Serviettes???
2021-08-26 18:07:27 UTC
Serviettes - Serviettes???? Shirley they would be ‘Napkins’?!
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan
Sam Plusnet
2021-08-26 19:12:49 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Serviettes - Serviettes???? Shirley they would be ‘Napkins’?!
Who are U?
Double Damask Dinner Napkins Shirely?
(A double dozen - obv.)
2021-08-27 07:23:24 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Serviettes - Serviettes???? Shirley they would be ‘Napkins’?!
Who are U?
Double Damask Dinner Napkins Shirely?
(A double dozen - obv.)
Good lord! It must be getting on for 60 years since I heard that. I'd
completely forgotten about it but the memory came back as clear as day
when I read your post[1]. Must look it out on YouTube.

[1]Now, if only I could remember where I put my keys...
--
Sid
2021-08-27 07:57:28 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Serviettes - Serviettes???? Shirley they would be ‘Napkins’?!
Who are U?
Double Damask Dinner Napkins Shirely?
(A double dozen - obv.)
ITYM Danner Nipkins!
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan
Mike Ruddock
2021-08-27 10:41:24 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Serviettes - Serviettes???? Shirley they would be ‘Napkins’?!
Who are U?
Double Damask Dinner Napkins Shirely?
(A double dozen - obv.)
I wonder how many umrats recognise that?

Mike Ruddock
Hellerat
2021-08-27 11:53:55 UTC
Post by Mike Ruddock
Post by Sam Plusnet
Post by Mike McMillan
Serviettes - Serviettes???? Shirley they would be ‘Napkins’?!
Who are U?
Double Damask Dinner Napkins Shirely?
(A double dozen - obv.)
I wonder how many umrats recognise that?
I don't, and having quoogled, realise it dates from quite a bit before my birth!
--
Yassas,
Anne, Exceptionally Traditionally-built Hellerat
Sid Nuncius
2021-08-27 18:20:34 UTC
Post by Mike Ruddock
Post by Sam Plusnet
Double Damask Dinner Napkins Shirely?
(A double dozen - obv.)
I wonder how many umrats recognise that?
I think some friends had it on a 78rpm record when I was very young. I
seem to remember that I was expected to find it hilarious like everyone
else but didn't really get it.
--
Sid

2021-08-28 07:22:37 UTC
Post by Mike Ruddock
Post by Sam Plusnet
Double Damask Dinner Napkins Shirely?
(A double dozen - obv.)
I wonder how many umrats recognise that?
I think some friends had it on a 78rpm record when I was very young.
I seem to remember that I was expected to find it hilarious like
everyone else but didn't really get it.
http://youtu.be/0P8XSUGSR-c
Yes. Neither it nor I seem to have aged all that well.
--
Sid
2021-08-28 07:40:59 UTC
Post by Mike Ruddock
Post by Sam Plusnet
Double Damask Dinner Napkins Shirely?
(A double dozen - obv.)
I wonder how many umrats recognise that?
I think some friends had it on a 78rpm record when I was very young.
I seem to remember that I was expected to find it hilarious like
everyone else but didn't really get it.
http://youtu.be/0P8XSUGSR-c
Yes. Neither it nor I seem to have aged all that well.
We may not wear as well as some Sid, but I hope we might mature!
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan
Penny
2021-08-28 08:36:38 UTC
On Fri, 27 Aug 2021 11:41:24 +0100, Mike Ruddock
Post by Mike Ruddock
Post by Sam Plusnet
Post by Mike McMillan
Serviettes - Serviettes???? Shirley they would be ‘Napkins’?!
Who are U?
Double Damask Dinner Napkins Shirely?
(A double dozen - obv.)
I wonder how many umrats recognise that?
<Raises hand>
My mother used to quote it, but I've seen it on TV since then, a clip is on
youtube too.
Joe Kerr
2021-08-26 22:27:47 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Serviettes - Serviettes???? Shirley they would be ‘Napkins’?!
Only if it was a very short nap. Less than 15 winks I would have thought.
Ric
Mike McMillan
2021-08-27 07:56:44 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Serviettes - Serviettes???? Shirley they would be ‘Napkins’?!
Who are U?
john
I’m non telling U.
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan
Tony Smith
2021-08-28 08:54:48 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Serviettes - Serviettes???? Shirley they would be ‘Napkins’?!
--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan
When our then church first started having female servers in the 60s my father referred to them as serviettes.