Mike and Betty
2021-09-19 08:34:08 UTC
I've been listening for some years but don't remember when or how Mike
and Betty got together or anything about Brenda and Roy until Roy got
in with a wrong crowd and put poo through Usha's letterbox.(not a
euphemism)
Penny
2021-09-19 10:19:09 UTC
On Sun, 19 Sep 2021 09:34:08 +0100, Vicky Ayech <***@gmail.com>
I've been listening for some years but don't remember when or how Mike
and Betty got together or anything about Brenda and Roy until Roy got
in with a wrong crowd and put poo through Usha's letterbox.(not a
euphemism)
Betty and Mike Tucker married in 1972. The Book doesn't say how they met
but Betty grew up on a farm and Mike was a farm worker so... They moved to
Ambridge in 1973 when Mike became dairy manager for Ambridge Farmers Ltd.

Bearing in mind the Book was published in 1994, when Roy was 16, it has
little to say about his early years, apart from the normal teenage
intolerance of his father's weakness and his love of pop music, football
and cricket. Brenda was 13 and decided not to hang around with Kate
Aldridge and her gang because they were too destructive.

I miss Brenda.
2021-09-19 11:06:14 UTC
I've been listening for some years but don't remember when or how Mike
and Betty got together or anything about Brenda and Roy until Roy got
in with a wrong crowd and put poo through Usha's letterbox.(not a
euphemism)
Betty and Mike Tucker married in 1972. The Book doesn't say how they met
but Betty grew up on a farm and Mike was a farm worker so... They moved to
Ambridge in 1973 when Mike became dairy manager for Ambridge Farmers Ltd.
Bearing in mind the Book was published in 1994, when Roy was 16, it has
little to say about his early years, apart from the normal teenage
intolerance of his father's weakness and his love of pop music, football
and cricket. Brenda was 13 and decided not to hang around with Kate
Aldridge and her gang because they were too destructive.
I miss Brenda.
Yes, I liked her. She chose badly with Umbrella, the lad who was with
Lilian first, and thenwent off working with Matt in anotehr of those
very unlikely story lines on 4E. We never heardfromher again, did we?

Betty was friends with Clarrie, wasn't she? A better frind then Susan?
And then there was the incident with Brian. I remember it being
referred to but don't recall hearing it.
carolet
2021-09-19 19:19:36 UTC
[...]
Brenda was appearing regularly until September 2013. After that there
was one appearance in March 2014 and another, her last, in June 2015.

I had an idea that she had returned once after her departure to say
goodbye/ let us know what had become of her. I suppose that was the 2015
appearance, but I don't remember any details.
2021-09-19 13:26:18 UTC
I've been listening for some years but don't remember when or how Mike
and Betty got together or anything about Brenda and Roy until Roy got
in with a wrong crowd and put poo through Usha's letterbox.(not a
euphemism)
Betty and Mike Tucker married in 1972. The Book doesn't say how they met
but Betty grew up on a farm and Mike was a farm worker so... They moved to
Ambridge in 1973 when Mike became dairy manager for Ambridge Farmers Ltd.
Bearing in mind the Book was published in 1994, when Roy was 16, it has
little to say about his early years, apart from the normal teenage
intolerance of his father's weakness and his love of pop music, football
and cricket. Brenda was 13 and decided not to hang around with Kate
Aldridge and her gang because they were too destructive.
I miss Brenda.
Perhaps she'll step out of the shower.

2021-09-19 21:00:51 UTC
On Sun, 19 Sep 2021 14:26:18 +0100, Nick Odell
[...]
Doh! I misread that name. My remark might have made (ever so slightly)
more sense if we had still been talking about Betty.

2021-09-19 21:35:23 UTC
On Sun, 19 Sep 2021 22:00:51 +0100, Nick Odell
Post by Nick Odell
On Sun, 19 Sep 2021 14:26:18 +0100, Nick Odell
I miss Brenda.
Perhaps she'll step out of the shower.
Doh! I misread that name. My remark might have made (ever so slightly)
more sense if we had still been talking about Betty.
I had the same problem earlier but realised before committing it to pixels.
Unlike Mr Toodles, perhaps, although Mike (Tucker) may well be missing
Brenda, he can at least phone/facetime/zoom her.
2021-09-20 07:28:50 UTC
Post by Nick Odell
On Sun, 19 Sep 2021 14:26:18 +0100, Nick Odell
I miss Brenda.
Perhaps she'll step out of the shower.
Doh! I misread that name. My remark might have made (ever so slightly)
more sense if we had still been talking about Betty.
I had the same problem earlier but realised before committing it to pixels.
Unlike Mr Toodles, perhaps, although Mike (Tucker) may well be missing
Brenda, he can at least phone/facetime/zoom her.
Mike never mentions having said anything to Brenda, never phones, never
writes, never facetimes…. But then, it’s a long time since Mike said
anything himself… ah! I know, it’s a Brummy mime act innit?
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan
Mike Headon
2021-09-20 14:23:44 UTC
Post by Nick Odell
On Sun, 19 Sep 2021 14:26:18 +0100, Nick Odell
I miss Brenda.
Perhaps she'll step out of the shower.
Doh! I misread that name. My remark might have made (ever so slightly)
more sense if we had still been talking about Betty.
I had the same problem earlier but realised before committing it to pixels.
Unlike Mr Toodles, perhaps, although Mike (Tucker) may well be missing
Brenda, he can at least phone/facetime/zoom her.
Mike never mentions having said anything to Brenda, never phones, never
writes, never facetimes…. But then, it’s a long time since Mike said
anything himself… ah! I know, it’s a Brummy mime act innit?
Brian wanted Betty to go skinny-dipping with him.
--
Mike Headon
R69S R850R
2021-09-19 13:55:49 UTC
I've been listening for some years but don't remember when or how Mike
and Betty got together or anything about Brenda and Roy until Roy got
in with a wrong crowd and put poo through Usha's letterbox.(not a
euphemism)
Betty and Mike Tucker married in 1972. The Book doesn't say how they met
but Betty grew up on a farm and Mike was a farm worker so... They moved to
Ambridge in 1973 when Mike became dairy manager for Ambridge Farmers Ltd.
Bearing in mind the Book was published in 1994, when Roy was 16, it has
little to say about his early years, apart from the normal teenage
intolerance of his father's weakness and his love of pop music, football
and cricket. Brenda was 13 and decided not to hang around with Kate
Aldridge and her gang because they were too destructive.
I miss Brenda.
So does Mike.
--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan