Oh no...
Peter
2020-07-26 17:36:56 UTC
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-53539789

Runswick Bay named as Britain's best beach, how stupid is that? Not
stupid because it's false but stupid because people will now flock there
and drop their litter.

This https://www.bbc.co.uk/ has at the moment (I assume it changes
daily) a headline 'Unspoilt beauty spot named Britain's best beach'.
Unspoilt not for much longer.
Jenny M Benson
2020-07-26 18:37:56 UTC
Post by Peter
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-53539789
Runswick Bay named as Britain's best beach, how stupid is that?  Not
stupid because it's false but stupid because people will now flock there
and drop their litter.
This https://www.bbc.co.uk/ has at the moment (I assume it changes
daily) a headline 'Unspoilt beauty spot named Britain's best beach'.
Unspoilt not for much longer.
Many, MANY years ago (can't get more precise than between 1952 and 1960)
an acquaintance told my family about a lovely beach we might care to
visit, which was very little known about and very quiet. He suddenly
realised what he was doing, looked a bit shamefaced and said "there's me
saying no one knows about it and I'm telling you!" He was dead right
about it, on all counts.
Wrexham, UK
Peter
2020-07-26 19:43:38 UTC
Post by Peter
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-53539789
Runswick Bay named as Britain's best beach, how stupid is that?  Not
stupid because it's false but stupid because people will now flock
there and drop their litter.
This https://www.bbc.co.uk/ has at the moment (I assume it changes
daily) a headline 'Unspoilt beauty spot named Britain's best beach'.
Unspoilt not for much longer.
Many, MANY years ago (can't get more precise than between 1952 and 1960)
an acquaintance told my family about a lovely beach we might care to
visit, which was very little known about and very quiet.  He suddenly
realised what he was doing, looked a bit shamefaced and said "there's me
saying no one knows about it and I'm telling you!"  He was dead right
about it, on all counts.
If North Yorkshire has some sunshine in the next few days, each of those
days will end with the beach under a carpet of litter.

James Mason, chief executive of Welcome to Yorkshire, [...] said the
area only has 80 parking spaces which helps ensure it remains a peaceful
place to visit and prevents it becoming too crowded.

What a misguided fellow he is. After the car park fills up, Runswick
Lane and Ellerby Lane will be nought but car parks stretching all the
way back to the A174.

James Mason? I thought he'd died years ago.