On topic. Probably my favourite line....
Peter Withey
2020-05-10 11:04:11 UTC
Jennifer, in a shocked voice "Good grief Brian, I'm related to a
Horrobin"

Any other favourites?
Pete
Penny
2020-05-10 12:29:57 UTC
On Sun, 10 May 2020 12:04:11 +0100, Peter Withey <***@never.here> scrawled
in the dust...
Post by Peter Withey
Jennifer, in a shocked voice "Good grief Brian, I'm related to a
Horrobin"
I enjoyed that one and look forward to Brian's confession tomorrow, I can't
remember how she reacted to that.
2020-05-10 15:08:09 UTC
in the dust...
Post by Peter Withey
Jennifer, in a shocked voice "Good grief Brian, I'm related to a
Horrobin"
I enjoyed that one and look forward to Brian's confession tomorrow, I can't
remember how she reacted to that.
Thank you, Alice and Chris is the only one I was interested in, but I'll
listen to Brian too.

I suggest a paraphrase of someone's sig .. "let's all keep calm and
ignore the llama in the room". The correct line, anyrat, please ....?
Mike
2020-05-10 15:45:55 UTC
Post by DavidK
Post by Penny
in the dust...
Post by Peter Withey
Jennifer, in a shocked voice "Good grief Brian, I'm related to a
Horrobin"
I enjoyed that one and look forward to Brian's confession tomorrow, I can't
remember how she reacted to that.
Thank you, Alice and Chris is the only one I was interested in, but I'll
listen to Brian too.
I suggest a paraphrase of someone's sig .. "let's all keep calm and
ignore the llama in the room". The correct line, anyrat, please ....?
Well, it was my sig line for a time, but, the exact wording,
err....umbrella?
2020-05-10 19:37:38 UTC
On Sun, 10 May 2020 15:45:55 GMT, Mike <***@ntlworld.com> scrawled
in the dust...
Post by Mike
Post by DavidK
Post by Penny
in the dust...
Post by Peter Withey
Jennifer, in a shocked voice "Good grief Brian, I'm related to a
Horrobin"
I enjoyed that one and look forward to Brian's confession tomorrow, I can't
remember how she reacted to that.
Thank you, Alice and Chris is the only one I was interested in, but I'll
listen to Brian too.
I suggest a paraphrase of someone's sig .. "let's all keep calm and
ignore the llama in the room". The correct line, anyrat, please ....?
Well, it was my sig line for a time, but, the exact wording,
err....umbrella?
Google knows that one
"Let's all calm down shall we? Let's forget there is a llama in here at
all."
(Lynda Snell, 010603)
2020-05-10 17:29:17 UTC
Post by Peter Withey
Jennifer, in a shocked voice "Good grief Brian, I'm related to a
Horrobin"
Any other favourites?
Susan: "Careful! That tamarind's come all the way from Wolverhampton!"
2020-05-12 11:52:23 UTC
Post by Peter Withey
Jennifer, in a shocked voice "Good grief Brian, I'm related to a
Horrobin"
Any other favourites?
Yes and Bruan was more amused at her than shocked. I think he was secretly
enjoying the discomfortitude. He has little enough time for them as it is,
though I guess he would get on well with ‘duffer professionally if not
personally.

2020-05-12 12:53:06 UTC
On Tue, 12 May 2020 at 11:52:23, Chris McMillan
Post by Chris McMillan
Post by Peter Withey
Jennifer, in a shocked voice "Good grief Brian, I'm related to a
Horrobin"
Any other favourites?
Yes and Bruan was more amused at her than shocked. I think he was secretly
enjoying the discomfortitude.
Yes, I think so too.
Post by Chris McMillan
He has little enough time for them as it is,
though I guess he would get on well with ‘duffer professionally if not
personally.
I think he just doesn't think of them much if at all: his interests,
both personal and professional, don't overlap with theirs. I don't think
he disdains (?) them - as you say, he probably respects Chris as a
businessman (Alice a little less so perhaps, but - though he wouldn't
admit it - would give her a little slack as a daughter), but has little
call for his business. (Does he - or Jenny - still have a horse?)
John

In science, the more you know what you're looking at, the more magical it
becomes. - Professor Brian Cox, in RT 2017/7/15-21
Serena Blanchflower
2020-05-12 13:50:26 UTC
(Does he - or Jenny - still have a horse?)
No, I don't think either of them have shown much interest in horses,
beyond taking resposibility for the ponies / horses they bought for
their children.

I assume Debbie's horse is still living at The Stables, along with
Alice's nag.
--
Happy hibernating and stay well,
best wishes, Serena
important thing in a person. (Audrey Hepburn)
krw
2020-05-12 14:08:10 UTC
(Does he - or Jenny - still have a horse?)
No, I don't think either of them have shown much interest in horses,
beyond taking resposibility for the ponies / horses they bought for
their children.
I assume Debbie's horse is still living at The Stables, along with
Alice's nag.
I have a feeling Alice had a new nag recently. I also think the passing
of Debbie's was noted a long time ago.
2020-05-12 14:24:42 UTC
(Does he - or Jenny - still have a horse?)
No, I don't think either of them have shown much interest in horses,
beyond taking resposibility for the ponies / horses they bought for
their children.
I assume Debbie's horse is still living at The Stables, along with
Alice's nag.
Dying of a broken heart due to being abandoned by its’ owner.
2020-05-12 17:29:42 UTC
On Tue, 12 May 2020 14:50:26 +0100, Serena Blanchflower
(Does he - or Jenny - still have a horse?)
No, I don't think either of them have shown much interest in horses,
beyond taking resposibility for the ponies / horses they bought for
their children.
Brian and Siobhan had a share in a race horse which was forgotten by the
SWs long before she died.
2020-05-12 18:10:14 UTC
On Tue, 12 May 2020 14:50:26 +0100, Serena Blanchflower
(Does he - or Jenny - still have a horse?)
No, I don't think either of them have shown much interest in horses,
beyond taking resposibility for the ponies / horses they bought for
their children.
Brian and Siobhan had a share in a race horse which was forgotten by the
SWs long before she died.
I asked Brian about said horse at an Archer’s evening some years back; he
told me to ‘Mind your own damn business!’;-)))
2020-05-13 18:01:55 UTC
Post by Chris McMillan
He has little enough time for them as it is,
though I guess he would get on well with ‘duffer professionally if not
personally.
I think he just doesn't think of them much if at all: his interests,
both personal and professional, don't overlap with theirs. I don't think
he disdains (?) them - as you say, he probably respects Chris as a
businessman (Alice a little less so perhaps, but - though he wouldn't
admit it - would give her a little slack as a daughter), but has little
call for his business. (Does he - or Jenny - still have a horse?)
John
No, all the ‘orses appear to live at “The Stables”.

2020-05-13 20:03:51 UTC
Post by Chris McMillan
He has little enough time for them as it is,
though I guess he would get on well with ‘duffer professionally if not
personally.
I think he just doesn't think of them much if at all: his interests,
both personal and professional, don't overlap with theirs. I don't think
he disdains (?) them - as you say, he probably respects Chris as a
businessman (Alice a little less so perhaps, but - though he wouldn't
admit it - would give her a little slack as a daughter), but has little
call for his business. (Does he - or Jenny - still have a horse?)
John
No, all the ‘orses appear to live at “The Stables”.
Sincerely Chris
Easier to cook them all at the same time that way.