Limericks
2019-12-31 12:17:10 UTC
If you like your limericks a little dirty
Then ‘L A’ to Radio 4 at eleven thirty
Michael Palin tries to treat us
To rhymes, but they seem to defeat us
If they offend you, don’t get shirty.

2019-12-31 13:52:34 UTC
If you like your limericks a little dirty
Then ‘L A’ to Radio 4 at eleven thirty
Michael Palin tries to treat us
To rhymes, but they seem to defeat us
If they offend you, don’t get shirty.

Toodle Pip
I see you have embraced the Ogden Nash approach to scansion.

2019-12-31 14:19:00 UTC
If you like your limericks a little dirty
Then ‘L A’ to Radio 4 at eleven thirty
Michael Palin tries to treat us
To rhymes, but they seem to defeat us
If they offend you, don’t get shirty.

Toodle Pip
I see you have embraced the Ogden Nash approach to scansion.
john
Rubbish limericks ‘R’ us is me!
2019-12-31 14:53:39 UTC
If you like your limericks a little dirty
Then ‘L A’ to Radio 4 at eleven thirty
Michael Palin tries to treat us
To rhymes, but they seem to defeat us
If they offend you, don’t get shirty.

Toodle Pip
I see you have embraced the Ogden Nash approach to scansion.
where syllables are subject to expansion
Apart from that but
There's too little smut
And the overall sense rather byzantian
Sam Plusnet
2019-12-31 18:40:56 UTC
If you like your limericks a little dirty
Then ‘L A’ to Radio 4 at eleven thirty
Michael Palin tries to treat us
To rhymes, but they seem to defeat us
If they offend you, don’t get shirty.

Toodle Pip
I see you have embraced the Ogden Nash approach to scansion.
where syllables are subject to expansion
Apart from that but
There's too little smut
And the overall sense rather byzantian
We are the Byzanteeny
Little girls and boys
Make your requests, we'll not refuse you
We are here just to amuse you
Would you like a song or story?
Will you share our joys?
2019-12-31 18:50:43 UTC
—
Awwww. Memories. Just before Dan Dare, Pilot of the Future on the
radio.
krw
2020-01-01 21:53:20 UTC
Just before Dan Dare, Pilot of the Future on the
radio.
No he was in The Eagle not on the wireless.
2020-01-01 22:13:55 UTC
Just before Dan Dare, Pilot of the Future on the
radio.
No he was in The Eagle not on the wireless.
I am sure I can hear the announcer saying it.
googling
Says it was on Luxembourg but I thought I only listened to music on
that station., What was after the Ovalitinees then? Oh google says
they were on Luxembourg too.
Peter Percival
2020-01-01 22:21:30 UTC
And now on 4Ex, with Ed (son of Tom) Stoppard.
Penny
2019-12-31 16:23:16 UTC
On Tue, 31 Dec 2019 13:52:34 +0000, John Ashby <***@yahoo.com>
If you like your limericks a little dirty
Then ‘L A’ to Radio 4 at eleven thirty
Michael Palin tries to treat us
To rhymes, but they seem to defeat us
If they offend you, don’t get shirty.

Toodle Pip
I see you have embraced the Ogden Nash approach to scansion.
:)
I think I prefer the 8,8,5,5,8 approach myself.

The programme was a repeat but from long enough ago for me to have
forgotten much of it - it was still a bit too silly (in concept) and a bit
too long.
Peter Percival
2019-12-31 18:47:29 UTC
If you like your limericks a little dirty
Many years ago I composed a limerick. It went as follows (and has never
come back):

There was a young lady from Brum
who found it very hard to come.
A clitoris tickler
would make her come quickler,
and it helped if you put your finger up her bum.