spoiler 26/5/21
2021-05-26 20:40:52 UTC
I really do not like half-conversations. Rory says I've got a great
idea and then it cuts to another scene, forget what but they have a
half finished one too.

I hope Adam and Ian can rescue the room Lee messed up ??. I got the
feeling the child's keeness on Spiderman was to please his new
parent.l

I wonder if Jenny will ask Shula to let Rory stay with her or let him
go to LL. Shula had Freddie, didn't she, and he's gone back home
soshe has room for Rory. Brian is still not accepting reality though.
Others have suggested having Alice with him he will enable her
drinking 'just a small one'.
carolet
2021-05-27 08:14:43 UTC
I really do not like half-conversations. Rory says I've got a great
idea and then it cuts to another scene, forget what but they have a
half finished one too.
I hope Adam and Ian can rescue the room Lee messed up ??. I got the
feeling the child's keeness on Spiderman was to please his new
parent.l
Are the dark colour's that he chose supposed to indicate something about
his actual father?
Post by Vicky Ayech
I wonder if Jenny will ask Shula to let Rory stay with her or let him
go to LL. Shula had Freddie, didn't she, and he's gone back home
soshe has room for Rory. Brian is still not accepting reality though.
Others have suggested having Alice with him he will enable her
drinking 'just a small one'.
The great idea was that he moves to Alice's while she moves in with
Jenny and Brian, which you clearly did register. I suppose that device
allows them to skip all of the explanation and immediate objections,
which would have taken much time, and let us skip to a quick recap and
get on with them thing about where Ruairi could move to.

Shula is in this week, so she is a definite candidate to house Ruairi,
but so are Tony and Lilian, both of whom have said that would help if
they could. Lilian clearly has room for him. As Helen and co are just
moving out of Bridge Farm, Tony will also have plenty of room for him. I
think Tony would be a better option than Lilian, but perhaps Shula would
be just as good.
2021-05-27 08:45:02 UTC
Post by Vicky Ayech
I wonder if Jenny will ask Shula to let Rory stay with her or let him
go to LL. Shula had Freddie, didn't she, and he's gone back home
soshe has room for Rory. Brian is still not accepting reality though.
Others have suggested having Alice with him he will enable her
drinking 'just a small one'.
The great idea was that he moves to Alice's while she moves in with
Jenny and Brian, which you clearly did register. I suppose that device
I thino Rory did want to help but the idea of the cottage alone or for
him and a friend, free of parental oversight, better than the caravan,
can't have failed to cross his mind. I expect Jenefer was onto that
and he does need to study.
Post by carolet
allows them to skip all of the explanation and immediate objections,
which would have taken much time, and let us skip to a quick recap and
get on with them thing about where Ruairi could move to.
Shula is in this week, so she is a definite candidate to house Ruairi,
but so are Tony and Lilian, both of whom have said that would help if
they could. Lilian clearly has room for him. As Helen and co are just
moving out of Bridge Farm, Tony will also have plenty of room for him. I
think Tony would be a better option than Lilian, but perhaps Shula would
be just as good.
Lilian might be too nice. Tony will have more recent experience with
young people who need to study. How does Rory get to college? I never
really know which house is near to what.
DavidK
2021-05-29 08:56:45 UTC
The great idea was that he moves to Alice's while she moves in with
Jenny and Brian, which you clearly did register. I suppose that device
allows them to skip all of the explanation and immediate objections,
which would have taken much time, and let us skip to a quick recap and
get on with them thing about where Ruairi could move to.
Shula is in this week, so she is a definite candidate to house Ruairi,
but so are Tony and Lilian, both of whom have said that would help if
they could. Lilian clearly has room for him. As Helen and co are just
moving out of Bridge Farm, Tony will also have plenty of room for him. I
think Tony would be a better option than Lilian, but perhaps Shula would
be just as good.
Pat and Tony's farmhouse must be echoing emptily now that Helen and
family have moved out. I can't remember whether Wassisname, John's son,
is living there or whether he's in the shared house.
Vicky Ayech
2021-05-29 09:56:41 UTC
Post by DavidK
Post by carolet
[...]
The most unlikely place with the least room was chosen. Adam and Ian's
cottage? Has it 3 bedrooms? WIll Rory sleep on the sofa and revise on
the kitchen table while Ian cooks and Zander screams?
Mike McMillan
2021-05-29 10:14:37 UTC
Post by DavidK
Post by carolet
[...]
You have obviously forgotten about the extraordinary powers granted to the
SW’s. There will be a roomy bedroom available at the end of a long corridor
that is well isolated from the clatter of the kitchen and the baby crying.
Meals will of course be available at almost any time day or night; did I
mention the Gigabit broadband with the RJ45 socket next to the large desk
and of course the equally fast wi-fi in the room? Naturally, the room has
its’ own external access and ensuite shower….
2021-05-29 19:33:12 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Vicky Ayech
Post by DavidK
Post by carolet
[...]
Hilbert's Hotel was devised after listening to a few episodes of TA.
Tony Smith
2021-05-29 20:54:17 UTC
On Saturday, 29 May 2021 at 20:33:14 UTC+1, Sam Plusnet wrote:

<snipped>
languid wave.
Penny
2021-05-29 23:16:21 UTC
On Sat, 29 May 2021 10:14:37 GMT, Mike McMillan <***@ntlworld.com>
scrawled in the dust...
Post by Mike McMillan
There will be a roomy bedroom available at the end of a long corridor
I had a recurring dream, as a child, of finding previously undiscovered
parts of the (fairly large) house I grew up in. I think most of it lay down
a passage I found at the back of a cupboard. Crawling through narrow
openings may have been involved. There was all sorts of interesting stuff
to find and the windows were totally different from those in the actual
house.

Later, in my early 20s, I lived briefly in a flat in a weirdly divided
Georgian 'mansion'. The adjacent flat was empty at the time and we explored
it one day. It had two rooms at the front of the house and the rest were at
the back, down a long corridor which went around our flat. Thinking about
it now, our flat was similarly arranged but, being at the side of the house
and including the 'East wing', the corridor was not so long and contained
our kitchen.
Post by Mike McMillan
that is well isolated from the clatter of the kitchen and the baby crying.
Meals will of course be available at almost any time day or night; did I
mention the Gigabit broadband with the RJ45 socket next to the large desk
and of course the equally fast wi-fi in the room? Naturally, the room has
its’ own external access and ensuite shower….
Well none of that was there in Walter Gabriel's day.