BTA Ceremony Part 2
Sid Nuncius
2020-01-05 18:22:20 UTC
Our second category this evening is
Bad Taste in the face of a major disaster.

And to present the Award, please welcome Mr. Boris Johnson!

Ah. Yes. Well. Thank you, my friends. Now, the important thing in
presenting these awards is to Get Brexit Done. I should just like to
lay out my extensive plans to unleash the Bad Taste potential of this
great country of ours and take back control of our pole dancers…

<BTM wrestles microphone back>

Thank you, Prime Minister. And the nominations are:

15.1.19 Brritski nominated by Nick Odell
Vicky: I think Eddie has done cement foundation work before
successfully. I very much hope Philip's men mess the work up.
Brritski: Yeah, it was in Genoa wasn't it?

12.3.19 Sid nominated by Mike McT and Peter Withey
Thread title: OT Boeing 737 MAX 8
Tony Smith: I am supposed to be flying on one of those on Sunday.
Sid: Don't worry – it won't be a long flight.

And in the same thread:
Mike McT, nominated by JPG:
krw: I wonder if the airline concerned has any spare planes?
Mike McT: I know where they might obtain some spare parts just now....

16.3.19 Nick Odell, nominated by steveski
Nick: Ruth should have taken Kate with her when she went to New Zealand
and abandoned her in Christchurch.

16.4.19 Paul Herber, nominated by the BTM
On the burning of Notre Dame:
Paul: I hope the maintenance work being done didn't involve the
installation of cladding.

22.8.19 krw nominated by Penny
Steve Hague: I ordered a pack of guitar strings and received a tube of
mascara. I
am not Alice Cooper before anyone tries to claim their £5.
Sam Plusnet: Black mark for Amazon?
krw: Set fire to it.

25.10.19 Kate B. nominated by Steveski
Sam Plusnet: Other than the fact that a local authority is involved, I
cannot
imagine why the supply of a standard item should take that long.
Steveski: Probably on a slow boat from China...
Kate B: Was it frozen when it arrived?

27.10.19 Sid nominated by Nick O., Brritski, Mike McT and Sally
On SODAM asking about sending payment to Bulgaria:
Sid: I hope this isn't a payment for refrigerated lorry hire.

I am told that Mr. Johnson has been called away for some urgent IT
instruction, so it falls to me as BTM to announce that the BTA goes to…
KATE B. for her disgraceful allusion to frozen cargo from China.
BrritSki
Oh well played sKate !
Sam Plusnet
2020-01-05 22:40:54 UTC
Post by BrritSki
Post by Sid Nuncius
I am told that Mr. Johnson has been called away for some urgent IT
instruction, so it falls to me as BTM to announce that the BTA goes
to… KATE B. for her disgraceful allusion to frozen cargo from China.
Oh well played sKate !
Yes. A fin achievement on this the best of all possible dace.
Sam Plusnet
Kate B
2020-01-05 22:50:51 UTC
Post by BrritSki
Post by Sid Nuncius
[...]
omycod I'm so sharked I've carpletely lost the pollock. It was my very
first BTN too. Dahlinks! Shall I sing something triumphant to you?

[is led gently but firmly away by the men in whiting suits]
--
Kate B
London
Chris McMillan
[...]