BTMS
Add Reply
Steve Hague
2018-11-17 16:01:06 UTC
There's an elephant in the umra lounge. And perhaps a hippo in the garden.
2018-11-17 16:12:38 UTC
Post by Steve Hague
There's an elephant in the umra lounge. And perhaps a hippo in the garden.
Steve
Does Lynda (Snell) know about this? Constanza may feel a little put out!

How are you Mrs. Bottoms?
2018-11-17 16:33:52 UTC
Post by Steve Hague
There's an elephant in the umra lounge. And perhaps a hippo in the garden.
Steve
Does Lynda (Snell) know about this? Constanza may feel a little put out!
How are you Mrs. Bottoms?
Seeing the odd Tweet, sometimes very odd. But much less than there were.
2018-11-17 18:18:21 UTC
Post by Steve Hague
There's an elephant in the umra lounge. And perhaps a hippo in the garden.
Steve
Does Lynda (Snell) know about this? Constanza may feel a little put out!
How are you Mrs. Bottoms?
Seeing the odd Tweet, sometimes very odd. But much less than there were.
And very occasional postings on Facebook, but likewise, not as many as
there were. I don't do Twitter.
2018-11-17 18:28:28 UTC
Post by Steve Hague
There's an elephant in the umra lounge. And perhaps a hippo in the garden.
Steve
Does Lynda (Snell) know about this? Constanza may feel a little put out!
How are you Mrs. Bottoms?
Seeing the odd Tweet, sometimes very odd.  But much less than there were.
I've had a little email correspondence with Bottoms, but have no
definite info. I always say to her - and mean it - that there is no
need for any response because she's finding typing increasingly
difficult. Her replies were rather hard to understand and she didn't
respond to my last "thinking of you" email a couple of weeks ago, so I
imagine that things aren't good.

The brutal truth[1] is that there is only one end to this and it may
come fairly soon, although there's no telling. Linda knows this and is
showing truly admirable fortitude and acceptance in the face of it, IMO.

I miss her here.

I hope I haven't betrayed any confidences in saying this. I know that
umrats are genuinely concerned about Linda; I say it in a spirit of care
and not as any sort of idle gossip.

[1]In everyone's reality, I'm afraid.
2018-11-17 18:48:36 UTC
Post by Steve Hague
[...]
Well put, Sid.

I haven't heard from her directly for the last ten days but she tweeted
earlier today, briefly but coherently. She responds quite often to Keri.
2018-11-17 21:42:22 UTC
On Sat, 17 Nov 2018 18:28:28 +0000, Sid Nuncius
Post by Steve Hague
[...]
She has been very open about what is happeneing. I didn't expect it to
be this fast :(
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2018-11-17 22:06:29 UTC
In message <***@4ax.com>, Vicky Ayech
<***@gmail.com> writes:
She has been very open about what is happeneing. I didn't expect it to
be this fast :(
+1 (to both points). I hope a miracle happens.

While no one was paying attention, weather reports became accurate and the
news became fiction. Did not see that coming. - Scott Adams, 2015