UMRA birthday info for 30 May 2019
Birthday Monitor
2019-05-30 06:11:09 UTC
Birthday News for today, 30 May: Stephen Bowden and David the Omrud.
2019-05-30 07:41:57 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 30 May: Stephen Bowden and David the Omrud.
Many happpies to one and both!
Illness is neither an indulgence for which people have to pay, nor an
offence for which they should be penalised, but a misfortune, the cost
of which should be shared by the community. (Aneurin Bevan)
Vicky Ayech
2019-05-30 14:08:18 UTC
On Thu, 30 May 2019 08:41:57 +0100, Serena Blanchflower
Post by Serena Blanchflower
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 30 May: Stephen Bowden and David the Omrud.
Many happpies to one and both!
Happy birthday, boys, from me too. I won't suggest a party, drinks at
the Bull or tea chez fallon's, as nobody seems keen now, but there are
pints of Shires paid for if you'd like them.
Sid Nuncius
2019-05-30 07:58:23 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 30 May: Stephen Bowden and David the Omrud.
Happy birthday, David!

(And to Stephen, of blessed memory.)
2019-05-30 23:21:00 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 30 May: Stephen Bowden and David the Omrud.
Happy birthday, David!
(And to Stephen, of blessed memory.)
Do you mean he is no longer alive, or just no longer a contributor to
UMRA?

Anything you add for security will slow the computer but it shouldn't be
significant or prolonged. Security software is to protect the computer, not
the primary use of the computer.
- VanguardLH in alt.windows7.general, 2018-1-28
Sid Nuncius
2019-05-31 05:19:00 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 30 May: Stephen Bowden and David the Omrud.
Happy birthday, David!
(And to Stephen, of blessed memory.)
Do you mean he is no longer alive, or just no longer a contributor to UMRA?
Late of this parish. To the best of my knowledge (and certainly my
hopes) he is not late in any more terminal sense.
2019-05-31 07:37:08 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 30 May: Stephen Bowden and David the Omrud.
Happy birthday, David!
(And to Stephen, of blessed memory.)
Do you mean he is no longer alive, or just no longer a contributor to UMRA?
Late of this parish. To the best of my knowledge (and certainly my
hopes) he is not late in any more terminal sense.
Live and kicking on Facebook.

***@cdixon.me.uk @ChrisJDixon1
2019-05-31 10:10:02 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 30 May: Stephen Bowden and David the Omrud.
Happy birthday, David!
(And to Stephen, of blessed memory.)
Do you mean he is no longer alive, or just no longer a contributor to UMRA?
Late of this parish. To the best of my knowledge (and certainly my
hopes) he is not late in any more terminal sense.
Live and kicking on Facebook.
Chris
He disappeared from the Facebook group I sometimes inhabit so no longer
see his postings there.
2019-05-31 07:32:49 UTC
On Fri, 31 May 2019 00:21:00 +0100, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 30 May: Stephen Bowden and David the Omrud.
Happy birthday, David!
(And to Stephen, of blessed memory.)
Do you mean he is no longer alive, or just no longer a contributor to
UMRA?
He's still around on facebook where he acknowledged my birthday greeting
yesterday.
2019-05-31 07:56:19 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 30 May: Stephen Bowden and David the Omrud.
Happy birthday, David!
(And to Stephen, of blessed memory.)
Do you mean he is no longer alive, or just no longer a contributor to
UMRA?
Is there a difference?
2019-05-31 09:28:43 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 30 May: Stephen Bowden and David the Omrud.
Happy birthday, David!
(And to Stephen, of blessed memory.)
Do you mean he is no longer alive, or just no longer a contributor to
UMRA?
Is there a difference?
I won't let you know in due course.
2019-05-31 16:50:36 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 30 May: Stephen Bowden and David the Omrud.
Happy birthday, David!
(And to Stephen, of blessed memory.)
Do you mean he is no longer alive, or just no longer a contributor to
UMRA?
Is there a difference?
I won't let you know in due course.
[(-: to both.] Does that mean we're a sort of reverse Dignitas?

… too popular actually to be any good. - Alison Graham in Radio Times 2-8
February 2013
Nick Leverton
2019-05-31 09:37:01 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 30 May: Stephen Bowden and David the Omrud.
Happy birthday, David!
(And to Stephen, of blessed memory.)
Do you mean he is no longer alive, or just no longer a contributor to
UMRA?
Is there a difference?
Once an Umrat, always an Umrat ...

2019-05-31 10:14:51 UTC
Post by Nick Leverton
Once an Umrat, always an Umrat ...
Speaking of which, last night I enjoyed a splendid concert with
the Pasadena Roof Orchestra. Sadly I didn't get chance to speak
to Simon Townley, but the highlight of his performance was a sand
dance.

***@cdixon.me.uk @ChrisJDixon1
2019-05-31 11:11:39 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by Nick Leverton
Once an Umrat, always an Umrat ...
Speaking of which, last night I enjoyed a splendid concert with
the Pasadena Roof Orchestra. Sadly I didn't get chance to speak
to Simon Townley, but the highlight of his performance was a sand
dance.
Chris
We saw Stownley do that routine at The Hexagon in Reading some years back -
the old ones are the best ones!

Sincerely Chris
the Omrud
2019-05-31 11:11:25 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 30 May: Stephen Bowden and David the Omrud.
Thanks for the greetings! I'm afraid I am so unbelievably busy at the
moment that I don't get much time for UMRAtting.

We each have a very elderly parent with dementia. My mother is in a
care home 100 miles away (but only a mile from my sister's house);
she’s no longer aware of where she is, and only recognises me and my
sister. We’re getting her house ready to be sold. Meanwhile Wife’s dad
is living alone, 80 miles away in a different direction. He clearly has
dementia and probably can’t stay in his home for much longer. Together
they take up a lot of our time.

But just to make life properly difficult, we are in the throes of moving
house. We're just waiting for the paperwork to go through - we're
moving from South Warrington to a flat in Altrincham. Unfortunately,
because of differing requirements of our buyers and the seller of the
flat, we will have five or six weeks of homelessness. Under normal
circumstances we'd just have gone to our home in France for the summer,
but we can't leave my FiL for long.

It’s just as well that we are retired.
David
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2019-05-31 16:52:08 UTC
Post by the Omrud
Post by Birthday Monitor
[...]
[(-: to last lime] Sorry to hear your troubles. Best wishes.

… too popular actually to be any good. - Alison Graham in Radio Times 2-8
February 2013
the Omrud
David
Vicky Ayech
Can you stay with wife's dad or your mother for that time?
the Omrud
2019-06-02 22:22:03 UTC
Post by the Omrud
Post by Birthday Monitor
[...]
Not Mum - she's in a care home, and unfortunately we've just completly
emptied her house or we could have gone there (although it's three hours
drive from FiL). We will stay with FiL for some of the time but I think
Wife would go crazy if we stayed in his house for long. We've decided
to take him to our holiday villa in France for a couple of weeks, which
is a much more manageable environment. We're going to rent a cottage
within driving distance of his home for another couple of weeks. The
rest we will split between our children (although Daughter has a baby)
and a friend in Manchester. It will pass.
David
BrritSki
Indeed it will pass, but it's boodly tough while it's doing so. [hugs]
Vicky Ayech
2019-06-03 08:44:04 UTC
Post by the Omrud
Post by Vicky Ayech
Post by the Omrud
[...]
It's lovely that you have so many options to go to. I hope you
enjoy some pleasant visits.
Sam Plusnet
2019-06-03 23:33:47 UTC
Post by the Omrud
Post by Vicky Ayech
Post by Birthday Monitor
[...]
It never rains but...
As Churchill said.

"If you're going through hell. Keep going."
2019-06-04 07:49:54 UTC
Post by the Omrud
Post by Vicky Ayech
Post by Birthday Monitor
[...]
Here, grab my paw .......

Sincerely Chris

SODAM
2019-05-31 19:22:38 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 30 May: Stephen Bowden and David the Omrud.
Belated greetings, David the Omrud. I’m sorry I missed the day

It’s impossible to take one’s eye off umra for a day or two, even to
embellish one’s homestead for the estate agent’s pictures. Never seen the
place so clean and tidy, nor the local charity shops so full of my tatW^
merchandise.
--
SODAM
The thinking umrat’s choice for editor