the form you fill in to go out of doors in France
2020-03-17 22:42:48 UTC
https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.numerama.com%2Fcontent%2Fuploads%2F2020%2F03%2FAttestation_de_deplacement_derogatoire.pdf
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2020-03-17 23:35:06 UTC
https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.numerama.com%2Fcont
ent%2Fuploads%2F2020%2F03%2FAttestation_de_deplacement_derogatoire.pdf
Or
https://www.numerama.com/content/uploads/2020/03/Attestation_de_deplacement_derogatoire.pdf
Has spaces for name, date of birth, and address, and you then have to
select one of the predefined reasons set out in a law dated 2020-3-16
(yesterday):
o travel between home and non-homeworkable work
o travel to buy things from an authorised list from an authorised
establishment
o travel for health reason [I assume hospital visits etc.]
o travel for urgent family business, help to the vulnerable, or
childcare
o short travel, near home, for individual exercise, excluding all
collective sports, and for the needs of pet animals.
(Date)

I suspect our form will look similar, if we implement a similar law. I
personally would resent our doing so, and I'm sure I'm not alone in
that, but I can see it happening.

All I ask is to _prove_ that money can't make me happy.
John Ashby
2020-03-18 05:14:36 UTC
[...]
Which of those do I tick when going to the allotment? I can justify any
of the categories (if we replace "buy" with "acquire".)

2020-03-18 08:02:18 UTC
[...]
john
Precisely the thought that came to me. I decided "short travel .. for
individual exercise".
BrritSki
2020-03-18 08:14:32 UTC
Post by DavidK
[...]
Or for the needs of animals. I'm sure you have lots of slugs and snails
at the allotment...
John Ashby
2020-03-18 11:35:35 UTC
Post by DavidK
[...]
We would have had chickens there but they (They) made us move them
during the bird flu pan(dem)ic.

2020-03-18 12:21:45 UTC
Post by DavidK
Post by John Ashby
Which of those do I tick when going to the allotment? I can justify
any of the categories (if we replace "buy" with "acquire".)
john
Precisely the thought that came to me. I decided "short travel .. for
individual exercise".
Or for the needs of animals. I'm sure you have lots of slugs and
snails at the allotment...
We would have had chickens there but they (They) made us move them
during the bird flu pan(dem)ic.
john
For the last two years the squirrels ate my sweetcorn before I did. The
little monsters gnaw the stem to topple the plant and don't even wait
until they are ripe. OTOH the local fox does all right on plump,
diabetic corn-fed squirrels.
John Ashby
2020-03-18 13:04:13 UTC
Post by DavidK
Post by DavidK
Post by John Ashby
Which of those do I tick when going to the allotment? I can justify
any of the categories (if we replace "buy" with "acquire".)
john
Precisely the thought that came to me. I decided "short travel ..
for individual exercise".
Or for the needs of animals. I'm sure you have lots of slugs and
snails at the allotment...
We would have had chickens there but they (They) made us move them
during the bird flu pan(dem)ic.
john
For the last two years the squirrels ate my sweetcorn before I did. The
little monsters gnaw the stem to topple the plant and don't even wait
until they are ripe. OTOH the local fox does all right on plump,
diabetic corn-fed squirrels.
With us it's the rats that eat the sweetcorn (though last year we
escaped by growing early varieties). It used to be muntjac until we
improved the fencing all round the site. I don't think we'll get rid of
the rats without getting rid of all the takeaway shops nearby first. And
the students.

2020-03-18 14:56:26 UTC
On Wed, 18 Mar 2020 13:04:13 +0000, John Ashby <***@yahoo.com>
With us it's the rats that eat the sweetcorn (though last year we
escaped by growing early varieties). It used to be muntjac until we
improved the fencing all round the site. I don't think we'll get rid of
the rats without getting rid of all the takeaway shops nearby first. And
the students.
Would that be considered justifiable homicide?