OT: tweeting works, BBC listens
2018-11-13 09:43:38 UTC
Hats off to the BBC; after umrat tweeted
<https://twitter.com/umr4t/status/1060114294635937792>

(https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bsr2mg …) "Since it's launch, the
spacecraft has been hurtling through space towards the inner solar
system" That should be "its launch"!! @BBCStargazing #ApostrophePedant

I see that the BBC have corrected their site
<https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bsr2mg>
krw
2018-11-13 09:52:55 UTC
Post by DavidK
Hats off to the BBC; after umrat tweeted
<https://twitter.com/umr4t/status/1060114294635937792>
(https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bsr2mg …) "Since it's launch, the
spacecraft has been hurtling through space towards the inner solar
I see that the BBC have corrected their site
<https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bsr2mg>
If the BBC "listened" it would not cast two age inappropriate muppets as
Ben and Ruaridh. I sense that they probably read it.
2018-11-13 10:52:53 UTC
I sense that they probably read it.
Fair comment. I also find that I write "X says in such-and-such book"
when I should write "writes". There's probably a name for that.

__
pleonasm .. my latest word that I've just learned.
and totally unrelated because I thought it was interesting. "The Joshua
Tree Principle"
<https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/307393/a-word-for-when-you-just-learned-a-new-word-and-suddenly-you-notice-it-everywher>.
My head-teacher said that one can't think about something unless one can
name it. I disagree, many the time I can't name something but when I try
to list all the facts I know about it that pops up the name I'm looking*
for.

*and no, I wasn't looking for it' searching for it perhaps.
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2018-11-13 11:52:20 UTC
Post by DavidK
Hats off to the BBC; after umrat tweeted
<https://twitter.com/umr4t/status/1060114294635937792>
(https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bsr2mg …) "Since it's launch, the
spacecraft has been hurtling through space towards the inner solar
I see that the BBC have corrected their site
<https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bsr2mg>
But only if you tweet or facebook (is there a facebook verb?), it seems.
Emails are ignored (or, rather, worse - generate an irrelevant reply,
and/or one full of platitudes).

Veni, Vidi, VO5 (I came, I saw, I washed my hair) - Mik from S+AS Limited
(***@saslimited.demon.co.uk), 1998