DID guest today....
Add Reply
Min
2019-10-06 19:11:52 UTC
Was Lin-Manuel Miranda and he seemed a Jolly Good Egg. I googled him,
then discovered he had surprised his wife on their Wedding Day and
the subsequent video had been viewed 6 million times. So, I watched
it, and having been in Fiddler On The Roof a few years ago, enjoyed
it very much. Hope you do - of course, being a narcoleptic, I may
have missed this being Gone Into on DID itself. If so, apologies,
but it is well worth a watch!

Min
b***@gmail.com
2019-10-07 15:52:14 UTC
Post by Min
Was Lin-Manuel Miranda and he seemed a Jolly Good Egg.
Good Egg, yes - he got organized very quickly, roped in a load of A list artists, wrote and recorded a benefit single to benefit Puerto Rico hurricane disaster efforts. Impressive. https://hispanicfederation.org/media/press_releases/lin-manuel_miranda_and_artist_for_puerto_rico_unveil_almost_like_praying/

I haven't seen Hamilton yet, though I'm really eager to. He has published an absolutely charming book of pep talks called "GMorning, GNight". And he's a huge fan of the West Wing TV series, and recorded a mash-up rap which - if you know the programme - is adorable. It's on youtube, I think.

I admire his genre-bending (reminds me a little of the novels of Geoff Dyer - particularly But Beautiful).
Sid Nuncius
2019-10-07 17:11:02 UTC
Wow, good to see you again Ben. :)
Yes indeed! Hurrah!