OT: Cricket
2020-07-20 11:58:13 UTC
Can we do it ?
Mike
2020-07-20 12:15:37 UTC
Can we do it ?
You have stumped me there...
2020-07-20 12:23:58 UTC
Can we do it ?
I'm not daring to predict the (hoped for) result in case it jinxes it :-)
Steve Hague
2020-07-20 12:59:58 UTC
Can we do it ?
I'm not daring to predict the (hoped for) result in case it jinxes it :-)
Using that logic, I predict a thumping win for the Windies.
Steve
Peter
Did you hear the Great Lives on Learie Constantine?
Steve Hague
2020-07-20 13:15:27 UTC
Post by Peter
Post by Steve Hague
Can we do it ?
I'm not daring to predict the (hoped for) result in case it jinxes it :-)
Using that logic, I predict a thumping win for the Windies.
Steve
Did you hear the Great Lives on Learie Constantine?
No, I didn't know it was on. Thanks for the info, I'll look it up.
Steve
Peter
2020-07-20 14:43:07 UTC
Post by Steve Hague
Post by Peter
Post by Steve Hague
Can we do it ?
I'm not daring to predict the (hoped for) result in case it jinxes it :-)
Using that logic, I predict a thumping win for the Windies.
Steve
Did you hear the Great Lives on Learie Constantine?
No, I didn't know it was on. Thanks for the info, I'll look it up.
'twas a four extra repeat.
2020-07-20 15:13:06 UTC
Can we do it ?
I'm not daring to predict the (hoped for) result in case it jinxes it :-)
Tea interval. WI 137 for 5.

I'm saying nothing.
2020-07-20 15:25:12 UTC
Can we do it ?
I'm not daring to predict the (hoped for) result in case it jinxes it :-)
Tea interval.  WI 137 for 5.
I'm saying nothing.
Me neever. Trying to stream it on a dodgy wifi connection in Liguria....
Steve Hague
2020-07-20 15:32:11 UTC
Can we do it ?
I'm not daring to predict the (hoped for) result in case it jinxes it :-)
Tea interval.  WI 137 for 5.
I'm saying nothing.
You're saying nothing very loudly Sid.
C'mon Noddy, let's pretend it's Christmas.
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2020-07-20 16:58:22 UTC
Post by Steve Hague
Can we do it ?
I'm not daring to predict the (hoped for) result in case it jinxes
it
:-)
Tea interval.  WI 137 for 5.
(Not being a follower of the game - though, like Radio 3, I'm glad it's
there - I don't know if that's a good or bad score.)
Post by BrritSki
Post by Steve Hague
I'm saying nothing.
You're saying nothing very loudly Sid.
You remind me of (under other circumstances) one of my mother's lines;

"I can hear you not saying anything."
Post by BrritSki
C'mon Noddy, let's pretend it's Christmas.
Er - whoosh. (I know Noddy Holder was a member of Slade who had one of
the everlasting Christmas hits, but can't make the connection here ...)

Heaven forbid today's audience should feel bombarded with information or
worse, lectured. Dont'scare the horses by waving facts around.
- David Butcher, RT 2014/11/29-12/5
BrritSki
2020-07-20 17:18:02 UTC
Post by BrritSki
C'mon Noddy, let's pretend it's Christmas.
Er - whoosh. (I know Noddy Holder was a member of Slade who had one of
the everlasting Christmas hits, but can't make the connection here ...)
Holder (Jason) is the Windies captain.

Oh and. WOO HOO !!!!!
Sid Nuncius
2020-07-20 17:35:36 UTC
Oh and. WOO HOO  !!!!!
Indeed! <beam>
2020-07-20 17:42:57 UTC
C'mon Noddy, let's pretend it's Christmas.
Er - whoosh. (I know Noddy Holder was a member of Slade who had one of
the everlasting Christmas hits, but can't make the connection here ...)
Holder (Jason) is the Windies captain.
Ah, thanks. (There isn't a member of either team called something like
Willing, is there? Reference to one of the famous commentary lines.)
Post by BrritSki
Oh and. WOO HOO !!!!!
I take it that means a result to your satisfaction has occurred; great!

Vicky Ayech
2020-07-21 08:10:56 UTC
On Mon, 20 Jul 2020 17:58:22 +0100, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
C'mon Noddy, let's pretend it's Christmas.
Er - whoosh. (I know Noddy Holder was a member of Slade who had one of
the everlasting Christmas hits, but can't make the connection here ...)
Ah I just wondered why BigEars was wanting it to be Christmas. I don't
recall any mention of Christmas in the Noddy books.
BrritSki
2020-07-21 11:14:06 UTC
On Mon, 20 Jul 2020 17:58:22 +0100, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
C'mon Noddy, let's pretend it's Christmas.
Er - whoosh. (I know Noddy Holder was a member of Slade who had one of
the everlasting Christmas hits, but can't make the connection here ...)
Ah I just wondered why BigEars was wanting it to be Christmas...
Although you have cut the attribution that shows it was me wot wrote the
C'mon Noddy line, I'd like to make it clear that I do not have big EARS.

Anagrams of that last word might make your statement true however and
other parts of my anatom +++ NO CARRIER +++
Steve Hague
2020-07-20 19:13:14 UTC
Post by Steve Hague
Can we do it ?
I'm not daring to predict the (hoped for) result in case it jinxes it :-)
Tea interval.  WI 137 for 5.
I'm saying nothing.
You're saying nothing very loudly Sid.
Steve
It seems our tactics worked. Woo flipping hoo.
Steve
Peter
2020-07-20 15:40:44 UTC
Can we do it ?
I'm not daring to predict the (hoped for) result in case it jinxes it :-)
Tea interval.
With home-made jam, I suppose.
Post by Sid Nuncius
WI 137 for 5.
Is that good bad or indifferent?
I'm saying nothing.
Peter
2020-07-20 15:53:01 UTC
Post by Sid Nuncius
WI 137 for 5.
Is that good bad or indifferent?
good, bad

I might add that my knowledge of women's cricket extends no further than
this - I've heard of Rachael Heyhoe-Flint. So just a scintilla.
Post by Peter
I'm saying nothing.
BrritSki
2020-07-20 16:50:32 UTC
Can we do it ?
I'm not daring to predict the (hoped for) result in case it jinxes it :-)
Tea interval.  WI 137 for 5.
I'm saying nothing.
There's a breathless hush at the Statham End
2 to get and the match to win.
There's a breathless hush all over the ground
'Cos they didn't let any spectators in !
J. P. Gilliver (John)

Tony Smith Gloucestershire
2020-07-20 17:18:44 UTC
Can we do it ?
Fill up the glasses with treacle and ink. Or anything else that is pleasant to drink
Mike
2020-07-21 07:38:17 UTC
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
Post by BrritSki
Can we do it ?
Fill up the glasses with treacle and ink. Or anything else that is pleasant to drink
That must cost squids a bottle!
2020-07-21 23:04:37 UTC
Post by BrritSki
Can we do it ?
Fill up the glasses with treacle and ink. Or anything else that is pleasant to drink
That must cost squids a bottle!
If HP inkjet ink, certainly so: I once worked out it cost more per cc
than Chanel number 5.

I hope you dream a pig.
steveski