spoiler: 7th Aug
2018-08-07 18:19:35 UTC
Some *people*! Fancy giving the village gossip carte blanche to pass on
your thoughts!

2018-08-07 19:31:26 UTC
Some*people*! Fancy giving the village gossip carte blanche to pass on
your thoughts!
She was going to do it anyway and it's a far less juicy piece of gossip
if Jenny appears to be completely relaxed and matter of fact about it.
There's also the benefit, as Jenny said, that reduces the number of
people who Jenny has to tell.
Q. How does a monkey make toast in the zoo?
A. He sticks it under the gorilla.
Vicky Ayech
2018-08-07 21:07:45 UTC
On Tue, 7 Aug 2018 20:31:26 +0100, Serena Blanchflower
Post by Serena Blanchflower
Some*people*! Fancy giving the village gossip carte blanche to pass on
your thoughts!
She was going to do it anyway and it's a far less juicy piece of gossip
if Jenny appears to be completely relaxed and matter of fact about it.
There's also the benefit, as Jenny said, that reduces the number of
people who Jenny has to tell.
She handled that well but earlier I thought she seemed very selfish. I
mean when she talked about Elizabeth's troubles. She dismissed those
because her own affairs were currently taking all her time and
thoughts, but Elizabeht's were very much more serious in comparison.
Freddy in danger of prison is worrying, although perhaps Brian is in
danger of it too.

I did want someone to tell Susan that she migth want to offer Freddy
advice if he is sentenced to jail, as she has experience.
Serena Blanchflower
2018-08-08 07:56:47 UTC
On Tue, 7 Aug 2018 20:31:26 +0100, Serena Blanchflower
Post by Serena Blanchflower
Some*people*! Fancy giving the village gossip carte blanche to pass on
your thoughts!
She was going to do it anyway and it's a far less juicy piece of gossip
if Jenny appears to be completely relaxed and matter of fact about it.
There's also the benefit, as Jenny said, that reduces the number of
people who Jenny has to tell.
She handled that well but earlier I thought she seemed very selfish. I
mean when she talked about Elizabeth's troubles. She dismissed those
because her own affairs were currently taking all her time and
thoughts, but Elizabeht's were very much more serious in comparison.
Freddy in danger of prison is worrying, although perhaps Brian is in
danger of it too.
Very true to life though. She has more than enough problems which she
is, or feels, responsible for sorting out. It isn't surprising that she
doesn't feel like giving too much attention to the admittedly very
serious problems of a cousin she isn't particularly close to.
Post by Vicky Ayech
I did want someone to tell Susan that she migth want to offer Freddy
advice if he is sentenced to jail, as she has experience.
<g>
The truth is rarely pure and never simple. (Oscar Wilde)
Chris McMillan
2018-08-08 08:20:02 UTC
Post by Vicky Ayech
I did want someone to tell Susan that she migth want to offer Freddy
advice if he is sentenced to jail, as she has experience.
<g>
At 18, Freddie’s a young offender, it’s different to adult prison.

2018-08-08 13:21:53 UTC
On Wed, 08 Aug 2018 08:20:02 GMT, Chris McMillan
At 18, Freddie’s a young offender,
Um, no he isn't, that's 14-17 year-olds.
2018-08-08 13:37:38 UTC
Post by Chris McMillan
At 18, Freddie’s a young offender,
Um, no he isn't, that's 14-17 year-olds.
According to <https://www.gov.uk/age-of-criminal-responsibility>,

Young people aged 18 are treated as an adult by the law.

If they’re sent to prison, they’ll be sent to a place that holds 18 to
25-year-olds, not a full adult prison.
We thought we were running away from the grown-ups and now we are the
grown-ups (Margaret Atwood)
Chris McMillan
2018-08-08 15:49:03 UTC
On Wed, 08 Aug 2018 08:20:02 GMT, Chris McMillan
At 18, Freddie’s a young offender,
Um, no he isn't, that's 14-17 year-olds.
What’s the 18 - 21 group known as? I should’ve asked Wunderkind, 18 - 21
was who she taught radio skills to when she left university but they were
still housed in a young offenders unit.

2018-08-08 15:58:48 UTC
On Wed, 08 Aug 2018 15:49:03 GMT, Chris McMillan
Post by Penny
On Wed, 08 Aug 2018 08:20:02 GMT, Chris McMillan
At 18, Freddie?s a young offender,
Um, no he isn't, that's 14-17 year-olds.
What’s the 18 - 21 group known as?
Young adults I think.
You were right about them not going to adult prison though, I think this is
a relatively new thing.
2018-08-09 15:50:06 UTC
Post by Penny
On Wed, 08 Aug 2018 08:20:02 GMT, Chris McMillan
At 18, Freddie?s a young offender,
Um, no he isn't, that's 14-17 year-olds.
What’s the 18 - 21 group known as?
Young adults I think.
You were right about them not going to adult prison though, I think this is
a relatively new thing.
Wunderkind worked in a young offenders unit in the mid-2000s. When the
guvmint said every prison needed its own rayjo station, when it changed its
mind, do did she. Seems a very long time ago!

Sincerely Chris
Paul Herber
2018-08-09 16:11:56 UTC
Post by Penny
On Wed, 08 Aug 2018 08:20:02 GMT, Chris McMillan
At 18, Freddie?s a young offender,
Um, no he isn't, that's 14-17 year-olds.
What?s the 18 - 21 group known as?
Young adults I think.
You were right about them not going to adult prison though, I think this is
a relatively new thing.
Wunderkind worked in a young offenders unit in the mid-2000s. When the
guvmint said every prison needed its own rayjo station,
talk about a captive audience!
--
Regards, Paul Herber
http://www.paulherber.co.uk/
Chris McMillan

2018-08-08 08:20:02 UTC
Some*people*! Fancy giving the village gossip carte blanche to pass on
your thoughts!
She was going to do it anyway and it's a far less juicy piece of gossip
if Jenny appears to be completely relaxed and matter of fact about it.
There's also the benefit, as Jenny said, that reduces the number of
people who Jenny has to tell.
True. It was the way it happened that took my breath away, and even if
Soozan insists she’s ‘nearly family’, being her, she’ll be blabbing
everything extended Archer related now, mark my words. Quite right Pat
speaks her mind when Soozan’s done it. Effer might just find she’s dun
wrong!