OT: Maybe of interest to rugger-buggers
2020-11-17 11:38:10 UTC
Rugby Tickets
Anyone interested?
Rugby tickets : Lions v Springboks; Cape Town
2nd Test - 31 July 2021
This may be of interest to one of you. A friend of mine has two tickets
in a corporate box for Lions v SA. He paid £300 each, but he didn't
realise when he bought them that it was going to be the same day as his
Covid 19 postponed wedding. If you are interested, he is looking for
someone to take his place.
It's at Pontypridd Registry Office, at 4.30pm. The Bride's name is
Megan, she's 5'4", about 8 stone, quite pretty, has her own income and
is a really good cook.
Mike McMillan
2020-11-17 11:48:44 UTC
Rugby Tickets
Anyone interested?
Rugby tickets : Lions v Springboks; Cape Town
2nd Test - 31 July 2021
This may be of interest to one of you. A friend of mine has two tickets
in a corporate box for Lions v SA. He paid £300 each, but he didn't
realise when he bought them that it was going to be the same day as his
Covid 19 postponed wedding. If you are interested, he is looking for
someone to take his place.
It's at Pontypridd Registry Office, at 4.30pm. The Bride's name is
Megan, she's 5'4", about 8 stone, quite pretty, has her own income and
is a really good cook.
Is he the Mayor of Casterbridge? ;-)))
2020-11-17 12:41:52 UTC
On Tue, 17 Nov 2020 11:38:10 +0000, BrritSki
Post by BrritSki
Rugby Tickets
Anyone interested?
Rugby tickets : Lions v Springboks; Cape Town
2nd Test - 31 July 2021
This may be of interest to one of you. A friend of mine has two tickets
in a corporate box for Lions v SA. He paid £300 each, but he didn't
realise when he bought them that it was going to be the same day as his
Covid 19 postponed wedding. If you are interested, he is looking for
someone to take his place.
It's at Pontypridd Registry Office, at 4.30pm. The Bride's name is
Megan, she's 5'4", about 8 stone, quite pretty, has her own income and
is a really good cook.
<grin> Now, if it were Pumas vs All Blacks it could have been Liliana
leaving me standing at the altar!

2020-11-17 13:38:34 UTC
Post by BrritSki
Rugby Tickets
Anyone interested?
Rugby tickets : Lions v Springboks; Cape Town
2nd Test - 31 July 2021
This may be of interest to one of you. A friend of mine has two tickets
in a corporate box for Lions v SA. He paid £300 each, but he didn't
realise when he bought them that it was going to be the same day as his
Covid 19 postponed wedding. If you are interested, he is looking for
someone to take his place.
It's at Pontypridd Registry Office, at 4.30pm. The Bride's name is
Megan, she's 5'4", about 8 stone, quite pretty, has her own income and
is a really good cook.
<grin> Now, if it were Pumas vs All Blacks it could have been Liliana
leaving me standing at the altar!
I bet she was over the moon last weekend. I know I was :)

Is there something else you want to tell us though Nick ?
Nick Odell
2020-11-17 19:02:37 UTC
On Tue, 17 Nov 2020 13:38:34 +0000, BrritSki
Post by BrritSki
Rugby Tickets
Anyone interested?
Rugby tickets : Lions v Springboks; Cape Town
2nd Test - 31 July 2021
This may be of interest to one of you. A friend of mine has two tickets
in a corporate box for Lions v SA. He paid £300 each, but he didn't
realise when he bought them that it was going to be the same day as his
Covid 19 postponed wedding. If you are interested, he is looking for
someone to take his place.
It's at Pontypridd Registry Office, at 4.30pm. The Bride's name is
Megan, she's 5'4", about 8 stone, quite pretty, has her own income and
is a really good cook.
<grin> Now, if it were Pumas vs All Blacks it could have been Liliana
leaving me standing at the altar!
I bet she was over the moon last weekend. I know I was :)
Is there something else you want to tell us though Nick ?
:-)

Nothing to see here: move along now please.

2020-11-17 16:06:32 UTC
Post by BrritSki
[...]
Au contraire !

A great match [1], to be seen here in all its glory if you missed it on
Saturday. A very well deserved victory...

[1] See what I did there ?
Nick Odell
2020-11-17 22:44:44 UTC
On Tue, 17 Nov 2020 16:06:32 +0000, BrritSki
Post by BrritSki
[...]
http://youtu.be/HeDcssYXt64
[1] See what I did there ?
Yes it was excellent and Argentina is thrilled. I have been saying for
some time that the big rugby names had better watch out because
Argentina seem to be getting better and better and more and more
confident.

One thing I think Rugby and Cricket have in common is that the fans
seem happy to admire really good play even from the opposing team.
Sometimes especially from the opposing team!

2020-11-17 21:37:09 UTC
On Tue, 17 Nov 2020 at 19:44:44, Nick Odell
<***@themusicworkshop.plus.com> wrote:
Yes it was excellent and Argentina is thrilled. I have been saying for
some time that the big rugby names had better watch out because
Argentina seem to be getting better and better and more and more
confident.
I remember during the Falklands whateveryoucallit, certain Welsh
regiments finding the Arg. POWs were very like them - basically from
valleys and rugby-mad.
Post by Nick Odell
One thing I think Rugby and Cricket have in common is that the fans
seem happy to admire really good play even from the opposing team.
Agreed.

If something works, thank an engineer. (Reported seen on a bumper sticker.)
Steve Hague
Why wouldn't you admire excellence, even when it's from the opposition?
Nick Odell
2020-11-20 06:14:27 UTC
Post by Nick Odell
Sometimes especially from the opposing team!
Nick
Why wouldn't you admire excellence, even when it's from the opposition?
I agree. But then I'm not a football supporter.