I am so tempted to go to this
2019-03-11 11:49:26 UTC
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/academic-archers-2019-in-sheffield-tickets-46680949978

The conference programme sounds fun and interesting and it is in
Sheffield. Not been back there for many years.

If you went which talks would you go to? Some seem only 10 minutes
long, which seems odd.
Mike
2019-03-11 11:59:02 UTC
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/academic-archers-2019-in-sheffield-tickets-46680949978
The conference programme sounds fun and interesting and it is in
Sheffield. Not been back there for many years.
If you went which talks would you go to? Some seem only 10 minutes
long, which seems odd.
Well, the daily documentary is only _12_ minutes!
2019-03-11 12:12:48 UTC
On Mon, 11 Mar 2019 11:49:26 +0000, Vicky Ayech
Post by Vicky Ayech
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/academic-archers-2019-in-sheffield-tickets-46680949978
The conference programme sounds fun and interesting and it is in
Sheffield. Not been back there for many years.
If you went which talks would you go to? Some seem only 10 minutes
long, which seems odd.
OOOOH! You can stay in Halifax Hall, where I lived for 2 years. For
only £100 a night! But double bedroom, en suite, wifi, bathrobe, tv.
It has changed! Breakfast included and that was always very good.,
krw
2019-03-11 15:02:41 UTC
Post by Vicky Ayech
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/academic-archers-2019-in-sheffield-tickets-46680949978
The conference programme sounds fun and interesting and it is in
Sheffield. Not been back there for many years.
If you went which talks would you go to? Some seem only 10 minutes
long, which seems odd.
OOOOH! You can stay in Halifax Hall, where I lived for 2 years. For
only £100 a night! But double bedroom, en suite, wifi, bathrobe, tv.
It has changed! Breakfast included and that was always very good.,
Not Sheffield but I don't think any of our halls had double bedrooms.
2019-03-11 15:08:01 UTC
Post by Vicky Ayech
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/academic-archers-2019-in-sheffield-tickets-46680949978
The conference programme sounds fun and interesting and it is in
Sheffield. Not been back there for many years.
If you went which talks would you go to? Some seem only 10 minutes
long, which seems odd.
OOOOH! You can stay in Halifax Hall, where I lived for 2 years. For
only £100 a night! But double bedroom, en suite, wifi, bathrobe, tv.
It has changed!  Breakfast included and that was always very good.,
Not Sheffield but I don't think any of our halls had double bedrooms.
Not Sheffield either but a lot of our rooms were used as double bedrooms
anyway.

2019-03-11 18:24:19 UTC
On Mon, 11 Mar 2019 15:08:01 +0000, Nick Odell
Post by Vicky Ayech
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/academic-archers-2019-in-sheffield-tickets-46680949978
The conference programme sounds fun and interesting and it is in
Sheffield. Not been back there for many years.
If you went which talks would you go to? Some seem only 10 minutes
long, which seems odd.
OOOOH! You can stay in Halifax Hall, where I lived for 2 years. For
only £100 a night! But double bedroom, en suite, wifi, bathrobe, tv.
It has changed!  Breakfast included and that was always very good.,
Not Sheffield but I don't think any of our halls had double bedrooms.
Not Sheffield either but a lot of our rooms were used as double bedrooms
anyway.
Nick
Men were only allowed to visit before 6pm and women in the mens' halls
the same.
Mike
2019-03-11 18:58:47 UTC
Post by Vicky Ayech
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/academic-archers-2019-in-sheffield-tickets-46680949978
The conference programme sounds fun and interesting and it is in
Sheffield. Not been back there for many years.
If you went which talks would you go to? Some seem only 10 minutes
long, which seems odd.
OOOOH! You can stay in Halifax Hall, where I lived for 2 years. For
only £100 a night! But double bedroom, en suite, wifi, bathrobe, tv.
It has changed!  Breakfast included and that was always very good.,
Not Sheffield but I don't think any of our halls had double bedrooms.
Not Sheffield either but a lot of our rooms were used as double bedrooms
anyway.
Nick
Men were only allowed to visit before 6pm and women in the mens' halls
the same.
Hiding of sausages have time limitations?!
We thought it was funny.
Sam Plusnet
2019-03-11 19:41:09 UTC
Post by Vicky Ayech
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/academic-archers-2019-in-sheffield-tickets-46680949978
The conference programme sounds fun and interesting and it is in
Sheffield. Not been back there for many years.
If you went which talks would you go to? Some seem only 10 minutes
long, which seems odd.
OOOOH! You can stay in Halifax Hall, where I lived for 2 years. For
only £100 a night! But double bedroom, en suite, wifi, bathrobe, tv.
It has changed!  Breakfast included and that was always very good.,
Not Sheffield but I don't think any of our halls had double bedrooms.
Not Sheffield either but a lot of our rooms were used as double bedrooms
anyway.
Ecologically sound use of space and facilities. Well done!
2019-03-11 22:53:40 UTC
Post by Vicky Ayech
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/academic-archers-2019-in-sheffield-tickets-46680949978
The conference programme sounds fun and interesting and it is in
Sheffield. Not been back there for many years.
If you went which talks would you go to? Some seem only 10 minutes
long, which seems odd.
OOOOH! You can stay in Halifax Hall, where I lived for 2 years. For
only £100 a night! But double bedroom, en suite, wifi, bathrobe, tv.
It has changed!  Breakfast included and that was always very good.,
Not Sheffield but I don't think any of our halls had double bedrooms.
Not Sheffield either but a lot of our rooms were used as double
bedrooms anyway.
Ecologically sound use of space and facilities.  Well done!
I think the story was about Essex where in the residential blocks
alternate floors were male / female but at any one time 50% of the
floors were empty. No I didn't go there.
2019-03-12 08:54:27 UTC
Post by Vicky Ayech
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/academic-archers-2019-in-sheffield-tickets-46680949978
The conference programme sounds fun and interesting and it is in
Sheffield. Not been back there for many years.
If you went which talks would you go to? Some seem only 10 minutes
long, which seems odd.
OOOOH! You can stay in Halifax Hall, where I lived for 2 years. For
only £100 a night! But double bedroom, en suite, wifi, bathrobe, tv.
It has changed!  Breakfast included and that was always very good.,
Not Sheffield but I don't think any of our halls had double bedrooms.
Not Sheffield either but a lot of our rooms were used as double bedrooms
anyway.
Ecologically sound use of space and facilities. Well done!
Less energy consumption on the heating requirements eh? Fnarr-fnarr.
2019-03-11 15:49:39 UTC
Post by Vicky Ayech
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/academic-archers-2019-in-sheffield-tickets-46680949978
The conference programme sounds fun and interesting and it is in
Sheffield. Not been back there for many years.
If you went which talks would you go to? Some seem only 10 minutes
long, which seems odd.
OOOOH! You can stay in Halifax Hall, where I lived for 2 years. For
only £100 a night! But double bedroom, en suite, wifi, bathrobe, tv.
It has changed! Breakfast included and that was always very good.,
Unis know how to charge, Vicky. I’m only surprised it’s not more frankly,

2019-03-12 22:53:08 UTC
Post by Vicky Ayech
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/academic-archers-2019-in-sheffield-tickets-46680949978
The conference programme sounds fun and interesting and it is in
Sheffield. Not been back there for many years.
If you went which talks would you go to? Some seem only 10 minutes
long, which seems odd.
OOOOH! You can stay in Halifax Hall, where I lived for 2 years. For
only £100 a night! But double bedroom, en suite, wifi, bathrobe, tv.
It has changed! Breakfast included and that was always very good.,
Unis know how to charge, Vicky. I’m only surprised it’s not more frankly,
It's not part of the University now, although it's right next to the
accommodation.
2019-03-12 22:50:28 UTC
Post by Vicky Ayech
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/academic-archers-2019-in-sheffield-tickets-46680949978
The conference programme sounds fun and interesting and it is in
Sheffield. Not been back there for many years.
If you went which talks would you go to? Some seem only 10 minutes
long, which seems odd.
OOOOH! You can stay in Halifax Hall, where I lived for 2 years. For
only £100 a night! But double bedroom, en suite, wifi, bathrobe, tv.
It has changed! Breakfast included and that was always very good.,
Halifax Hall is the old Women's Hall, where Ma lived for 2 years. She
had her 21st birthday party there. We went back to have dinner there
when she was 80 and we were in the same room (formerly the music room)
as her party.
2019-03-12 12:52:13 UTC
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/academic-archers-2019-in-sheffield-tickets-46680949978
The conference programme sounds fun and interesting and it is in
Sheffield. Not been back there for many years.
If you went which talks would you go to? Some seem only 10 minutes
long, which seems odd.
Gosh, they have packed a lot in. I wouldn't like to be trying to keep
presenters to time with that full a programme.

I would have loved to go but have absolutely no wish to revisit
Sheffield where I lived for two years and eight months - or, rather, my
parents lived. I was, happily, in Manchester for much of that time.
2019-03-20 09:38:55 UTC
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/academic-archers-2019-in-sheffield-tickets-46680949978
The conference programme sounds fun and interesting and it is in
Sheffield. Not been back there for many years.
If you went which talks would you go to? Some seem only 10 minutes
long, which seems odd.
Sadly, the organisers can sell all the tickets if it is based in London
but there are still tickets available for the Sheffield event. Carole
and I went to it when it was held in Lincoln and enjoyed it.

Saturday and Sunday 6th & 7th April (clashes with the British Go Congress)

Academic Archers 2018 - The Movie

LFS
2019-03-20 15:17:20 UTC
Post by DavidK
Post by Vicky Ayech
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/academic-archers-2019-in-sheffield-tickets-46680949978
The conference programme sounds fun and interesting and it is in
Sheffield. Not been back there for many years.
If you went which talks would you go to? Some seem only 10 minutes
long, which seems odd.
Sadly, the organisers can sell all the tickets if it is based in London
but there are still tickets available for the Sheffield event. Carole
and I went to it when it was held in Lincoln and enjoyed it.
Saturday and Sunday 6th & 7th April (clashes with the British Go Congress)
Academic Archers 2018 - The Movie
http://youtu.be/XviraudZn-U
Well, that was a shock. In my head, Susan is blonde.
2019-03-20 15:25:52 UTC
Post by LFS
Post by DavidK
Academic Archers 2018 - The Movie
http://youtu.be/XviraudZn-U
Well, that was a shock. In my head, Susan is blonde.
I apologise, I hadn't watched it. I try to avoid photos of the
characters' other haves but in Susan's case I suppose I can't avoid it.
Fenny
2019-03-20 20:43:49 UTC
Post by DavidK
Saturday and Sunday 6th & 7th April (clashes with the British Go Congress)
My martial arts instructor sent out a text yesterday saying she was
going to hold a joint class with the guy who teaches in Corby and it
would be a great opportunity for us to meet other students. So could
we please let her know who would be coming on 31 March.

10 minutes later, when we'd all replied we were having lunch with our
respective mummies / offspring, she decided to change the date to 7
April. I'll be having lunch in Sheffield with my mummy on 31 March
and won't be free to attend any conference there the following
weekend.