Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - 7th to 10th June 2021
2021-06-01 22:13:28 UTC

Cast :
Brian Aldridge - Charles Collingwood
Jennifer Aldridge - Angela Piper
Harrison Burns - James Cartwright
Alice Carter - Hollie Chapman
Chris Carter - Wilf Scolding
Neil Carter - Brian Hewlett
Ed Grundy - Barry Farrimond
Emma Grundy - Emerald O’Hanrahan
Jazzer McCreary - Ryan Kelly
Fallon Rogers - Joanna Van Kampen
Peggy Woolley - June Spencer

Director : Peter Leslie Wild
Editor : Jeremy Howe
Writer : Keri Davies

Spoilers:
Monday 7th - The situation becomes overwhelming for Jennifer while
Harrison makes plans.
Tuesday 8th - Brian eats humble pie and Jazzer finds himself caught in
the middle.
Wednesday 9th - Peggy has a confession to make and Fallon is left torn.
Thursday 10th - The Aldridge family faces an uphill battle and Chris
struggles to accept his new situation.

Only one writer this week!
2021-06-01 22:50:31 UTC
[...]
But not just any writer. Looking at the spoilers I wonder if next week
will be a sort-of node point with everything that's happened flowing
into it from one direction and the ramifications flowing out in
another? In which case, entrusting everything to the writer who can be
trusted to know everything about everything that's going on makes
sense to me.

2021-06-02 08:28:58 UTC
On Tue, 01 Jun 2021 23:50:31 +0100, Nick Odell
[...]
Nick
I don't think he is necessarily that writer. He does know the vaious
story lines and history of chracters, if he remembers and if the
database is good, but I thinkhe might be coasting on former reputation
now. There have been episodes not at all well written by him.
krw
2021-06-02 08:44:12 UTC
Only one writer this week!
I believe Keri mentioned this at one point as another one of the
stepping stones back to a paltry five episodes - the apparent sequence
is that to get 4 episodes written quickly it needed two writers to
manage the turn round.

By spreading the workload around it gave a gap to enable a longer lead
time so one author could do the 4 for a single week - but with the right
timing.

The next step (presumably after a couple of months of single writers)
should be one doing 5 episodes.

So by end July we could be close to the 5 episodes and also the typical
routine of recording every five weeks.

I note the cast list is short this week so I suspect it has been put
together to minimise people trooping through the Mailbox with Peggy
being on a Zoom.
2021-06-02 10:41:19 UTC
Only one writer this week!
I believe Keri mentioned this at one point as another one of the
stepping stones back to a paltry five episodes - the apparent sequence
is that to get 4 episodes written quickly it needed two writers to
manage the turn round.
By spreading the workload around it gave a gap to enable a longer lead
time so one author could do the 4 for a single week - but with the right
timing.
The next step (presumably after a couple of months of single writers)
should be one doing 5 episodes.
So by end July we could be close to the 5 episodes and also the typical
routine of recording every five weeks.
Unless the spread of the Walford variant takes off.