R.I.P. BTMS
Add Reply
SODAM
2019-05-11 09:45:25 UTC
I am sorry to tell you that my good friend, life-and-soul of any party,
luminary of umra, BTMS, died peacefully very early today.
--
SODAM
The thinking umrat’s choice for editor
BrritSki
2019-05-11 09:50:50 UTC
Nugger :(
vk
2019-05-11 10:34:09 UTC
Post by SODAM
I am sorry to tell you that my good friend, life-and-soul of any party,
luminary of umra, BTMS, died peacefully very early today.
Nugger :(
Nugger indeed. :(
RIP
Penny
2019-05-11 10:45:37 UTC
Post by SODAM
I am sorry to tell you that my good friend, life-and-soul of any party,
luminary of umra, BTMS, died peacefully very early today.
Nugger :(
Nugger x many.:-(
2019-05-11 09:53:45 UTC
Post by SODAM
I am sorry to tell you that my good friend, life-and-soul of any party,
luminary of umra, BTMS, died peacefully very early today.
Sad news.

By chance, I was in touch with Paul yesterday and I told him that she
had been mentioned in umra. From what he had said though, it's unlikely
she will have been aware of this.
Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it. (Andre
Gide)
John Ashby
2019-05-11 10:23:16 UTC
Post by SODAM
I am sorry to tell you that my good friend, life-and-soul of any party,
luminary of umra, BTMS, died peacefully very early today.
Sad news.
By chance, I was in touch with Paul yesterday and I told him that she
had been mentioned in umra.  From what he had said though, it's unlikely
she will have been aware of this.
My thoughts are with him, I suspect he has had quite a harrowing time
these last few months.

2019-05-11 20:36:25 UTC
Post by SODAM
I am sorry to tell you that my good friend, life-and-soul of any party,
luminary of umra, BTMS, died peacefully very early today.
Sad news.
By chance, I was in touch with Paul yesterday and I told him that she
had been mentioned in umra.  From what he had said though, it's
unlikely she will have been aware of this.
My thoughts are with him, I suspect he has had quite a harrowing time
these last few months.
I'd like to add my own wishes to that.
2019-05-11 09:52:15 UTC
In message
Post by SODAM
I am sorry to tell you that my good friend, life-and-soul of any party,
luminary of umra, BTMS, died peacefully very early today.
So sad. Please convey my (and I'm sure most of UMRA's) commiserations to
her nearest and dearest.

Society has the right to punish wrongdoing; it doesn't have the right to make
punishment a form of entertainment. This is where things have gone wrong:
humiliating other people has become both a blood sport and a narcotic.
- Joe Queenan, RT 2015/6/27-7/3
Dumrat
2019-05-11 10:27:44 UTC
Post by SODAM
I am sorry to tell you that my good friend, life-and-soul of any party,
luminary of umra, BTMS, died peacefully very early today.
I read that as "died postmodernly". May she rest in peace. My condolences to you, SODAM,
and please could you kindly send condolences to her family when appropriate, on our
behalf, (if I may presume to speak for some of Umra).
--
Salaam Alaykum,
Anne, Exceptionally Traditionally-built Dumrat
Nick Odell
2019-05-11 10:53:56 UTC
Post by Dumrat
Post by SODAM
I am sorry to tell you that my good friend, life-and-soul of any party,
luminary of umra, BTMS, died peacefully very early today.
I read that as "died postmodernly". May she rest in peace. My
condolences to you, SODAM,
and please could you kindly send condolences to her family when
appropriate, on our behalf, (if I may presume to speak for some of Umra).
Presume away: you certainly speak for me. My thoughts and prayers are
with Paul and the rest of the family. And friends too, of course.

Yes please, I'd like to be included in that.
Rosemary Miskin
2019-05-11 17:26:47 UTC

Rosemary
a l l y

Anne B
2019-06-04 08:25:10 UTC
Post by a l l y
Post by Vicky Ayech
Post by Dumrat
Post by SODAM
I am sorry to tell you that my good friend, life-and-soul of any party,
luminary of umra, BTMS, died peacefully very early today.
I read that as "died postmodernly". May she rest in peace. My
condolences to you, SODAM,
and please could you kindly send condolences to her family when appropriate, on our
behalf, (if I may presume to speak for some of Umra).
Yes please, I'd like to be included in that.
Yes, me too.
ally
and me, belatedly - I have only just caught up with this bad news after
being away for a spell.

Anne B

krw
2019-05-11 14:16:11 UTC
Post by Dumrat
Post by SODAM
I am sorry to tell you that my good friend, life-and-soul of any party,
luminary of umra, BTMS, died peacefully very early today.
I read that as "died postmodernly". May she rest in peace. My
condolences to you, SODAM,
and please could you kindly send condolences to her family when
appropriate, on our behalf, (if I may presume to speak for some of Umra).
And with special thanks from here for being the umra representative when
we lost Stephanie.

I would have loved to repay the tribute but will be out of the country
for the next two weeks.

2019-05-11 10:35:52 UTC
Post by SODAM
I am sorry to tell you that my good friend, life-and-soul of any party,
luminary of umra, BTMS, died peacefully very early today.
I am very sad. I cannot find anything to say, other than that I liked
her very much and that I miss here here. May she be at peace.

Go well, Linda.
Paul Herber
2019-05-11 11:12:27 UTC
Post by SODAM
I am sorry to tell you that my good friend, life-and-soul of any party,
luminary of umra, BTMS, died peacefully very early today.
Sad news.
--
Regards, Paul Herber
http://www.paulherber.co.uk/
Sally Thompson
2019-05-11 11:22:38 UTC
Post by SODAM
I am sorry to tell you that my good friend, life-and-soul of any party,
luminary of umra, BTMS, died peacefully very early today.
I am so sad to hear of that. We never met but she was someone I would have
very much liked to meet. Thanks for letting us know.
a l l y
2019-05-11 20:23:08 UTC
Post by SODAM
I am sorry to tell you that my good friend, life-and-soul of any party,
luminary of umra, BTMS, died peacefully very early today.
I am so sad to hear of that. We never met but she was someone I would have
very much liked to meet. Thanks for letting us know.
Yes, she was very worthwhile meeting, and I'm so glad I had the opportunity
to do so. I'd love to have had the chance to know her better in real life.
Farewell, lovely crazy lady!

ally

---
2019-05-11 12:07:44 UTC
Post by SODAM
I am sorry to tell you that my good friend, life-and-soul of any party,
luminary of umra, BTMS, died peacefully very early today.
RIP indeed.
2019-05-11 13:02:25 UTC
Post by SODAM
I am sorry to tell you that my good friend, life-and-soul of any party,
luminary of umra, BTMS, died peacefully very early today.
I'm told that they're looking at the 20th May at 11.00am in East Garston
parish church for the funeral, but Paul will let me know when that's
confirmed.
Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom
consists in not exceeding the limit. (Elbert Hubbard)
a l l y
2019-05-11 20:50:07 UTC
Post by SODAM
I am sorry to tell you that my good friend, life-and-soul of any party,
luminary of umra, BTMS, died peacefully very early today.
I'm told that they're looking at the 20th May at 11.00am in East Garston
parish church for the funeral, but Paul will let me know when that's
confirmed.
Wish I didn't live so far away. I'm a keen funeral-attender but that's just
too far for me, unfortunately.

ally

---

2019-05-12 08:17:47 UTC
Post by SODAM
I am sorry to tell you that my good friend, life-and-soul of any party,
luminary of umra, BTMS, died peacefully very early today.
I'm told that they're looking at the 20th May at 11.00am in East Garston
parish church for the funeral, but Paul will let me know when that's
confirmed.
Impossible by public transport.

2019-05-12 10:35:23 UTC
Post by SODAM
I am sorry to tell you that my good friend, life-and-soul of any party,
luminary of umra, BTMS, died peacefully very early today.
I'm told that they're looking at the 20th May at 11.00am in East Garston
parish church for the funeral, but Paul will let me know when that's
confirmed.
Impossible by public transport.
This might give you some ideas:

https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Earley/East-Garston

Nick
Steve Hague
2019-05-11 14:23:10 UTC
Post by SODAM
I am sorry to tell you that my good friend, life-and-soul of any party,
luminary of umra, BTMS, died peacefully very early today.
I never met Linda, but I'll miss her. May she rest in peace and rise in
glory.
Steve
Tony Smith Gloucestershire
2019-05-11 16:33:17 UTC
I did not know her, but sympathy to her family and friends.
Kate B
2019-05-11 17:42:03 UTC
Post by SODAM
I am sorry to tell you that my good friend, life-and-soul of any party,
luminary of umra, BTMS, died peacefully very early today.
I am so sorry to hear that, but very glad that it was peaceful. It must
have been such a harrowing time - how many months? - for Paul and her
family and her many friends.

Will there be an umratic presence at her funeral at all? Might we send
some flowers, or will there be a donation in lieu of?
2019-05-11 19:08:25 UTC
Post by Kate B
Post by SODAM
I am sorry to tell you that my good friend, life-and-soul of any party,
luminary of umra, BTMS, died peacefully very early today.
I am so sorry to hear that, but very glad that it was peaceful. It must
have been such a harrowing time - how many months? - for Paul and her
family and her many friends.
Will there be an umratic presence at her funeral at all? Might we send
some flowers, or will there be a donation in lieu of?
It might have to be something in Bad Taste, though, which might not be
appropriate.

"To YOU I'm an atheist; to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition." - Woody Allen
SODAM
2019-05-12 10:45:26 UTC
Post by Kate B
Post by SODAM
I am sorry to tell you that my good friend, life-and-soul of any party,
luminary of umra, BTMS, died peacefully very early today.
I am so sorry to hear that, but very glad that it was peaceful. It must
have been such a harrowing time - how many months? - for Paul and her
family and her many friends.
Will there be an umratic presence at her funeral at all? Might we send
some flowers, or will there be a donation in lieu of?
Hello Kate,
I don’t know yet if there will be flowers but there will be a SODAMic
presence at the funeral.

I shall be speaking to Paul later today and ask him, if the mood seems
right. As you say, he has had a harrowing eight months since Linda’s
diagnosis.
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2019-05-12 10:55:22 UTC
In message
<1317600142.579327257.633136.kemp_m-***@news.eternal-september.o
rg>, SODAM <***@talktalk.net> writes:
[]
Post by SODAM
Hello Kate,
I don’t know yet if there will be flowers but there will be a SODAMic
presence at the funeral.
I shall be speaking to Paul later today and ask him, if the mood seems
right. As you say, he has had a harrowing eight months since Linda’s
diagnosis.
Perhaps more important than flowers, something said in the eulogy about
her role as BTMS on UMRA, since presumably those present mostly won't
know about it. I am sure SODAM will do us proud, though; I am glad she
will be there.

"quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur". ("Anything is more impressive if
you say it in Latin")
Chris McMillan
2019-05-12 17:59:39 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by Kate B
Post by SODAM
I am sorry to tell you that my good friend, life-and-soul of any party,
luminary of umra, BTMS, died peacefully very early today.
I am so sorry to hear that, but very glad that it was peaceful. It must
have been such a harrowing time - how many months? - for Paul and her
family and her many friends.
Will there be an umratic presence at her funeral at all? Might we send
some flowers, or will there be a donation in lieu of?
Hello Kate,
I don’t know yet if there will be flowers but there will be a SODAMic
presence at the funeral.
I shall be speaking to Paul later today and ask him, if the mood seems
right. As you say, he has had a harrowing eight months since Linda’s
diagnosis.
Thanks SODAM. The buses that go to the village aren’t when I need them -
as for the taxi fare quoted. ;(

2019-05-11 23:57:20 UTC
Post by SODAM
I am sorry to tell you that my good friend, life-and-soul of any party,
luminary of umra, BTMS, died peacefully very early today.
I am sad to hear this. My best wishes and sympathy to Paul and family.
Min
2019-05-12 04:59:40 UTC
Post by SODAM
I am sorry to tell you that my good friend, life-and-soul of any party,
luminary of umra, BTMS, died peacefully very early today.
--
SODAM
The thinking umrat’s choice for editor
I too would like to send my sympathy - and many thanks to Chris
McT for keeping me posted....
RIP
Min
Jane Vernon
2019-05-12 14:16:01 UTC
Post by SODAM
I am sorry to tell you that my good friend, life-and-soul of any party,
luminary of umra, BTMS, died peacefully very early today.
I am sorry to hear that. She will be missed.
--
Jane
BTME