spoiler 9.3.20
2020-03-10 11:56:39 UTC
I am not sure it worked for me as it was on the radio and I found the
length of misery upsetting. The listen again page has details we could
not get from listening. Freddy was knocked out and came to. Lynda was
unresponsive but no other detail so not sure if dead. But paramedics
were working on her so presume not. And the other person Freddie sees
there unconscious is Blake, not Gavin. So there will be trouble for
Gavin from his dad. Freddie dragged Lynda out of the kitchen via the
fire exit. He rescued her. He told the emergency folk Blake was still
in there.

Much of this was not clear from the broadcast, OAIAM?

Also I do not want big shocks from TA. I wish they would give it a
rest and stick to the not enough covered farming issues.

I was very sure killing Lynda would be unthinkable and I could not
allow it but have calmed down now. How old is she? 60ish? I would be
very much more upset if Freddie died or was hurt and the spoiler about
Elizabeth indicates she is going to be very upset at his narrow
excape. He still has his life ahead of him and is just settling
down. I hope his rescue brings a better attitude towards him. He has
really been trying hard to reform. He was nice to Josh too.
Nick Leverton
2020-03-10 12:16:31 UTC
Much of this was not clear from the broadcast, OAIAM?
Also I do not want big shocks from TA. I wish they would give it a
rest and stick to the not enough covered farming issues.
I was very sure killing Lynda would be unthinkable and I could not
allow it but have calmed down now. How old is she? 60ish?
Lynda will be 73 next birthday.

SODAM
2020-03-12 14:04:53 UTC
Post by Nick Leverton
Post by Vicky Ayech
Much of this was not clear from the broadcast, OAIAM?
Also I do not want big shocks from TA. I wish they would give it a
rest and stick to the not enough covered farming issues.
I was very sure killing Lynda would be unthinkable and I could not
allow it but have calmed down now. How old is she? 60ish?
Lynda will be 73 next birthday.
But her best friend is 76. I can’t think she would want to retire but if
she does, this is a wonderfully dramatic way of writing her out.
--
SODAM
The thinking umrat’s choice for editor
Rosalind Mitchell
2020-03-12 14:29:08 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by Nick Leverton
Post by Vicky Ayech
Much of this was not clear from the broadcast, OAIAM?
Also I do not want big shocks from TA. I wish they would give it a
rest and stick to the not enough covered farming issues.
I was very sure killing Lynda would be unthinkable and I could not
allow it but have calmed down now. How old is she? 60ish?
Lynda will be 73 next birthday.
But her best friend is 76. I can’t think she would want to retire but if
she does, this is a wonderfully dramatic way of writing her out.
Covid-19 while her immune system is compromised?

2020-03-12 14:48:57 UTC
Post by Rosalind Mitchell
Post by SODAM
Post by Nick Leverton
Post by Vicky Ayech
Much of this was not clear from the broadcast, OAIAM?
Also I do not want big shocks from TA. I wish they would give it a
rest and stick to the not enough covered farming issues.
I was very sure killing Lynda would be unthinkable and I could not
allow it but have calmed down now. How old is she? 60ish?
Lynda will be 73 next birthday.
But her best friend is 76. I can’t think she would want to retire but if
she does, this is a wonderfully dramatic way of writing her out.
Covid-19 while her immune system is compromised?
Ambridge is a Covid-19 free zone, living in a hermetically sealed bubble
means reality is held at bay.
2020-03-12 20:56:39 UTC
Post by Rosalind Mitchell
Post by SODAM
Post by Nick Leverton
Post by Vicky Ayech
Much of this was not clear from the broadcast, OAIAM?
Also I do not want big shocks from TA. I wish they would give it a
rest and stick to the not enough covered farming issues.
I was very sure killing Lynda would be unthinkable and I could not
allow it but have calmed down now. How old is she? 60ish?
Lynda will be 73 next birthday.
But her best friend is 76. I can’t think she would want to retire but if
she does, this is a wonderfully dramatic way of writing her out.
Covid-19 while her immune system is compromised?
Ambridge is a Covid-19 free zone, living in a hermetically sealed bubble
means reality is held at bay.
Ambridge self-isolated decades before anyone else thought of it.
2020-03-12 17:27:35 UTC
On Thu, 12 Mar 2020 at 14:04:53, SODAM <***@talktalk.net> wrote:
[]
Post by SODAM
But her best friend is 76. I can’t think she would want to retire but if
she does, this is a wonderfully dramatic way of writing her out.
(Is she really? She looks very well on it.)

If she does, would we prefer that Lynda die, or is replaced? I asked
this on Twitter, and Serena replied that if Carole wants out, she
_wouldn't_ want another Lynda - but hopes that neither is the case. And
I agree on both/all counts.

'It works for me' is not the same as it isn't broke - Kenn Villegas, 2010-2-19
in
https://rwmj.wordpress.com/2010/02/18/why-the-windows-registry-sucks-technically/
Chris McMillan
2020-03-13 15:52:59 UTC
Post by SODAM
But her best friend is 76. I can’t think she would want to retire but if
she does, this is a wonderfully dramatic way of writing her out.
(Is she really? She looks very well on it.)
If she does, would we prefer that Lynda die, or is replaced? I asked
this on Twitter, and Serena replied that if Carole wants out, she
_wouldn't_ want another Lynda - but hopes that neither is the case. And
I agree on both/all counts.
Lynda was cast as a very specific type of character and presumably Carole
was able to portray this as a new character and it has grown with her and
as with people like Nelson, Tom Forrest, even the old Tiger Crawford, they
can’t be reasonably be acted by AN Other as they also have distinctive
voices.

2020-03-13 16:10:03 UTC
Post by SODAM
But her best friend is 76. I can’t think she would want to retire but if
she does, this is a wonderfully dramatic way of writing her out.
(Is she really? She looks very well on it.)
If she does, would we prefer that Lynda die, or is replaced? I asked
this on Twitter, and Serena replied that if Carole wants out, she
_wouldn't_ want another Lynda - but hopes that neither is the case. And
I agree on both/all counts.
Lynda was cast as a very specific type of character and presumably Carole
was able to portray this as a new character and it has grown with her and
as with people like Nelson, Tom Forrest, even the old Tiger Crawford, they
can’t be reasonably be acted by AN Other as they also have distinctive
voices.
Sincerely Chris
But, but, but... however will Robert get to sleep at night without
Lyndipops reading Postman Pat stories to him???
2020-03-13 22:25:01 UTC
Post by SODAM
[...]
Obviosuly she will die - first she had pair bonding with Robert and then
a day out with Mungo.
2020-03-10 12:17:36 UTC
I am not sure it worked for me as it was on the radio and I found the
length of misery upsetting. The listen again page has details we could
not get from listening. Freddy was knocked out and came to. Lynda was
unresponsive but no other detail so not sure if dead. But paramedics
were working on her so presume not. And the other person Freddie sees
there unconscious is Blake, not Gavin. So there will be trouble for
Gavin from his dad. Freddie dragged Lynda out of the kitchen via the
fire exit. He rescued her. He told the emergency folk Blake was still
in there.
Much of this was not clear from the broadcast, OAIAM?
I listened to both episodes live for a change, but I've now looked at the
synopsis on my podcast app, and that also mentions Blake. I do listen quite
carefully and I don't remember that name being mentioned. Facebook is alive
with the assumption that was Gavin so I'm not alone. Perhaps I'll listen
again even more carefully. All the rest of the synopsis was brought out in
the broadcast, as far as I was concerned.

You're not wrong about Gavin being in trouble! But not dead.
2020-03-10 13:06:52 UTC
[...]
Freddie talked about that builder guy just before he rescued Lynda.

When she was dragged out they said there was no pulse, but also
extensive burns and people in shock like that aren't the best people to
find a faint pulse.

I think she'll live but be disabled. I also think that Gavin will be
dead (no great loss imo) and that Phillup will blame himself and wedding
will be off.

He will also have not renewed his liability insurance due to cashflow probs.

OP to all of above.
Vicky Ayech
2020-03-10 13:57:34 UTC
On Tue, 10 Mar 2020 13:06:52 +0000, BrritSki
[...]
there unconscious is Blake, not Gavin. according to the synopsis on
LA
OP to all of above.
Clive Arthur
2020-03-11 09:18:23 UTC
On 10/03/2020 13:06, BrritSki wrote:

<snipped>
Post by BrritSki
Freddie talked about that builder guy just before he rescued Lynda.
I *thought* he said "that builder bloke", which may have been
mis-transcribed as Blake.

Or were there three, Guy, Gavin and Blake?

Either way, HSE will be keeping Philip busy.
--
Cheers
Clive
BrritSki
2020-03-11 10:04:39 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
<snipped>
Post by BrritSki
Freddie talked about that builder guy just before he rescued Lynda.
I *thought* he said "that builder bloke", which may have been
mis-transcribed as Blake.
Yes, you could be right...
Post by Clive Arthur
Or were there three, Guy, Gavin and Blake?
Guy Burgess, Gavin Phillby and George Blake.

Ooooer, tunnelling under Gay Grables....
Mike
2020-03-11 11:13:31 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
<snipped>
Post by Clive Arthur
Or were there three, Guy, Gavin and Blake?
Guy Burgess, Gavin Phillby and George Blake.
Ooooer, tunnelling under Gay Grables....
Drain was blocked with mint spies left over from Christmas celebrations?
2020-03-13 22:25:56 UTC
He will also have not renewed his liability insurance due to cashflow probs.
He has work coming out of his ears. So no cash flow problem these days
- that was history.
2020-03-14 04:44:39 UTC
He will also have not renewed his liability insurance due to cashflow probs.
He has work coming out of his ears.  So no cash flow problem these days
- that was history.
Not necessarily true - cash flow problems can often come from too rapid
growth in a business. Materials have to be bought and staff paid, but
clients may be slow to pay at the end of a job.

2020-03-15 22:15:33 UTC
He will also have not renewed his liability insurance due to cashflow probs.
He has work coming out of his ears.  So no cash flow problem these
days - that was history.
Not necessarily true - cash flow problems can often come from too rapid
growth in a business. Materials have to be bought and staff paid, but
clients may be slow to pay at the end of a job.
john
Builders like funding up front these days even for small jobs.
2020-03-14 08:03:29 UTC
He will also have not renewed his liability insurance due to cashflow probs.
He has work coming out of his ears. So no cash flow problem these days
- that was history.
Unless of course Phillip was foolish enough to delegate the insurance
renewal work to Gavin....
2020-03-14 09:40:07 UTC
He will also have not renewed his liability insurance due to cashflow probs.
He has work coming out of his ears.  So no cash flow problem these days
- that was history.
Are you sure ? Why did he not hore (TWATBILI) Ed or anyone else when
they are so busy ?
Mike
2020-03-14 10:31:15 UTC
He will also have not renewed his liability insurance due to cashflow probs.
He has work coming out of his ears.  So no cash flow problem these days
- that was history.
Are you sure ? Why did he not hore (TWATBILI) Ed or anyone else when
they are so busy ?
Ed carries a stigma where ‘a clean reputable company’ is concerned, well
that is the impression I got from that scene.
SODAM
2020-03-14 10:39:14 UTC
Ed carries a stigma where ‘a clean reputable company’ is concerned, well
that is the impression I got from that scene.
Didn’t Philip tell Kirsty that it could be awkward if he hired ( or hored )
Ed because of Gavin’s friendship with Emma?
Chris McMillan
2020-03-14 13:49:47 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by Mike
Ed carries a stigma where ‘a clean reputable company’ is concerned, well
that is the impression I got from that scene.
Didn’t Philip tell Kirsty that it could be awkward if he hired ( or hored )
Ed because of Gavin’s friendship with Emma?
Yes indeed he did.

That won’t go well when it gets round!

2020-03-14 13:54:04 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by Mike
Ed carries a stigma where ‘a clean reputable company’ is concerned, well
that is the impression I got from that scene.
Didn’t Philip tell Kirsty that it could be awkward if he hired ( or hored )
Ed because of Gavin’s friendship with Emma?
Yes indeed he did.
That won’t go well when it gets round!
Sincerely Chris
Filial Discrimination???
2020-03-14 13:56:35 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by Mike
Ed carries a stigma where ‘a clean reputable company’ is concerned, well
that is the impression I got from that scene.
Didn’t Philip tell Kirsty that it could be awkward if he hired ( or hored )
Ed because of Gavin’s friendship with Emma?
Yes indeed he did.
That won’t go well when it gets round!
Sincerely Chris
Filial Discrimination???
Or perhaps I should say Familial Discrimination?
2020-03-11 08:51:44 UTC
[...]
Like you, I didn't hear Blake's name mentioned until yesterday but we
did hear Lynda saying, rather sniffily, that "Philip's son was
overseeing the work", in tones which suggested not only that he wasn't
doing much, if any, of the work itself but that she wasn't too impressed
by how close an eye he was keeping on it.
Post by Sally Thompson
You're not wrong about Gavin being in trouble! But not dead.
And probably comfortably settled, back at the house, either sleeping off
his hangover or playing computer games.
Exercise is bunk. If you are healthy you don't need it. If you are
sick, you shouldn't take it. (Henry Ford)
Mike
2020-03-11 09:03:06 UTC
Post by Sally Thompson
You're not wrong about Gavin being in trouble! But not dead.
And probably comfortably settled, back at the house, either sleeping off
his hangover or playing computer games.
... very noisily probably...
2020-03-11 10:23:39 UTC
Post by Sally Thompson
You're not wrong about Gavin being in trouble! But not dead.
And probably comfortably settled, back at the house, either sleeping off
his hangover or playing computer games.
Well, Kirsty and Philip rushed back fromtheir holiday early so Gavin
might not be playing computer games. If Iwere Philip I'd take the
laptop away from himf or a week. If he behaves like a teenager maybe
treat him like one?
... very noisily probably...
Serena Blanchflower
2020-03-11 11:35:46 UTC
Post by Sally Thompson
You're not wrong about Gavin being in trouble! But not dead.
And probably comfortably settled, back at the house, either sleeping off
his hangover or playing computer games.
Well, Kirsty and Philip rushed back fromtheir holiday early so Gavin
might not be playing computer games. If Iwere Philip I'd take the
laptop away from himf or a week. If he behaves like a teenager maybe
treat him like one?
I'm pretty sure that we'd have heard, yesterday, if Gavin had been
injured, or even if he'd been rescued, unhurt, from the ruins. Shula
mentioned Blake, when she was talking to Freddie and said that Philip
and Kirsty had rushed home when they heard about the explosion. It was
noticeable that there was no mention of Gavin though.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in
your garage makes you a car.
Rosalind Mitchell
2020-03-10 12:36:52 UTC
I was very sure killing Lynda would be unthinkable and I could not allow
it but have calmed down now. How old is she? 60ish?
Born 29 May 1947, so 72. Robert born 5 April 1943 so 76,

She's been around Ambridge since the mid 80s. She and Robert bought
Ambridge Hall after Aunt Laura died and in many ways was a drop in
replacement. Also intended by the producer at the time (whose name
escapes me for the moment) as representing the well-heeled incomer, the
sort who is full of romantic ideas about rural life but outraged that the
village shop doesn't stock stuffed olives. They moved from Virginia
Water, so Robert's business was already, one assumes, thriving, and it
was already Robert's second marriage.
I would be very
much more upset if Freddie died or was hurt and the spoiler about
Elizabeth indicates she is going to be very upset at his narrow excape.
Freddie to be redeemed as the hero of the hour.
He still has his life ahead of him and is just settling down. I hope
his rescue brings a better attitude towards him. He has really been
trying hard to reform. He was nice to Josh too.
Freddie is a PITA in many ways but he has some growing up to do and I
rather like him.

<LW> to both of those.
Vicky Ayech
2020-03-10 13:54:40 UTC
On Tue, 10 Mar 2020 12:36:52 -0000 (UTC), Rosalind Mitchell
Post by Rosalind Mitchell
I was very sure killing Lynda would be unthinkable and I could not allow
it but have calmed down now. How old is she? 60ish?
Born 29 May 1947, so 72. Robert born 5 April 1943 so 76,
She's been around Ambridge since the mid 80s. She and Robert bought
Ambridge Hall after Aunt Laura died and in many ways was a drop in
replacement. Also intended by the producer at the time (whose name
escapes me for the moment) as representing the well-heeled incomer, the
sort who is full of romantic ideas about rural life but outraged that the
village shop doesn't stock stuffed olives. They moved from Virginia
Water, so Robert's business was already, one assumes, thriving, and it
was already Robert's second marriage.
I had no idea she was as old as that. Surely still doing full shifts
at GG is too much work for a woman her age? She is only a couple of
years younger than I am and although I worked till 62 I have been
retired for mumble years.

Ok I did work for a year or so when we were in Spain, but only a
couple of hours aday, with toddlers,teaching English. And that was
jolly hard work. I'd not have carried on much longer. I suppose
reception is less physical than changing nappies etc and playing with
six 0-3 year olds at a time.
2020-03-13 22:23:33 UTC
Much of this was not clear from the broadcast, OAIAM?
I have just listened and gathered all of your description from what I heard.

Given that Fearless Freddie has worked there for months he would have
used the fire excape a number of times in practice drills.

That and much else (even Lynda would know a building site was out of
bounds) just did not ring true.
2020-03-14 09:42:45 UTC
Much of this was not clear from the broadcast, OAIAM?
I have just listened and gathered all of your description from what I heard.
Given that Fearless Freddie has worked there for months he would have
used the fire excape a number of times in practice drills.
It could have been as little as once in the time he's been there. And a
drill is very different from being actually bow up in a real situation
with smoke and potentially two dead bodies.

In fact I'd like to OP that Freddie has PTSD.
BrritSki
blown up, not bow up. Sheesh...
John Ashby
2020-03-14 10:49:17 UTC
Much of this was not clear from the broadcast, OAIAM?
I have just listened and gathered all of your description from what I heard.
Given that Fearless Freddie has worked there for months he would have
used the fire excape a number of times in practice drills.
It could have been as little as once in the time he's been there. And
a drill is very different from being actually bow up in a real
situation with smoke and potentially two dead bodies.
In fact I'd like to OP that Freddie has PTSD.
blown up, not bow up.   Sheesh...
A titanic mistake.

My speeling eerors are just the tip of the iceberg.
Mike
2020-03-14 11:50:05 UTC
Much of this was not clear from the broadcast, OAIAM?
I have just listened and gathered all of your description from what I heard.
Given that Fearless Freddie has worked there for months he would
have used the fire excape a number of times in practice drills.
It could have been as little as once in the time he's been there. And
a drill is very different from being actually bow up in a real
situation with smoke and potentially two dead bodies.
In fact I'd like to OP that Freddie has PTSD.
blown up, not bow up.   Sheesh...
A titanic mistake.
My speeling eerors are just the tip of the iceberg.
You must say 100 helm airys as penance.