OT: On my holidays
2019-06-02 08:29:02 UTC
Greetings from idyllic Sipan !

Arrived here after 2 days of frenetic Dubovnik. Very beautiful but so
crowded and rather expensive. A bit cheaper to eat here but not by much.

We are staying at the guest house Simunovich which is not where it is
shown by Google but is right below the Konoba TriSestre restaurant which
is run by our owner's brother.

<https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@42.7123196,17.9151651,312m/data=!3m1!1e3>

Owner offered to cook us dinner and we dined on our lovely private
terrace overlooking the sea, feasting on a quarter of roast kid cooked
in olive oil in a pan with new potatoes and herbs and a fresh green
salad, washed down with the owner's wine and various liqueurs. All
sourced from his small holding further inland and all absolutely delicious.

We declined breakfast, but he brought round two crepes this morning
filled with lemon marmalade, also delicious. We then staggered along the
clifftop path round to the port for cappuccinos and a bit of shopping
for lunch. Should be warm enough for a swim later and dinner 12 steps up
above us this evening.

Lovely place, highly recommended if you like quiet holidays. There's
even decent wifi, so I was able to watch the rugby yesterday live. What
an epic match, gutted for Exeter, but Sarries worked so hard for it.
Lets hope that spirit is carried forward to the England team in Japan.

Also watched footie - good result but disappointing game...
Serena Blanchflower
2019-06-02 08:45:46 UTC
We are staying at the guest house Simunovich which is not where it is
shown by Google but is right below the Konoba TriSestre restaurant which
is run by our owner's brother.
That doesn't sound good. When were you taken by slavers?
I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like
most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most
important thing in a person. (Audrey Hepburn)
BrritSki
Eh ? <self whoosh>
Jim Easterbrook
Ah, got it... ;)
steveski
2019-06-02 10:29:41 UTC
On Sun, 02 Jun 2019 09:29:02 +0100, BrritSki wrote:

[snip good-sounding hols]
There's even decent wifi, so I was able to watch the rugby yesterday
live. What an epic match, gutted for Exeter, but Sarries worked so hard
for it.
Oh, sod it! I've been trying to avoid that result as I don't have any TV
packages, so I can only catch up on Channel 5 on Mondays. As an ardent
Sarries fan I am happy but . . .
2019-06-02 14:33:39 UTC
[snip good-sounding hols]
There's even decent wifi, so I was able to watch the rugby yesterday
live. What an epic match, gutted for Exeter, but Sarries worked so hard
for it.
Oh, sod it! I've been trying to avoid that result as I don't have any TV
packages, so I can only catch up on Channel 5 on Mondays. As an ardent
Sarries fan I am happy but . . .
Ooops, sorry bro.

It's a hell of a game though, and you'll spend most of it thinking I got
the result wrong :)
steveski
Tony Smith Gloucestershire
2019-06-02 13:55:39 UTC
Greetings from idyllic Sipan !
Arrived here after 2 days of frenetic Dubovnik. Very beautiful but so
crowded and rather expensive. A bit cheaper to eat here but not by much.
I have never been to Croatia, but my parents often stayed in Makarska and based there got to Split, Dubrovnik, Mostar (Herzegovina) and Cetinje (Montenegro).

All places on my wish list, but will they ever reach the top of the list?