Katericide?
2019-03-15 19:15:27 UTC
Would doing away with Kate incur the wrath of the law - or, would it be
classed as a humanitarian act for the benefit of Mankind?
2019-03-15 19:21:11 UTC
Would doing away with Kate incur the wrath of the law - or, would it be
classed as a humanitarian act for the benefit of Mankind?

IRTA something to do with cats. I find it very worrying that she and
Hilda are so pally, between them they could do a lot of damage...
2019-03-16 00:48:52 UTC
Post by LFS
Post by Mike
Would doing away with Kate incur the wrath of the law - or, would it be
classed as a humanitarian act for the benefit of Mankind?
(Probably both.)
Post by LFS
IRTA something to do with cats. I find it very worrying that she and
Hilda are so pally, between them they could do a lot of damage...
Yes, her affinity with Hilda _does_ seem worrying. Though I _love_ that
Jill is going to charge her rent, despite her Hilda ability! First time,
I think, that anyone has _ever_ made Kate pay for anything. (I presume
she doesn't pay rent for the land Spiritual Home is on - it's her share,
or something.)

And Jonathan Harker would never have sent all those letters to his beloved
Mina from Transylvania, he'd have texted her instead. "Stuck in weird castle w
guy w big teeth. Missing u. xxxx (-:" - Alison Graham, RT 2015/11/7-13
Mike
2019-03-16 07:47:19 UTC
Post by LFS
IRTA something to do with cats. I find it very worrying that she and
Hilda are so pally, between them they could do a lot of damage...
Yes, her affinity with Hilda _does_ seem worrying. Though I _love_ that
Jill is going to charge her rent, despite her Hilda ability! First time,
I think, that anyone has _ever_ made Kate pay for anything. (I presume
she doesn't pay rent for the land Spiritual Home is on - it's her share,
or something.)
ITYM Piggy! And yes, Piggy should demand the rent 6 months in advance, non
- returnable deposit of equivalent to 12 months too!
2019-03-16 09:45:32 UTC
Post by LFS
IRTA something to do with cats. I find it very worrying that she and
Hilda are so pally, between them they could do a lot of damage...
Yes, her affinity with Hilda _does_ seem worrying. Though I _love_ that
Jill is going to charge her rent, despite her Hilda ability! First time,
I think, that anyone has _ever_ made Kate pay for anything. (I presume
she doesn't pay rent for the land Spiritual Home is on - it's her share,
or something.)
ITYM Piggy! And yes, Piggy should demand the rent 6 months in advance, non
- returnable deposit of equivalent to 12 months too!
I know this has been raised before but a penny has just dropped. Alice
and Kate were each given a cottage; Alice and Chris are still living in
hers, who is using Kate's? Somerat remind me please.
SODAM
2019-03-16 10:25:55 UTC
Post by DavidK
Post by LFS
IRTA something to do with cats. I find it very worrying that she and
Hilda are so pally, between them they could do a lot of damage...
Yes, her affinity with Hilda _does_ seem worrying. Though I _love_ that
Jill is going to charge her rent, despite her Hilda ability! First time,
I think, that anyone has _ever_ made Kate pay for anything. (I presume
she doesn't pay rent for the land Spiritual Home is on - it's her share,
or something.)
ITYM Piggy! And yes, Piggy should demand the rent 6 months in advance, non
- returnable deposit of equivalent to 12 months too!
I know this has been raised before but a penny has just dropped. Alice
and Kate were each given a cottage; Alice and Chris are still living in
hers, who is using Kate's? Somerat remind me please.
She let it to earn an income and moved back into the farmhouse, uninvited
(as ever). I was wondering the same thing. She either has enough from her
rental income to pay Peggy some rent, or she could give notice to the
tenants and move back into her own cottage. BIMBAM.
--
SODAM
The thinking umrat’s choice for editor
Mike
2019-03-16 11:12:42 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by DavidK
Post by LFS
[...]
They have to find the lost post-it notes to find out who Kate let the
cottage to first;-)
2019-03-16 11:42:17 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by DavidK
Post by LFS
[...]
Ah you think she actually gets the rent herself? Some think it goes to
the estate and is shared between them. I didn't think of Alice living
rent free so Kate must be entitled to so can keep the rent. So when
she told Peggy she can't pay because her business is doing badly she
was just being a cow? And if she'd stayed in the UK and worked over
Xmas and NY maybe it would have done better.
Mike
2019-03-16 11:50:11 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by DavidK
Post by LFS
[...]
Ah but, being the ‘owner’ of the business, this entitles her to nugger orff
and then blame Brian for the loss of business. ‘Sobvious really.
Rosemary Miskin
2019-03-16 12:17:30 UTC
being the ‘owner’ of the business, this entitles her to.....
anything she wants, in her opinion.

Rosemary
SODAM
SODAM
2019-03-16 13:01:22 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by DavidK
I know this has been raised before but a penny has just dropped. Alice
and Kate were each given a cottage; Alice and Chris are still living in
hers, who is using Kate's? Somerat remind me please.
She let it to earn an income and moved back into the farmhouse, uninvited
(as ever). I was wondering the same thing. She either has enough from her
rental income to pay Peggy some rent, or she could give notice to the
tenants and move back into her own cottage. BIMBAM.
Ah you think she actually gets the rent herself? Some think it goes to
the estate and is shared between them. I didn't think of Alice living
rent free so Kate must be entitled to so can keep the rent. So when
she told Peggy she can't pay because her business is doing badly she
was just being a cow? And if she'd stayed in the UK and worked over
Xmas and NY maybe it would have done better.
The farmhouse and cottages didn’t belong to the estate. Brian and Jenny
owned them, which is why they could sell the house. However, I am ready to
be proved wrong.
krw
2019-03-16 14:45:52 UTC
Post by SODAM
The farmhouse and cottages didn’t belong to the estate. Brian and Jenny
owned them, which is why they could sell the house. However, I am ready to
be proved wrong.
All were part of Home Farm. The farmhouse was carved out so it could be
sold off. Alice and Kate pay no rent for the cottages. Kate uses her
rental income to support Spiritual Home.
2019-03-16 14:44:22 UTC
Ah you think she actually gets the rent herself
We know Kate gets the rent from the let as it supports Spiritual Home.
2019-03-16 15:17:54 UTC
Post by DavidK
I know this has been raised before but a penny has just dropped. Alice
and Kate were each given a cottage; Alice and Chris are still living in
hers, who is using Kate's? Somerat remind me please.
We're told that Brian took the cottages back from Kate and Alice, in
return for their share in the partnership (and that Alice now pays rent
for hers). Leaving aside whether this was legally feasible, it does
still leave open the question of who is living in the cottage which Kate
used to own.

I assume it's only one bedroomed, or we'd all be wondering why Brian and
Jenny didn't move there, rather than Willow Cottage. We've never heard
of a long term tenant living there, so it's probably still being used
for holiday lets. If so, it's unlikely that it's booked for at least
the next few weeks, so I don't know why Kate hasn't been able to move
back into it, at least until Easter.
Why do they call this a word processor? It's simple, ... you've seen
what food processors do to food, right?
Mike
2019-03-16 15:29:48 UTC
Post by DavidK
[...]
I think the less-than-diligent amnesiac sw’s are sleeping in the doorway,
barring her entry.;-)
2019-03-16 18:01:16 UTC
Post by DavidK
[...]
When the box file of information to let everyone know everything was
effiicently transferred to a database that card was lost and never
entered.

Vicky Ayech
She either won't pay or will get the money from Brian.
Chris McMillan

2019-03-15 19:25:05 UTC
Would doing away with Kate incur the wrath of the law - or, would it be
classed as a humanitarian act for the benefit of Mankind?
Ruth should have taken Kate with her when she went to New Zealand and
abandoned her in Christchurch.

2019-03-16 00:51:46 UTC
Would doing away with Kate incur the wrath of the law - or, would it be
classed as a humanitarian act for the benefit of Mankind?
Ruth should have taken Kate with her when she went to New Zealand and
abandoned her in Christchurch.
Nick
Some BTN attempts are perhaps too obvious? I think for proper BTN/BTAs
*in UMRA*, they have to generate a laugh, even if a guilty one; this one
didn't really, for me.

(Not getting at Nick in particular.)

Sid Nuncius
2019-03-16 07:26:03 UTC
Would doing away with Kate incur the wrath of the law - or, would it be
classed as a humanitarian act for the benefit of Mankind?
Ruth should have taken Kate with her when she went to New Zealand and
abandoned her in Christchurch.
Some BTN attempts are perhaps too obvious? I think for proper BTN/BTAs
*in UMRA*, they have to generate a laugh, even if a guilty one; this one
didn't really, for me.
(Not getting at Nick in particular.)
A good point, John, and one which I considered myself before reading
your post. I accepted the nomination because it is the first BT on this
matter and it did make me smile guiltily so my judgement was different
from yours, but blatancy is definitely a consideration.
That's me f**cked then :/
SODAM
2019-03-16 10:25:54 UTC
A good point, John, and one which I considered myself before reading
your post.  I accepted the nomination because it is the first BT on this
matter and it did make me smile guiltily so my judgement was different
from yours, but blatancy is definitely a consideration.
That's me f**cked then :/
Bragging again, Brritski?
BrritSki
Magari....
Nick Odell
2019-03-16 09:25:04 UTC
Would doing away with Kate incur the wrath of the law - or, would it be
classed as a humanitarian act for the benefit of Mankind?
Ruth should have taken Kate with her when she went to New Zealand and
abandoned her in Christchurch.
Some BTN attempts are perhaps too obvious? I think for proper BTN/BTAs
*in UMRA*, they have to generate a laugh, even if a guilty one; this
one didn't really, for me.
(Not getting at Nick in particular.)
A good point, John, and one which I considered myself before reading
your post.  I accepted the nomination because it is the first BT on this
matter and it did make me smile guiltily so my judgement was different
from yours, but blatancy is definitely a consideration.
If it matters, I had my doubts too. There are, in my opinion, at least
two ways of going for a BTN and one of those is the gentler, more
relaxed situation where a conversation about something silly or
inconsequential can wander into the darker realms and suddenly it
becomes bad taste.

The other is where something so awful, so evil, so tragic occurs that it
leaves one speechless but there still remains a need to express ones
feelings. Somehow, starting a thread to say Have you heard the news?
Isn't it dreadful? seldom feels right. There's a need - well, for me
there is - to say something while it is fresh and raw and in this
relatively closed community where bad taste is a recognised form of
communication, saying the unspeakable becomes my way of communicating
the unsayable - if you see what I mean? It may not have been very well
crafted - and I don't think this one was - but for me it brings out into
the open what I've been thinking about and what I imagine we've all been
thinking about and for which I still don't have the words to express my
utter, utter emptiness.

Nick
Clive Arthur
2019-03-16 10:01:07 UTC
Would doing away with Kate incur the wrath of the law - or, would it be
classed as a humanitarian act for the benefit of Mankind?
Kim Catricide could probably deal with both Kate and Hilda.

(I tried to Google her to check the spelling, but it seems either she's
been erased or I imagined her.)

Cheers
Clive
Penny
2019-03-16 10:56:12 UTC
On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 10:01:07 +0000, Clive Arthur <***@nowaytoday.co.uk>
scrawled in the dust...
Post by Clive Arthur
Post by Mike
Would doing away with Kate incur the wrath of the law - or, would it be
classed as a humanitarian act for the benefit of Mankind?
Kim Catricide could probably deal with both Kate and Hilda.
(I tried to Google her to check the spelling, but it seems either she's
been erased or I imagined her.)
How odd.
I'd never heard of her Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:BBC_radio_presenters hasn't either
but google (via a forum post) tells me s/he is a presenter on Radio Four.
2019-03-16 11:10:25 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
Post by Mike
Would doing away with Kate incur the wrath of the law - or, would it be
classed as a humanitarian act for the benefit of Mankind?
Kim Catricide could probably deal with both Kate and Hilda.
(I tried to Google her to check the spelling, but it seems either she's
been erased or I imagined her.)
Cheers
Perhaps the POTUS got hold of the pussy?