by Vicky Ayech
[...]
You've all clammed up so there is little point me musseling in to say it
is all pollocks.
Ric
Mike McMillan
2021-01-11 08:56:00 UTC
Post by Joe Kerr
Post by Paul Herber
Post by Chris
Post by Vicky Ayech
[...]
It takes krill to write like that and I hadn’t plankt on adding to this
thread, it’s not really in my line, but you’ve got me hooked but I have net
got anything to add reely.
2021-01-11 17:10:06 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Joe Kerr
Post by Paul Herber
Post by Chris
Post by Vicky Ayech
[...]
I have decided not to make any fishpuns this time - barracuda done if
I'd felt like it.
--
Sid
2021-01-04 20:19:02 UTC
On Mon, 4 Jan 2021 at 13:55:06, krw <***@whitnet.uk> wrote (my responses
usually follow points raised):
We live in a backward part of the universe around here. Today the wofe
was offered a flu jab. Next door in Yateley they were delivering covid
jabs during December.
Unless there are reasons not to (such as doubts about adequate
CoViD-isolation being offered), I'd take the 'flu jab, regardless of the
rest.
not fighting the virus as it is not listed. Indeed the Frimley Park
subsidiary - Wexham Park - is listed so presumably there is a simple
failure to ensure we will receive it!
https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/vaccine-queue-uk is now giving the
projected date for your _second_ jab, which is depressing (for me it's
between September and November). Though you can work out your first by
subtracting 12 weeks.
Post by krw
As for DNAR notice why is someone making a decision before they know
the facts? I assume the cost of repair work is simply being judged
unaffordable - how much does it cost to employ these people making
these decisions? Why am I paying for it?
Good questions.

After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I
have one. -Cato the Elder, statesman, soldier, and writer (234-149 BCE)