spoiler Tuesday 28.1.20
2020-01-28 21:49:45 UTC
Well, boo hoo! He suddenly turned into baby Josh. Ruth was quite harsh
but understandably as it was affecting the whole farm and its income.
Let's hear it for Johnny though. That boy is looking for a halo.
Chris McMillan
2020-02-02 19:16:16 UTC
Well, boo hoo! He suddenly turned into baby Josh. Ruth was quite harsh
but understandably as it was affecting the whole farm and its income.
Let's hear it for Johnny though. That boy is looking for a halo.
About time Josh fell. He’s been asking for it since he started thinking he
knew better than his parents. It’s Rex I feel sorry for. The innocent hit
with unintended consequences. Josh will have to wind up the business of
course (OP) as a minimum. Thinks: *what* will Jill say, and why haven’t we
heard from her and Leonard since they deserted the family for Xmas?

2020-02-03 08:28:31 UTC
Well, boo hoo! He suddenly turned into baby Josh. Ruth was quite harsh
but understandably as it was affecting the whole farm and its income.
Let's hear it for Johnny though. That boy is looking for a halo.
About time Josh fell. He’s been asking for it since he started thinking he
knew better than his parents. It’s Rex I feel sorry for. The innocent hit
with unintended consequences. Josh will have to wind up the business of
course (OP) as a minimum. Thinks: *what* will Jill say, and why haven’t we
heard from her and Leonard since they deserted the family for Xmas?
Sincerely Chris
We haven’t yet heard about the Great Christmas Dinner Poisoning event -
perhaps no witnesses survived to tell Soooooozan.
2020-02-03 09:39:59 UTC
Well, boo hoo! He suddenly turned into baby Josh. Ruth was quite harsh
but understandably as it was affecting the whole farm and its income.
Let's hear it for Johnny though. That boy is looking for a halo.
About time Josh fell. He’s been asking for it since he started thinking he
knew better than his parents. It’s Rex I feel sorry for. The innocent hit
with unintended consequences. Josh will have to wind up the business of
course (OP) as a minimum. Thinks: *what* will Jill say, and why haven’t we
heard from her and Leonard since they deserted the family for Xmas?
Sincerely Chris
We haven’t yet heard about the Great Christmas Dinner Poisoning event -
perhaps no witnesses survived to tell Soooooozan.
Jill went off for a secret wedding. She died during the honeymoon and
Lenard inherits her property. David and Elizabeth and Kenton are
outraged and get Harrison to investigate.
BrritSki
2020-02-03 09:47:32 UTC
[...]
That seems to be the plot of the latest Brunetti book I'm reading. Very
good it is too, and Netgalley have sent me the next one before it's
published in a month or three, so that will be next.
krw
2020-02-03 11:33:10 UTC
Thinks:*what* will Jill say, and why haven’t we
heard from her and Leonard since they deserted the family for Xmas?
As you say she has deserted the family - you explained it very well.

However we also have clear evidence of the impact of changing editors.

Under He who must not be named they dumped all long term planning and
took on the TV approach.

Interregnum of Ms Hindell trying not to rock the boat.

Huw Kennair-Jones rocked up and tried to put some of the pieces back
together and given the age of his audience decided that all the old
codgers would be given lots of airtime.

Interregnum of Ms Hindell who realised that it wasn't working and took
us down some strange streets.

Jeremy Howe rides in on his white charger spots the opportunity to go
whole hog on child abuse and also decides in line with the entire BBC
that the existing listener population does not matter - we need more
under 35's so spots Peggy's birthday and magics up the entire rewiliding
exercise for the next 20 years. And also decides to kill off Joe and
retire Christine cutting the old codgers airtime as a result.
2020-02-03 14:20:00 UTC
[...]
Nice summary. (Even if I did briefly wonder who Christine cutting was,
until I noticed the lower-case c where I'd put a comma [and a l-c c].)

The trouble with the death penalty has always been that nobody wanted it for
everybody, but everybody differed about who should get off. - Albert
Pierrepoint, in his 1974 autobiography.
Chris McMillan
2020-02-07 10:31:11 UTC
[...]
Except you couldn’t replace Joe’s best friend and be realistic and
Christine has been a bit part for years anyway. Jill and Peggoi’s best
friends seem to be fit enough to take on meaty parts still.

2020-02-07 11:59:11 UTC
On Fri, 07 Feb 2020 10:31:11 GMT, Chris McMillan
Post by krw
Thinks:*what* will Jill say, and why haven’t we
heard from her and Leonard since they deserted the family for Xmas?
Jeremy Howe rides in on his white charger spots the opportunity to go
whole hog on child abuse and also decides in line with the entire BBC
that the existing listener population does not matter - we need more
under 35's so spots Peggy's birthday and magics up the entire rewiliding
exercise for the next 20 years. And also decides to kill off Joe and
retire Christine cutting the old codgers airtime as a result.
Except you couldn’t replace Joe’s best friend and be realistic and
Christine has been a bit part for years anyway. Jill and Peggoi’s best
friends seem to be fit enough to take on meaty parts still.
Sincerely Chris
Well, Peggy was all over it last night. The iplayer blurb says she
made up for no other visitors but I can't see how even a large family
for a meal can do that. And I felt Rex should have kept faith with
Bert and co.

I wanted the explanation for last night's spoiler about more trouble
at Brookfield to be that Vince came back with more demands and David
said be gone! Please can that happen soon? And I do not want the Bull
to manage to fend off Lynda and Bert's protests. I want the name to
remain.
Penny
2020-02-07 12:38:36 UTC
On Fri, 07 Feb 2020 11:59:11 +0000, Vicky Ayech <***@gmail.com>
[...]
Erme, ITYF that was Jill (with slightly croaky voice) not Peggy.
2020-02-07 16:12:30 UTC
In message <***@4ax.com>, Penny
<***@labyrinth.freeuk.com> writes:
Erme, ITYF that was Jill (with slightly croaky voice) not Peggy.
Oh, I _am_ glad I'm not the only one who sometimes gets the two
matriarchs mixed up!

User Error: Replace user, hit any key to continue.
Mike
2020-02-07 17:43:54 UTC
Erme, ITYF that was Jill (with slightly croaky voice) not Peggy.
Oh, I _am_ glad I'm not the only one who sometimes gets the two
matriarchs mixed up!
One does Flapjacks, the other, fag ends.
2020-02-07 18:18:56 UTC
Erme, ITYF that was Jill (with slightly croaky voice) not Peggy.
Oh, I _am_ glad I'm not the only one who sometimes gets the two
matriarchs mixed up!
One does Flapjacks, the other, fag ends.
I meant Jill and Peggy, not FAL.

1. If it's green, it's biology
2. If it smells, it's chemistry
3. If it doesn't work, it's physics.
Penny
2020-02-07 18:41:14 UTC
On Fri, 07 Feb 2020 17:43:54 GMT, Mike <***@ntlworld.com> scrawled
in the dust...
Erme, ITYF that was Jill (with slightly croaky voice) not Peggy.
Oh, I _am_ glad I'm not the only one who sometimes gets the two
matriarchs mixed up!
One does Flapjacks, the other, fag ends.
I don't think Peggy has ever smoked - at least nobody has ever mentioned
it.
2020-02-07 19:08:38 UTC
in the dust...
Erme, ITYF that was Jill (with slightly croaky voice) not Peggy.
Oh, I _am_ glad I'm not the only one who sometimes gets the two
matriarchs mixed up!
One does Flapjacks, the other, fag ends.
I don't think Peggy has ever smoked - at least nobody has ever mentioned
it.
Though steam has been seen to come out of her ears ...

After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I
have one. -Cato the Elder, statesman, soldier, and writer (234-149 BCE)
krw
Yes!
Sam Plusnet
2020-02-07 20:22:33 UTC
Jill and Peggoi’s best friends seem to be fit enough to take on meaty parts still.
Is Brritters unwell?
2020-02-07 20:42:19 UTC
ROFL
Rosalind Mitchell
Rosalind Mitchell
2020-02-07 12:43:35 UTC
[...]
Yesterday's young folks are tomorrow's old codgers. David is getting
quite codgerly these days and Shula has been that way for years, since
her spat with Usha at least. It's forty years since the Snells were
yuppy incomers from Virginia Water. The whole ***@Ambridge Boycott is a
very codgerly thing.

2020-02-07 14:38:19 UTC
Post by Rosalind Mitchell
Post by krw
[...]
Ermm... ITYWFT that is ‘Sanningdale’ actually.