OT: Pair of knickers flashed
2018-12-21 17:21:58 UTC
1. Just watching last week's Countryfile and was surprised to see
nephews partner being very efficient with a chainsaw :)

2. Last night I went to the Brixton Academy to see Wolf Alice featuring
drother's partners youngest on lead guitar. No entirely my taste in
music, but an amazing show and they are brilliant at what they do.
vk
Two pairs of flashing knickers. Bravo!
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2018-12-21 18:47:53 UTC
In message <***@mid.individual.net>, BrritSki
<***@gmail.com> writes:
drother's partners youngest on lead guitar. No entirely my taste in
[]
When I see that expression, I always think of it pronounced as my friend
who died this year did: his argument (with a twinkle) was that if you
can have a steel guitar, a lead one could be somewhere nearby. (Not to
mention "heavy metal" music.)

"This situation absolutely requires a really futile and stoopid gesture be done
on somebody's part." "We're just the guys to do it." Eric "Otter" Stratton (Tim
Matheson) and John "Bluto" Blutarsky (John Belushi) - N. L's Animal House
(1978)
Sid Nuncius
2018-12-22 06:20:31 UTC
1. Just watching last week's Countryfile and was surprised to see
nephews partner being very efficient with a chainsaw  :)
2. Last night I went to the Brixton Academy to see Wolf Alice featuring
drother's partners youngest on lead guitar. No entirely my taste in
music, but an amazing show and they are brilliant at what they do.
<impressed>

Wolf Alice really are Jolly Good, IMO - and not just MO, either, given
the Mercury Prize. I see The Nuardiag like the show, too:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/dec/20/wolf-alice-review-brixton-academy
2018-12-22 08:44:28 UTC
1. Just watching last week's Countryfile and was surprised to see
nephews partner being very efficient with a chainsaw  :)
2. Last night I went to the Brixton Academy to see Wolf Alice
featuring drother's partners youngest on lead guitar. No entirely my
taste in music, but an amazing show and they are brilliant at what
they do.
<impressed>
Wolf Alice really are Jolly Good, IMO - and not just MO, either, given
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/dec/20/wolf-alice-review-brixton-academy
Thanks Sid. Your link was unclickable, so here it is again:
<https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/dec/20/wolf-alice-review-brixton-academy>

The only problem I had with the show was that the lyrics weren't clear
over the literally gut-wrenching music. Neither was the rant by Danny
Dyer. If I'd heard it I'm sure he would have convinced me to change my
mind :)
Sid Nuncius
2018-12-22 09:54:15 UTC
1. Just watching last week's Countryfile and was surprised to see
nephews partner being very efficient with a chainsaw  :)
2. Last night I went to the Brixton Academy to see Wolf Alice
featuring drother's partners youngest on lead guitar. No entirely my
taste in music, but an amazing show and they are brilliant at what
they do.
<impressed>
Wolf Alice really are Jolly Good, IMO - and not just MO, either, given
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/dec/20/wolf-alice-review-brixton-academy
<https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/dec/20/wolf-alice-review-brixton-academy>
The only problem I had with the show was that the lyrics weren't clear
over the literally gut-wrenching music. Neither was the rant by Danny
Dyer. If I'd heard it I'm sure he would have convinced me to change my
mind  :)
:o) Possibly not, but you have to admire the comic timing of that final
"twat!" Impeccable.

(It's only about 45 seconds long.)
2018-12-22 12:31:54 UTC
[...]
http://youtu.be/pZURHyR7Nzs
(It's only about 45 seconds long.)
All I heard on the night was "Brexit, nobody knows what it is". Now I've
listened to it I'm amazed to learn that that's pretty much it ! Next
time I see Joff I'll ask him why he didn't get some more cogent
arguments together against it - I admit there are many, even though I
think they are unpersuasive. YMMV.
Sid Nuncius
2018-12-23 10:14:37 UTC
The only problem I had with the show was that the lyrics weren't
clear over the literally gut-wrenching music. Neither was the rant by
Danny Dyer. If I'd heard it I'm sure he would have convinced me to
change my mind  :)
:o)  Possibly not, but you have to admire the comic timing of that
final "twat!"  Impeccable.
http://youtu.be/pZURHyR7Nzs
(It's only about 45 seconds long.)
All I heard on the night was "Brexit, nobody knows what it is". Now I've
listened to it I'm amazed to learn that that's pretty much it !  Next
time I see Joff I'll ask him why he didn't get some more cogent
arguments together against it - I admit there are many, even though I
think they are unpersuasive. YMMV.
I concede that as a persuasive polemic it is perhaps a little short on
cogency and factual detail. :o)

It is boodly funny, though.
2018-12-23 10:21:04 UTC
The only problem I had with the show was that the lyrics weren't
clear over the literally gut-wrenching music. Neither was the rant
by Danny Dyer. If I'd heard it I'm sure he would have convinced me
to change my mind  :)
:o)  Possibly not, but you have to admire the comic timing of that
final "twat!"  Impeccable.
http://youtu.be/pZURHyR7Nzs
(It's only about 45 seconds long.)
All I heard on the night was "Brexit, nobody knows what it is". Now
I've listened to it I'm amazed to learn that that's pretty much it !
Next time I see Joff I'll ask him why he didn't get some more cogent
arguments together against it - I admit there are many, even though I
think they are unpersuasive. YMMV.
I concede that as a persuasive polemic it is perhaps a little short on
cogency and factual detail.  :o)
It is boodly funny, though.
I will certainly concede that - when you can actually see it and hear
what he said !
Nick Odell
2018-12-23 13:17:57 UTC
1. Just watching last week's Countryfile and was surprised to see
nephews partner being very efficient with a chainsaw  :)
Just be grateful it wasn't a documentary on international politics.
Post by BrritSki
2. Last night I went to the Brixton Academy to see Wolf Alice featuring
drother's partners youngest on lead guitar. No entirely my taste in
music, but an amazing show and they are brilliant at what they do.
They are the sort of band one can enjoy even if one doesn't enjoy that
sort of band IYSWIM.

A very elegant pair of kecks if I may say so.