Sunday and Friday
2020-10-11 14:07:44 UTC
I gather the BBC tweets have revealed that we cannot revert to 6
episodes a week until the New Year.

I fail to understand it. ITV have two televisual soaps producing 6
episodes a week. Full production levels.

Radio has to be simpler and involve less people and less distancing than
a tv programme - the BBC are simply not interested.
2020-10-11 14:54:35 UTC
I gather the BBC tweets have revealed that we cannot revert to 6
episodes a week until the New Year.
I fail to understand it. ITV have two televisual soaps producing 6
episodes a week. Full production levels.
Radio has to be simpler and involve less people and less distancing than
a tv programme - the BBC are simply not interested.
Yes, from the point of view of what they say and what they do and why
I agree. But to be honest, and I am sad about it, I quite like 3 'days
off' now! What an indictment of how the programme has been for me
over the months since April. It has been a chore. I need to listen in
case I miss one of the rare additons to the story lines. I know it is
improving again now but the feelings have not improved about it yet.
Maybe as we get into the old ways, if we ever do, they will.
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2020-10-11 15:20:02 UTC
I gather the BBC tweets have revealed that we cannot revert to 6
episodes a week until the New Year.
I fail to understand it. ITV have two televisual soaps producing 6
episodes a week. Full production levels.
Radio has to be simpler and involve less people and less distancing than
a tv programme - the BBC are simply not interested.
Yes, from the point of view of what they say and what they do and why
Yes, as krw says, if TV can do it, it ought to be trivial for radio. I
presume it's mainly budget.
Post by Vicky Ayech
I agree. But to be honest, and I am sad about it, I quite like 3 'days
off' now!
YANA! Even after the reversion to (more or less) normal-type episodes, I
like having three days off. (If we "had" to go back to say 5 a week, I
think I'd actually prefer to keep Friday free rather than Sunday.)
Post by Vicky Ayech
What an indictment of how the programme has been for me
over the months since April. It has been a chore. I need to listen in
case I miss one of the rare additons to the story lines. I know it is
I definitely felt it was a chore in the early days - the monologues
didn't work for me for some characters. (Not to put down in any way the
efforts of writers, cast, and crew.)
Post by Vicky Ayech
improving again now but the feelings have not improved about it yet.
Maybe as we get into the old ways, if we ever do, they will.
Hmm.

Radio 4 is the civilising influence in this country ... I think it is the most
important institution in this country. - John Humphrys, Radio Times
7-13/06/2003