why the meeting tonight?
2019-06-14 08:18:29 UTC
Peggy was not that impressed with Natrasha. She sort of interviewed
her a bit hostily and that made Natasha flee. Maybe the meeting is to
discuss the situation and make sure she doesn't get her hands on a
chunk of Bridge Farm? Maybe the man in the 4x4 has information about
Nat.
Mike
2019-06-14 08:36:57 UTC
Peggy was not that impressed with Natrasha. She sort of interviewed
her a bit hostily and that made Natasha flee. Maybe the meeting is to
discuss the situation and make sure she doesn't get her hands on a
chunk of Bridge Farm? Maybe the man in the 4x4 has information about
Nat.
That would be good - and if he also has the dirty on Russ...
2019-06-14 09:32:02 UTC
Peggy was not that impressed with Natrasha. She sort of interviewed
her a bit hostily and that made Natasha flee. Maybe the meeting is to
discuss the situation and make sure she doesn't get her hands on a
chunk of Bridge Farm? Maybe the man in the 4x4 has information about
Nat.
Or is a lawyer (or similar), anyway.
Post by Mike
That would be good - and if he also has the dirty on Russ...
We haven't heard much of him for a while. What's he up to?

jpeg
--

Three- (or four-) way referendum, if we _have_ to have another one.

A clean, neat and orderly desk is a sign of a sick mind. (G6JPG's mind is
clearly extremely healthy ...)
Peter Withey
2019-06-14 10:57:44 UTC
On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 09:18:29 +0100, Vicky Ayech
Post by Vicky Ayech
Peggy was not that impressed with Natrasha. She sort of interviewed
her a bit hostily and that made Natasha flee. Maybe the meeting is to
discuss the situation and make sure she doesn't get her hands on a
chunk of Bridge Farm? Maybe the man in the 4x4 has information about
Nat.
But why invite David and Ruth, in that case.

All the trailers I've heard today refer to June's 100th. As Peggy's
95th isn't until November I not sure how they can work it in. Unless
the mystery man has information that Peggy's D of B was registered
incorrectly and is actually 100 today.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see <g>
Pete
Serena Blanchflower
2019-06-14 11:11:01 UTC
Post by Peter Withey
All the trailers I've heard today refer to June's 100th. As Peggy's
95th isn't until November I not sure how they can work it in. Unless
the mystery man has information that Peggy's D of B was registered
incorrectly and is actually 100 today.
Yes, I think we can be pretty confident that Peggy isn't going to be
celebrating her 100th birthday, as such! I suspect that they are just
making sure that today's episode is focussed firmly on Peggy. They may
find some excuse for some reminiscing on how long she's been in
Ambridge. It wouldn't surprise me if there was some reference to 100th
birthdays though. This could be Peggy, or someone else, commenting on
the chances of her living to 100 or, maybe, Peggy mentioning that it was
a friend's 100th birthday which had prompted her to make whatever
decision has lead to today's meeting.
Post by Peter Withey
I guess we'll just have to wait and see <g>
Yes, we'll find out this evening.
I must say I find television very educational. The minute somebody turns
it on, I go to the library and read a good book (Groucho Marx)
Vicky Ayech
2019-06-14 12:19:29 UTC
I hope so. Not just anotehr teasing Friday ending.
Nick Odell
2019-06-14 12:33:12 UTC
Post by Peter Withey
I guess we'll just have to wait and see <g>
Yes, we'll find out this evening.
If it hasn't been mentioned before, June Spencer is on the wireless at
1.45 today, her birthday, in "Living Memory"
(https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0005tpr)

Perhaps they are going to do a "The Wainwrights"
(https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03g9wxz)and have Peggy listen to
June's broadcast?

There is a 3 page spread in the Radio Times about June too.
Jim Easterbrook
2019-06-14 13:16:04 UTC
Post by Nick Odell
If it hasn't been mentioned before, June Spencer is on the wireless at
1.45 today, her birthday, in "Living Memory"
(https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0005tpr)
Perhaps they are going to do a "The Wainwrights"
(https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03g9wxz)and have Peggy listen to
June's broadcast?
There is a 3 page spread in the Radio Times about June too.
My brain saw that as "page 3 spread" and gave me quite the wrong idea.
2019-06-14 13:20:18 UTC
Post by Nick Odell
If it hasn't been mentioned before, June Spencer is on the wireless at
1.45 today, her birthday, in "Living Memory"
(https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0005tpr)
Perhaps they are going to do a "The Wainwrights"
(https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03g9wxz)and have Peggy listen to
June's broadcast?
There is a 3 page spread in the Radio Times about June too.
My brain saw that as "page 3 spread" and gave me quite the wrong idea.
If it features June Spencer I suspect it will be a bit of a flop and
fall flat.
Serena Blanchflower
2019-06-14 12:51:46 UTC
Perhaps they are going to do a "The Wainwrights"
(https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03g9wxz)and have Peggy listen to
June's broadcast?
That would be fun! I'm just listening to "In Living Memory" at the
moment - I've been enjoying it all week.
I am not young enough to know everything. (Oscar Wilde)
Peter Withey
2019-06-14 13:02:55 UTC
Post by Peter Withey
I guess we'll just have to wait and see <g>
Yes, we'll find out this evening.
If it hasn't been mentioned before, June Spencer is on the wireless at
1.45 today, her birthday, in "Living Memory"
(https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0005tpr)
Perhaps they are going to do a "The Wainwrights"
(https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03g9wxz)and have Peggy listen to
June's broadcast?
Nick
Both Nick and Serena's suggestions beg the question "why exclude
Lilian"
Pete
Serena Blanchflower
2019-06-14 18:58:32 UTC
Post by Peter Withey
I guess we'll just have to wait and see <g>
Yes, we'll find out this evening.
If it hasn't been mentioned before, June Spencer is on the wireless at
1.45 today, her birthday, in "Living Memory"
(https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0005tpr)
Perhaps they are going to do a "The Wainwrights"
(https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03g9wxz)and have Peggy listen to
June's broadcast?
Nick
Both Nick and Serena's suggestions beg the question "why exclude
Lilian"
Not really[1], as I don't think either Nick or I were making any comment
about what the meeting was for, from Peggy's perspective, only on what
the SWs wanted to get out of the episode, to honour June's birthday.

[1] Quite apart from any pedantic comments about what begging the
question actually means...
Food is an important part of a balanced diet. (Fran Lebowitz)
Chris J Dixon
2019-06-15 06:54:01 UTC
[1] Quite apart from any pedantic comments about what begging the
question actually means...
Go Serena! ;-)

***@cdixon.me.uk @ChrisJDixon1
Plant amazing Acers.
Peter Withey
2019-06-15 08:41:25 UTC
On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 19:58:32 +0100, Serena Blanchflower
Post by Peter Withey
I guess we'll just have to wait and see <g>
Yes, we'll find out this evening.
If it hasn't been mentioned before, June Spencer is on the wireless at
1.45 today, her birthday, in "Living Memory"
(https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0005tpr)
Perhaps they are going to do a "The Wainwrights"
(https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03g9wxz)and have Peggy listen to
June's broadcast?
Nick
Both Nick and Serena's suggestions beg the question "why exclude
Lilian"
Not really[1], as I don't think either Nick or I were making any comment
about what the meeting was for, from Peggy's perspective, only on what
the SWs wanted to get out of the episode, to honour June's birthday.
[1] Quite apart from any pedantic comments about what begging the
question actually means...
Apologies. I'll be more careful in my choice of words in future.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Begging_the_question
Pete
Jenny M Benson
2019-06-15 09:09:01 UTC
Post by Peter Withey
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Begging_the_question
I live and learn! I always thought it meant AVOIDING the question.

Can we do the proper meaning of a "leading question" now?!
http://jennygenes.blogspot.co.uk/
krw
2019-06-15 09:36:48 UTC
Post by Peter Withey
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Begging_the_question
I live and learn!  I always thought it meant AVOIDING the question.
Can we do the proper meaning of a "leading question" now?!
I think you just did!
2019-06-15 09:43:06 UTC
On Sat, 15 Jun 2019 10:09:01 +0100, Jenny M Benson <***@hotmail.co.uk>
Post by Peter Withey
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Begging_the_question
I live and learn! I always thought it meant AVOIDING the question.
It's at the top of my list of phrases which should be banned.
Post by Jenny M Benson
Can we do the proper meaning of a "leading question" now?!
Isn't that what barristers are always being told off about?
2019-06-15 09:50:37 UTC
Post by Jenny M Benson
Can we do the proper meaning of a "leading question" now?!
Isn't that what barristers are always being told off about?
Yes. Instead of saying "Where were you on the 29th and who did you meet?"
a leading question might be "Did you meet the defendant in the Red Lion
on the 29th?".
2019-06-15 11:39:21 UTC
Post by Jenny M Benson
Can we do the proper meaning of a "leading question" now?!
Isn't that what barristers are always being told off about?
Yes. Instead of saying "Where were you on the 29th and who did you meet?"
a leading question might be "Did you meet the defendant in the Red Lion
on the 29th?".
No m’Lud, when we was both not there, we didn’t see eachother at all - in
fact neither of us was ever there, but if we were, we did not meet
eachother or even see ourselves there! Not no how we didn’t m’Lud sir.
2019-07-07 19:43:26 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Penny
On Sat, 15 Jun 2019 10:09:01 +0100, Jenny M Benson
Can we do the proper meaning of a "leading question" now?!
Isn't that what barristers are always being told off about?
Yes. Instead of saying "Where were you on the 29th and who did you meet?"
a leading question might be "Did you meet the defendant in the Red Lion
on the 29th?".
No m’Lud, when we was both not there, we didn’t see eachother at all - in
fact neither of us was ever there, but if we were, we did not meet
eachother or even see ourselves there! Not no how we didn’t m’Lud sir.
"I do not recall."
(in an Alabama accent)
Jane Vernon
2019-06-14 11:41:21 UTC
Post by Vicky Ayech
Peggy was not that impressed with Natrasha. She sort of interviewed
her a bit hostily and that made Natasha flee. Maybe the meeting is to
discuss the situation and make sure she doesn't get her hands on a
chunk of Bridge Farm? Maybe the man in the 4x4 has information about
Nat.
But why invite David and Ruth, in that case.
All the trailers I've heard today refer to June's 100th. As Peggy's
95th isn't until November I not sure how they can work it in. Unless
the mystery man has information that Peggy's D of B was registered
incorrectly and is actually 100 today.
I guess we'll just have to wait and see <g>
It won't be that or she'd invite Lilian as well. I still think it's
because they run the three farms.
--
Jane
BTME

2019-06-14 12:52:57 UTC
Post by Vicky Ayech
Peggy was not that impressed with Natrasha. She sort of interviewed
her a bit hostily and that made Natasha flee. Maybe the meeting is to
discuss the situation and make sure she doesn't get her hands on a
chunk of Bridge Farm? Maybe the man in the 4x4 has information about
Nat.
But why invite David and Ruth, in that case.
All the trailers I've heard today refer to June's 100th. As Peggy's
95th isn't until November I not sure how they can work it in. Unless
the mystery man has information that Peggy's D of B was registered
incorrectly and is actually 100 today.
I guess we'll just have to wait and see <g>
It won't be that or she'd invite Lilian as well.  I still think it's
because they run the three farms.
Does she have some land that she has decided to sell? It would make
sense to offer it to the three local farms (that all happen to be owned
by family members) first.
Peter Withey
2019-06-14 12:59:54 UTC
Post by Vicky Ayech
Peggy was not that impressed with Natrasha. She sort of interviewed
her a bit hostily and that made Natasha flee. Maybe the meeting is to
discuss the situation and make sure she doesn't get her hands on a
chunk of Bridge Farm? Maybe the man in the 4x4 has information about
Nat.
But why invite David and Ruth, in that case.
All the trailers I've heard today refer to June's 100th. As Peggy's
95th isn't until November I not sure how they can work it in. Unless
the mystery man has information that Peggy's D of B was registered
incorrectly and is actually 100 today.
I guess we'll just have to wait and see <g>
It won't be that or she'd invite Lilian as well. I still think it's
because they run the three farms.
If that is correct, what is the connection with June's 100th. Or is
all the build up and trailers purely red-herrings and there will be no
mention of birthdays at all..
Pete
Min
2019-06-17 03:09:20 UTC
Post by Jane Vernon
It won't be that or she'd invite Lilian as well. I still think it's
because they run the three farms.
I applaud your perception, and appreciated it whilst omnivoring
earlier!
--
Min