OT persimmon
Tony Smith Gloucestershire
2019-10-02 19:31:03 UTC
For the first time ever I have found a pip/stone in a persimmon. Would it be interesting to plant it?
Nick Odell
2019-10-02 22:20:24 UTC
On Wed, 2 Oct 2019 12:31:03 -0700 (PDT), Tony Smith Gloucestershire
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
For the first time ever I have found a pip/stone in a persimmon. Would it be interesting to plant it?
Is it an Asian or an American Persimmon? Google seems to think that if
you are prepared to nurture the seed and if it is fertile it could
grow under UK conditions but while the Asian variety is
self-pollenating, you require two of the American ones if you hope to
get fruit. It's worth having a try anyway, don't you think?

Nick
Tony Smith Gloucestershire
2019-10-03 08:03:38 UTC
Nick: Sainsbury's. Spanish. Presumably Diospyros kaki.

Mike
2019-10-03 07:49:40 UTC
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
For the first time ever I have found a pip/stone in a persimmon. Would it
be interesting to plant it?
Don’t think Rosie would be very pleased...