BTA Awards Ceremony 2018 - Introduction
2018-04-01 19:37:09 UTC
Hello, good evening and welcome to you all! And a special shout-out to
our latest Honorary Umrat, Mr Btms. Before we proceed, will you all
charge your glasses and raise them to your lips in silent tribute to
Somerat Anonymous without whose help this ceremony would not be taking
place this evening.

Bad Taste plummeted to the depths in true Umratic style in 2017 as many
of the usual suspects surpassed themselves and a few new names appeared,
which is always particularly pleasing.

In a break from tradition there has been a small change in the judging
process and in the categorisation of Nominated posts. As your BTM I
carefully reviewed every BTN and made the difficult decisions of
assigning some of them to the also-rans pile. Rest assured that even if
YOUR Bad Taste is not mentioned this evening, it has already been
recognized as merit-worthy in the acceptance of the necessary BTN and
sadly not everyone can win. Having selected my short-list I turned to
my sister and asked her to assign each post with a mark out of 10. She
was very impressed by the extremity of Bad Taste displayed, thus we have
several winners in the top Gold Award category.

Those winners will be announced in due course, of course, but the Awards
will be made in reverse order, so please stand by for the Honorable
Mention ...
2018-04-01 19:47:22 UTC
[...]
Breath bated..... Mt Btms is over by the buffet with his teaspoon.
Personally, this is really sounding all rather too efficient for the LSS
but I trust disaster is nearing. Just learned that SODAM is on the
premises. Tone will soon be lowered. 😉
2018-04-01 22:08:30 UTC
Hello, good evening and welcome to you all! And a special shout-out to
our latest Honorary Umrat, Mr Btms. Before we proceed, will you all
charge your glasses and raise them to your lips in silent tribute to
Somerat Anonymous without whose help this ceremony would not be taking
place this evening.
[]
Whenever I hear similar to the above, I am reminded of the friend of the
Reverend Spooner who announced the loyal toast:

Glaze your arses for the queer old dean ...

As for the BTA ceremony, a tour de force as usual. (Even if one or two
of the references whooshed me!)

"Who came first? Adam or Eve?" "Adam of course; men always do."
Victoria Wood (via Peter Hesketh)
Jane Vernon
2018-04-02 07:31:46 UTC
[...]
It was a splendid ceremony, BTM! I very much enjoyed the slightly
different format and although I am not often visiting these parts, am
very glad I happened to be doing so today
--
Jane
BTME