OT: RWC
BrritSki
2019-10-04 15:21:48 UTC
Are any umrats enjoying the Rugby World Cup. Looking forward to our
first real test tomorrow morning against Argentina but they're not as
good as they were at their peak a few years ago. Never to be taken
lightly though, nor France next week.

At least for once we have a major sporting spectacle of FTA TV...
DavidK
2019-10-04 15:58:09 UTC
Are any umrats enjoying the Rugby World Cup.  Looking forward to our
first real test tomorrow morning against Argentina but they're not as
good as they were at their peak a few years ago. Never to be taken
lightly though, nor France next week.
At least for once we have a major sporting spectacle of FTA TV...
I watched the first matches and enjoyed them but I haven't watched them
recently. There seems to be two good teams in each pool, two not-too-bad
teams (argentina and japan), and the rest of the teams are just filling.
The competition just seems to be be by how much the the good team can
beat the weak team.

I would have watched the Irish-Japan match if I weren't losing in a go
tournament and I intended to watch the south africa v italy match but
forgot. Perhaps just as well, I thought it would be even and interesting
but it wasn't.

England v argentina might be worth watching, I expect Japan to beat
Samoa by a large margin and sunday's, tuesday's, wednesday's and
friday's matches matches will just be to see whether the winning team
gets a bonus point.

Saturday should be interesting.

My ideal would be the four gb teams (or japan) in the semi-finals,
england v ireland in the final, and england win.
BrritSki
2019-10-04 17:19:02 UTC
Post by DavidK
Are any umrats enjoying the Rugby World Cup.  Looking forward to our
first real test tomorrow morning against Argentina but they're not as
good as they were at their peak a few years ago. Never to be taken
lightly though, nor France next week.
At least for once we have a major sporting spectacle on FTA TV...
I watched the first matches and enjoyed them but I haven't watched them
recently. There seems to be two good teams in each pool, two not-too-bad
teams (argentina and japan), and the rest of the teams are just filling.
That's how seeding works !
Post by DavidK
I would have watched the Irish-Japan match if I weren't losing in a go
tournament and I intended to watch the south africa v italy match but
forgot. Perhaps just as well, I thought it would be even and interesting
but it wasn't.
I didn't expect Italy to do well in that game, or against ABs.
Post by DavidK
England v argentina might be worth watching
I hope so, but they are not the team they were and we seem to be peaking
nicely.
Post by DavidK
My ideal would be the four gb teams (or japan) in the semi-finals,
england v ireland in the final, and england win.
The latter might be possible, but only Wales will join them in th elast
4 imo.
steveski
2019-10-04 16:20:12 UTC
Post by BrritSki
Are any umrats enjoying the Rugby World Cup. Looking forward to our
first real test tomorrow morning against Argentina but they're not as
good as they were at their peak a few years ago. Never to be taken
lightly though, nor France next week.
At least for once we have a major sporting spectacle of FTA TV...
Because of my disability, I have serious problems with mornings and it's
just not the same watching recordings later in the day.

I'm following it closely on paper plus match reports etc. but I do manage
to watch the England games on the television in the bedroom.
Steveski
Chris McMillan
2019-10-04 21:06:10 UTC
Post by BrritSki
Are any umrats enjoying the Rugby World Cup. Looking forward to our
first real test tomorrow morning against Argentina but they're not as
good as they were at their peak a few years ago. Never to be taken
lightly though, nor France next week.
At least for once we have a major sporting spectacle of FTA TV...
Nooooooooo!! Sport free zone here

Sincerely Chris
Sam Plusnet
2019-10-04 21:52:34 UTC
Are any umrats enjoying the Rugby World Cup.  Looking forward to our
first real test tomorrow morning against Argentina but they're not as
good as they were at their peak a few years ago. Never to be taken
lightly though, nor France next week.
At least for once we have a major sporting spectacle of FTA TV...
I read the Subject line and thought

"Rubbish With Cats"?
"Rubbish With Chickens?"

This may indicate that I am not a rugby fan.
Sam Plusnet
krw
2019-10-04 21:56:27 UTC
Post by Sam Plusnet
Are any umrats enjoying the Rugby World Cup.  Looking forward to our
first real test tomorrow morning against Argentina but they're not as
good as they were at their peak a few years ago. Never to be taken
lightly though, nor France next week.
At least for once we have a major sporting spectacle of FTA TV...
I read the Subject line and thought
"Rubbish With Cats"?
"Rubbish With Chickens?"
This may indicate that I am not a rugby fan.
New definition of Helen
Rubbish with Children
Rubbish with Chaps
--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk
https://tinyurl.com/KRWpics
Nick Odell
2019-10-05 10:55:41 UTC
Post by Sam Plusnet
Are any umrats enjoying the Rugby World Cup.  Looking forward to our
first real test tomorrow morning against Argentina but they're not as
good as they were at their peak a few years ago. Never to be taken
lightly though, nor France next week.
At least for once we have a major sporting spectacle of FTA TV...
I read the Subject line and thought
"Rubbish With Cats"?
"Rubbish With Chickens?"
This may indicate that I am not a rugby fan.
I needed to know the result of the England v Argentina match just so I
know to tactfully avoid bringing it up in conversation later this
morning...

Nick
BrritSki
2019-10-05 11:16:44 UTC
Post by Nick Odell
Post by Sam Plusnet
Are any umrats enjoying the Rugby World Cup.  Looking forward to our
first real test tomorrow morning against Argentina but they're not as
good as they were at their peak a few years ago. Never to be taken
lightly though, nor France next week.
At least for once we have a major sporting spectacle of FTA TV...
I read the Subject line and thought
"Rubbish With Cats"?
"Rubbish With Chickens?"
This may indicate that I am not a rugby fan.
I needed to know the result of the England v Argentina match just so I
know to tactfully avoid bringing it up in conversation later this
morning...
A rather unfortunate game, esp. for the Argentinian player who was sent
off. No real malice in it afaics, just contact with the head which is an
automatic red card nowadays unless there are some mitigating factors.

After that it was over as a contest really - we scored our 4 tries for
the bonus point early in the second half and then switched off.
Understandable I suppose.

We are now definitely through to the quarter finals, the game against
France next week will decide whether we win the group or finish second.