Happy New Year!
2021-01-01 06:14:16 UTC
A Happy New Year to everyone.

The coming weeks don't look good at all, but let's hope that,
eventually, 2021 turns out better than 2020.
--
Sid
Paul Herber
2021-01-01 06:30:42 UTC
A Happy New Year to everyone.
The coming weeks don't look good at all, but let's hope that,
eventually, 2021 turns out better than 2020.
HNY to all from here as well.
(another year of absolutely no interest in what is happening in TA)
--
Regards, Paul Herber
https://www.paulherber.co.uk/
Mike McMillan
2021-01-01 08:37:22 UTC
Post by Paul Herber
Post by Sid Nuncius
A Happy New Year to everyone.
The coming weeks don't look good at all, but let's hope that,
eventually, 2021 turns out better than 2020.
HNY to all from here as well.
(another year of absolutely no interest in what is happening in TA)
Interest? Utter disinterest would be nearer the mark!
2021-01-01 09:45:47 UTC
On Fri, 01 Jan 2021 08:37:22 GMT, Mike McMillan
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Paul Herber
Post by Sid Nuncius
A Happy New Year to everyone.
The coming weeks don't look good at all, but let's hope that,
eventually, 2021 turns out better than 2020.
HNY to all from here as well.
(another year of absolutely no interest in what is happening in TA)
Interest? Utter disinterest would be nearer the mark!
Nope. That would be something else. DINTAFPOU?

Nick
Anne B
2021-01-01 10:16:25 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Paul Herber
Post by Sid Nuncius
A Happy New Year to everyone.
The coming weeks don't look good at all, but let's hope that,
eventually, 2021 turns out better than 2020.
HNY to all from here as well.
(another year of absolutely no interest in what is happening in TA)
Interest? Utter disinterest would be nearer the mark!
Nope. That would be something else. DINTAFPOU?
Nick
No, YDNNTAFPOU. You took the thought from my brain.

Anne B
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2021-01-02 01:32:47 UTC
Post by Anne B
Post by Nick Odell
On Fri, 01 Jan 2021 08:37:22 GMT, Mike McMillan
Post by Mike McMillan
On Fri, 1 Jan 2021 06:14:16 +0000, Sid Nuncius
Post by Sid Nuncius
A Happy New Year to everyone.
The coming weeks don't look good at all, but let's hope that,
eventually, 2021 turns out better than 2020.
Are you thinking 2021 doesn't look good for Kirsty, or for the rest of
us because of the new variant of the virus?

If the latter, I am cheered by the approval of the Oxford/AZ virus; it's
(a) cheap (b) UK made [I presume] (c) can be kept in an ordinary
'fridge. I just hope digits remain extracted and they get on with it.
(Can't help thinking a full lockdown - with proper furlough payment -
might speed it a bit [and not be _that_ psychologically damaging given
an end _is_ now in sight].)
Post by Anne B
Post by Nick Odell
Post by Mike McMillan
HNY to all from here as well.
(another year of absolutely no interest in what is happening in TA)
Oh, I sometimes _wish_ I could go cold turkey.
Post by Anne B
Post by Nick Odell
Post by Mike McMillan
Interest? Utter disinterest would be nearer the mark!
Nope. That would be something else. DINTAFPOU?
Nick
No, YDNNTAFPOU. You took the thought from my brain.
As a P, I see too many Ns there ...
Post by Anne B
Anne B
John G

Parkinson: "What caused your conversion to women - was it the love of a good
one?" George Melly: "No the love of several bad ones" (Lizbuff in UMRA
'01-4-25)
John Ashby
2021-01-02 06:45:05 UTC
Post by Anne B
Post by Anne B
Post by Nick Odell
Post by Mike McMillan
Interest? Utter disinterest would be nearer the mark!
 Nope. That would be something else. DINTAFPOU?
 Nick
No, YDNNTAFPOU. You took the thought from my brain.
As a P, I see too many Ns there ...
Post by Anne B
Anne B
John G
Do Not Need

john
Anne B
2021-01-02 13:15:01 UTC
Post by Anne B
Post by Anne B
Post by Nick Odell
Post by Mike McMillan
Interest? Utter disinterest would be nearer the mark!
 Nope. That would be something else. DINTAFPOU?
 Nick
No, YDNNTAFPOU. You took the thought from my brain.
As a P, I see too many Ns there ...
Post by Anne B
Anne B
John G
.... do Not Need to .... the number of Ns is perfectly correct. As
another P I resent the asparagus being cast on my impeccable use of the
language.

Anne B
BrritSki
2021-01-02 13:28:08 UTC
Post by Anne B
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Post by Anne B
No, YDNNTAFPOU. You took the thought from my brain.
As a P, I see too many Ns there ...
.... do Not Need to .... the number of Ns is perfectly correct. As
another P I resent the asparagus being cast on my impeccable use of the
language.
Agree on the Ps, and your impeccable use of the language, but
nasturtiums rather than asparagus shirley ?
Anne B
2021-01-02 18:53:49 UTC
Post by Anne B
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Post by Anne B
No, YDNNTAFPOU. You took the thought from my brain.
As a P, I see too many Ns there ...
.... do Not Need to .... the number of Ns is perfectly correct. As
another P I resent the asparagus being cast on my impeccable use of
the language.
Agree on the Ps, and your impeccable use of the language, but
nasturtiums rather than asparagus shirley ?
I prefer asparagus because it's more expensive.

I wonder what a hybrid between those two veg would taste like? And would
one use Nasturtium officinale (Watercress) or garden nasturtiums
(Tropaeolum majus)?

Anne B
Sam Plusnet
2021-01-02 20:49:37 UTC
Post by Anne B
Nasturtium officinale (Watercress)
Anne I am indebted to you.
Having learned the proper binomial name of watercress, I feel better
equipped to face whatever 2021 has in store for us all.
2021-01-02 21:49:16 UTC
Post by Anne B
Post by BrritSki
Post by Anne B
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Post by Anne B
No, YDNNTAFPOU. You took the thought from my brain.
As a P, I see too many Ns there ...
.... do Not Need to .... the number of Ns is perfectly correct. As
another P I resent the asparagus being cast on my impeccable use of
the language.
Agree on the Ps, and your impeccable use of the language, but
nasturtiums rather than asparagus shirley ?
I prefer asparagus because it's more expensive.
I wonder what a hybrid between those two veg would taste like? And would
one use Nasturtium officinale (Watercress) or garden nasturtiums
(Tropaeolum majus)?
Anne B
Ah! So one is a watercress... and the other is a ‘watercolour’(er).
2021-01-03 09:44:40 UTC
Post by Anne B
Post by BrritSki
Post by Anne B
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Post by Anne B
No, YDNNTAFPOU. You took the thought from my brain.
As a P, I see too many Ns there ...
.... do Not Need to .... the number of Ns is perfectly correct. As
another P I resent the asparagus being cast on my impeccable use of
the language.
Agree on the Ps, and your impeccable use of the language, but
nasturtiums rather than asparagus shirley ?
I prefer asparagus because it's more expensive.
I wonder what a hybrid between those two veg would taste like? And would
one use Nasturtium officinale (Watercress) or garden nasturtiums
(Tropaeolum majus)?
Definitely the latter as very few people would know that watercress was
a nasturtium....

Mike McMillan
2021-01-01 10:18:17 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Paul Herber
Post by Sid Nuncius
A Happy New Year to everyone.
The coming weeks don't look good at all, but let's hope that,
eventually, 2021 turns out better than 2020.
HNY to all from here as well.
(another year of absolutely no interest in what is happening in TA)
Interest? Utter disinterest would be nearer the mark!
Nope. That would be something else. DINTAFPOU?
Nick
No, I have no vested interest in any of the story lines this last year - I
found the monologues particularly drab, back-biting and they gave me
nothing other than annoyance - I stopped listening then and since the small
group recordings have returned, I can’t say I have felt any compulsion to
listen to the current themes. I have continued to listen but, it lacks a
certain something still, I stand by ‘disinterest’ Nick. ;-)))
2021-01-01 11:19:09 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Paul Herber
Post by Sid Nuncius
A Happy New Year to everyone.
The coming weeks don't look good at all, but let's hope that,
eventually, 2021 turns out better than 2020.
HNY to all from here as well.
(another year of absolutely no interest in what is happening in TA)
Interest? Utter disinterest would be nearer the mark!
Nope. That would be something else. DINTAFPOU?
Nick
No, I have no vested interest in any of the story lines this last year - I
found the monologues particularly drab, back-biting and they gave me
nothing other than annoyance - I stopped listening then and since the small
group recordings have returned, I can’t say I have felt any compulsion to
listen to the current themes. I have continued to listen but, it lacks a
certain something still, I stand by ‘disinterest’ Nick. ;-)))
Unlike moi for whom a group of my VI friends are forever grateful to me, I
think they’ve long forgotten my usenet use as I pass on the text of the
articles you lot post. One or two pick my brains post epis via landline
even!

Having said that, Covid has killed or two people’s interest who have
listened since they have been able to since leaving school in the 1960s
giving me a good 15 years listening.

2021-01-01 11:19:07 UTC
Post by Paul Herber
Post by Sid Nuncius
A Happy New Year to everyone.
The coming weeks don't look good at all, but let's hope that,
eventually, 2021 turns out better than 2020.
HNY to all from here as well.
(another year of absolutely no interest in what is happening in TA)
The Woman’s Hour was definitely worth hearing. Although in some ways it is
a bit like seeing photos of their best friends.

Sincerely Chris
Peter
2021-01-01 08:08:54 UTC
A Happy New Year to everyone.
And too you, or tou yoo.
Post by Sid Nuncius
The coming weeks don't look good at all, but let's hope that,
eventually, 2021 turns out better than 2020.
--
When, once, reference was made to a statesman almost universally
recognized as one of the villains of this century, in order to
Ernst Specker on Paul Bernays
Vicky Ayech
2021-01-01 08:20:34 UTC
A Happy New Year to everyone.
The coming weeks don't look good at all, but let's hope that,
eventually, 2021 turns out better than 2020.
Well, 2020 ended badly but with minor annoyances for me compared to a
friend I heard about last night. I second your hope for 2021 and best
wishes for everyone.
Nick Odell
2021-01-01 10:08:53 UTC
On Fri, 01 Jan 2021 08:20:34 +0000, Vicky Ayech
A Happy New Year to everyone.
The coming weeks don't look good at all, but let's hope that,
eventually, 2021 turns out better than 2020.
Well, 2020 ended badly but with minor annoyances for me compared to a
friend I heard about last night. I second your hope for 2021 and best
wishes for everyone.
I'm not absolutely certain I know how 2020 ended. Some nice mulled
wine whilst cooking, a cool G&T before dinner, a glass or two with the
salmon and an -erme- fortified fruit salad for desert. An 11pm toast
in brandy to absenting friends[1] and another in whiskey for the New
Year at midnight. Did I miss anything?

It's one of those paradoxes but some of the happiest times in my life
have occurred during periods when I've been at my most unhappy.
Likewise, during an undeniably shit 2020 for the world, beautiful and
special things happened and it's important not to have missed them.

My wish for all umrats everywhere is lots more beautiful and special
and a little less shit in 2021

Nick
[1]Railway carriage relativity applies here.
Chris
2021-01-01 11:19:08 UTC
[...]
You couldn’t have made yours up. Once upon a time you’ve have been given
null points!

2021-01-01 08:26:55 UTC
A Happy New Year to everyone.
The coming weeks don't look good at all, but let's hope that,
eventually, 2021 turns out better than 2020.
HNYTAU
2021-01-01 09:12:02 UTC
Happy new year to you all from me, as well!
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy
enough people to make it worth the effort. (Herm Albright)
Jenny M Benson
2021-01-01 10:08:02 UTC
Happy new year to you all from me, as well!
And from me likewise too also.
2021-01-01 13:07:40 UTC
Happy new year to you all from me, as well!
And from me likewise too also.
And from here too.
2021-01-01 13:32:05 UTC
A Happy New Year to everyone.
The coming weeks don't look good at all, but let's hope that,
eventually, 2021 turns out better than 2020.
And to all of you too.