Mindlessness
2020-08-25 21:58:44 UTC
In passing the other day when contemplating our next holiday sojourn the
good lady wife suggested (I am not sure why) buying a DVD called Salt -
Angelina Jolie being the lead. I demurred but then at the weekend noted
that it was on the tellybox system this week (apparently we can receive
Sony Movies without parting with additional money - who knew?).

It was duly recorded and has now been watched, mainly on the grounds
that there seems to be a slight lack of real television at present.

Well if you like Miss Jolie running around killing people then do watch
it otherwise I am not sure I can recommend it at all.

But it passed a couple of hours and was probably better than whatever
was on the wireless at 7:02pm this evening. At least I can rejoice in
knowing that I saved the cost of the DVD.
2020-08-26 02:04:32 UTC
On Tue, 25 Aug 2020 at 22:58:44, krw <***@whitnet.uk> wrote:
[]
weekend noted that it was on the tellybox system this week (apparently
we can receive Sony Movies without parting with additional money - who
knew?).
[]
I don't part with any money beyond the licence fee anyway, but sounded
familiar so I checked with last week's Radio Times, and confirmed that
it's on FreeView:

32 Sony Movies
60 Sony Movies +1 (limited hours)
40 Sony Movies Action

and I've just confirmed I can indeed get the first and third (maybe I'm
outside the limited hours for the +1 version).

If mankind minus one were of one opinion, then mankind is no more justified in
silencing the one than the one - if he had the power - would be justified in
silencing mankind. -John Stuart Mill, philosopher and economist (1806-1873)