All that ‘Barn Money’
2021-09-02 18:19:23 UTC
How about buying up Gay Grables? Complete face-lift, perhaps a yuppie
orientated development as an extension and revamp under ‘New Management’
Ollie gets to retire and perhaps Cafe could have a speaking part! (Not).
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan
John Ashby
2021-09-02 21:14:14 UTC
On Thu, 2 Sep 2021 18:19:23 -0000 (UTC), Mike McMillan
Post by Mike McMillan
How about buying up Gay Grables? Complete face-lift, perhaps a yuppie
orientated development as an extension and revamp under ‘New Management’
Ollie gets to retire and perhaps Cafe could have a speaking part! (Not).
Good idea. Today was lamer than the previous 5 days.
Is "She's squashed your stethoscope" some new euphemism?

2021-09-02 21:54:54 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
How about buying up Gay Grables? Complete face-lift, perhaps a yuppie
orientated development as an extension and revamp under ‘New Management’
Ollie gets to retire and perhaps Cafe could have a speaking part! (Not).
Good idea. Today was lamer than the previous 5 days.
Is "She's squashed your stethoscope" some new euphemism?
I suppose it's only me (again) but Paul Venables playing Jakob in TA
didn't 'arf sould like Anton Lesser in "Falco" this evening. In fact,
the whole exchange sounded like a Falco/Helen exchange from one of
Mary Cutler's dramatisations.

I found Jakob's climb down from his high horse very believable.

2021-09-03 07:48:26 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
How about buying up Gay Grables? Complete face-lift, perhaps a yuppie
orientated development as an extension and revamp under ‘New Management’
Ollie gets to retire and perhaps Cafe could have a speaking part! (Not).
Good idea. Today was lamer than the previous 5 days.
Is "She's squashed your stethoscope" some new euphemism?
john
There were some excellent one liners in there and Jakob’s best friend had
some of them. Denise should become a regular speaking part (OP) along with
Mossy. PFT on dog and vet.

2021-09-03 12:41:03 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
How about buying up Gay Grables? Complete face-lift, perhaps a yuppie
orientated development as an extension and revamp under ‘New Management’
Ollie gets to retire and perhaps Cafe could have a speaking part! (Not).
Good idea. Today was lamer than the previous 5 days.
Is "She's squashed your stethoscope" some new euphemism?
john
YANAOU I think we should adopt SS - stethoscope squashing - as the
new sausage making.
krw
2021-09-10 16:11:27 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
How about buying up Gay Grables? Complete face-lift, perhaps a yuppie
orientated development as an extension and revamp under ‘New Management’
Ollie gets to retire and perhaps Cafe could have a speaking part! (Not).
I feel Oliver should offer the said establishment to Roy and Ian to take
on - perhaps with an earn out arrangement for Oliver. He would have to
find somewhere else to live I suppose.