Message for Sid
2018-11-19 15:08:58 UTC
Your favourite cr*sp eater has good exposure (oo-err missus) in this week’s
Quote Unquote.

This has been a PSA.
2018-11-19 16:47:50 UTC
My PSA is back to normal again. Please remove your thumb from my bu......
Mike
2018-11-19 16:55:06 UTC
Your favourite cr*sp eater has good exposure (oo-err missus) in this week’s
Quote Unquote.
This has been a PSA.
My PSA is back to normal again. Please remove your thumb from my bu......
Oh!, I am sorry, bit sensitive are we? Anyway, that was not my thumb....
I did wonder, with both of your hands on my shoulders...
LFS
2018-11-19 17:00:54 UTC
Your favourite cr*sp eater has good exposure (oo-err missus) in this week’s
Quote Unquote.
This has been a PSA.
My PSA is back to normal again. Please remove your thumb from my bu......
Spent yesterday evening laughing at The Kominsky Method on Netflix.
Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin dealing with old age. Danny de Vito stars
in one episode as a mad urologist...
Thank you for suggesting it. Just enjoyed the first two episodes.
Sid Nuncius
2018-11-19 18:13:52 UTC
Your favourite cr*sp eater has good exposure (oo-err missus) in this week’s
Quote Unquote.
This has been a PSA.
Thanks, Mike. I plan to listen on iPlayer later. (Be damned to BBC
Sounds, say I!)
2018-11-20 09:06:39 UTC
Your favourite cr*sp eater has good exposure (oo-err missus) in this week’s
Quote Unquote.
This has been a PSA.
Thanks, Mike.  I plan to listen on iPlayer later. (Be damned to BBC
Sounds, say I!)
While you're there, take a listen to the segment near the end of
yesterday's WH where a lady was talking about her urge to put younger
parents straight. Very well observed and funny as was the follow on
programme Incredible Women. Not come across this before but is seems
this is series 7, so we'll listen out for it. A spoof documentary along
the lines of that one several years ago where the presenter kept getting
things wrong and inevitably included the interviewee expressing surprise
that "you're married ?". I want to say Ray Gosling, but I think he was real.

Also thought-provoking was Thought Cages about education...
Jim Easterbrook
2018-11-20 09:12:31 UTC
A spoof documentary along
the lines of that one several years ago where the presenter kept getting
things wrong and inevitably included the interviewee expressing surprise
that "you're married ?". I want to say Ray Gosling, but I think he was real.
Roy Mallard - "People Like Us" - played by Chris Langham, so don't expect
a rebroadcast any time soon.
2018-11-20 10:09:43 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by BrritSki
A spoof documentary along
the lines of that one several years ago where the presenter kept getting
things wrong and inevitably included the interviewee expressing surprise
that "you're married ?". I want to say Ray Gosling, but I think he was real.
Roy Mallard - "People Like Us" - played by Chris Langham, so don't expect
a rebroadcast any time soon.
I used to enjoy People Like Us - did it pre-date Alan Partridge and
could it qualify as a pioneer in the mocumentary field?

Ray Gosling was real. I thought he was a superb presenter of his kind of
explorations of everyday life. But I gather he was a little -erme-
eccentric? Didn't he confess, on air, to murder? But the police
investigation turned up nothing.

I feel Grace Dent is his natural successor - without the murder stuff,
obviously.

2018-11-20 12:06:06 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by BrritSki
A spoof documentary along
the lines of that one several years ago where the presenter kept getting
things wrong and inevitably included the interviewee expressing surprise
that "you're married ?". I want to say Ray Gosling, but I think he was real.
Roy Mallard - "People Like Us" - played by Chris Langham, so don't expect
a rebroadcast any time soon.
That's the quacker. Thanks.

LFS
2018-11-20 10:34:22 UTC
[...]
I've heard and greatly enjoyed all the previous series of Incredible
Women. It can be patchy but when it's good it's quite brilliant. I am a
huge fan of Rebecca Front.
2018-11-20 10:50:20 UTC
Post by LFS
[...]
Me too. (Fan of RF) But it's easy IMO to underestimate the presence of
Jeremy Front in these productions. I was a little startled, however,
when the six-part Rebecca/Jeremy series Jack & Millie ended abruptly
after episode 4.

2018-11-20 12:03:26 UTC
On Tue, 20 Nov 2018 10:50:20 +0000, Nick Odell
Post by Nick Odell
Post by LFS
[...]
Nick
Ah I like her in Lewis. We are re-watching those. I prefer them to
Morse or Endeavor.