Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - 17th to 20th August 2020
2020-08-17 08:52:25 UTC

Cast :
Natasha Archer - Mali Harries
Emma Grundy - Emerald O'Hanrahan
Fallon Rogers - Joanna van Kampen
Lynda Snell - Carole Boyd
Robert Snell - Graham Blockey

Director : Kim Greengrass
Editor : Jeremy Howe
Writer : Daniel Thurman
Writer : Sarah McDonald-Hughes

Spoilers:
Monday 17th - The pressure piles on Fallon.
Tuesday 18th - Lynda plans a special evening and Emma realises what is
important
Wednesday 19th - Robert struggles to find the right words and Emma tries
to prove a point.
Thursday 20th - Fallon finds herself bombarded and Natasha questions her
own judgement.
2020-08-17 11:04:35 UTC
Natasha Archer - Mali Harries
Emma Grundy - Emerald O'Hanrahan
Fallon Rogers - Joanna van Kampen
Lynda Snell - Carole Boyd
Robert Snell - Graham Blockey
Is this a limited cast this week or have i not been paying attention?
It looks like things come to a head with Emma and Fallon.
Post by carolet
Director : Kim Greengrass
Editor : Jeremy Howe
Writer : Daniel Thurman
Writer : Sarah McDonald-Hughes
Monday 17th - The pressure piles on Fallon.
Tell Pat! And Tony.
Post by carolet
Tuesday 18th - Lynda plans a special evening and Emma realises what is
important
Oh. I am not sure she will be well enough for Jolene's socially
distanced line dancing night.Or might Robert want her there to see his
and Jim's triumph when the confront the birdwatching cheater. Is there
a bird called a cheater?
Post by carolet
Wednesday 19th - Robert struggles to find the right words and Emma tries
to prove a point.
Bridge Farm can't complain they are doing badly. The shop, website and
meat sales must have done well over lockdown, judging by what Farming
Today and other available farming programmes are reporting. Craft
bakeries and cakes should be doing well and cafes opening. There is no
excuse for harassing Fallon.
Others have suggested she move. I don't think the village shop has an
area big enough for the cafe bit even if for cake sales. The Bull was
suggested and Jolene might well want to help and a teatime offering
there with lots of publicity about why and how would reflect badly on
Bridge Farm.
Pat explains the facts above to her?
Jenny M Benson
2020-08-17 14:06:47 UTC
Oh. I am not sure she will be well enough for Jolene's socially
distanced line dancing night.
Is it really necessary for nearly every radio "presenter" nowadays to
tell us in every programme that they and their guests are socially
distanced?

If I was really required to think about it I would presume they are, but
I see no need to know.

Am I the only one who is getting really annoyed by this habit?
Wrexham, UK
Penny
2020-08-17 14:54:27 UTC
On Mon, 17 Aug 2020 15:06:47 +0100, Jenny M Benson <***@hotmail.co.uk>
Oh. I am not sure she will be well enough for Jolene's socially
distanced line dancing night.
Is it really necessary for nearly every radio "presenter" nowadays to
tell us in every programme that they and their guests are socially
distanced?
If I was really required to think about it I would presume they are, but
I see no need to know.
Am I the only one who is getting really annoyed by this habit?
The term itself is stupid, it's about physical, not social distance, so it
has always annoyed me.
Peter
2020-08-17 15:20:13 UTC
Oh. I am not sure she will be well enough for Jolene's socially
distanced line dancing night.
Is it really necessary for nearly every radio "presenter" nowadays to
tell us in every programme that they and their guests are socially
distanced?
If I was really required to think about it I would presume they are, but
I see no need to know.
Am I the only one who is getting really annoyed by this habit?
The term itself is stupid, it's about physical, not social distance, so it
has always annoyed me.
Me too.

Apparently it goes back to 2003 in the public health sense:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/social%20distancing .

And the UK Government uses it:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do
.
krw
2020-08-18 08:59:47 UTC
Oh. I am not sure she will be well enough for Jolene's socially
distanced line dancing night.
Is it really necessary for nearly every radio "presenter" nowadays to
tell us in every programme that they and their guests are socially
distanced?
If I was really required to think about it I would presume they are, but
I see no need to know.
Am I the only one who is getting really annoyed by this habit?
The term itself is stupid, it's about physical, not social distance, so it
has always annoyed me.
I have had to alter documents to use the correct term. It is wearing
but the government is determined to ruin society and the language.
2020-08-18 16:44:24 UTC
Oh. I am not sure she will be well enough for Jolene's socially
distanced line dancing night.
Is it really necessary for nearly every radio "presenter" nowadays to
tell us in every programme that they and their guests are socially
distanced?
If I was really required to think about it I would presume they are, but
I see no need to know.
Am I the only one who is getting really annoyed by this habit?
I’m just annoyed with life in general, Jenny. (And Woman’s Hour
will,probably lose me altogether as Jane Garvey just puts me in a bad mood
and Jenni Murray isn’t likely to be replaced with an older experienced
broadcaster. I did see her replacement’s name: never heard of her either)

Sincerely Chris
Anne B
2020-08-18 21:12:49 UTC
Oh. I am not sure she will be well enough for Jolene's socially
distanced line dancing night.
Is it really necessary for nearly every radio "presenter" nowadays to
tell us in every programme that they and their guests are socially
distanced?
If I was really required to think about it I would presume they are, but
I see no need to know.
Am I the only one who is getting really annoyed by this habit?
I’m just annoyed with life in general, Jenny. (And Woman’s Hour
will,probably lose me altogether as Jane Garvey just puts me in a bad mood
and Jenni Murray isn’t likely to be replaced with an older experienced
broadcaster. I did see her replacement’s name: never heard of her either)
Sincerely Chris
I gave up on Woman's Hour ages ago. Standard line-up is one item on
women being abused or discriminated against, one item on some obscure
ailment that afflicts only women, and one item featuring some woman who
can't sing but thinks she can. Yawn. I suppose they must occasionally
feature women who have achieved something interesting in science,
academia, business, proper music etc, but I got bored waiting for those
to come up.
Anne B
Chris McMillan

Sincerely Chris
Anne B
2020-08-20 20:53:02 UTC
Post by Anne B
[...]
Yes - mostly minus the good parts.

Anne B

carolet
2020-08-18 16:09:16 UTC
Natasha Archer - Mali Harries
Emma Grundy - Emerald O'Hanrahan
Fallon Rogers - Joanna van Kampen
Lynda Snell - Carole Boyd
Robert Snell - Graham Blockey
Is this a limited cast this week or have i not been paying attention?
It looks like things come to a head with Emma and Fallon.
It would seem that you haven't been paying attention. Since the start of
the monologues the cast list has been between 4 and 6 in length.