Mad cat lady
2019-10-28 16:55:24 UTC
Has Ambridge ever had a mad cat lady? I'm thinking it's a role Kate could
be ready to adopt, along with all Hilda's kittens.

There was an MCL in the village my parents used to live in over 10 years
ago. She had about a dozen cats and as her garden backed onto my parents'
garden dad did what he could to keep the cats out. She objected to this
and dad pointed out he didn't like finding cat poo in the vegetable
patch. Her reply was "If you leave it to dry for a few days it's easy to
move. That's what I do when they do it in the house."
2019-10-28 17:54:56 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Has Ambridge ever had a mad cat lady? I'm thinking it's a role Kate could
be ready to adopt, along with all Hilda's kittens.
There was an MCL in the village my parents used to live in over 10 years
ago. She had about a dozen cats and as her garden backed onto my parents'
garden dad did what he could to keep the cats out. She objected to this
and dad pointed out he didn't like finding cat poo in the vegetable
patch. Her reply was "If you leave it to dry for a few days it's easy to
move. That's what I do when they do it in the house."
But I don’t suppose your Dad wanted to hurt her felines...
2019-10-28 18:53:40 UTC
On 28 Oct 2019 16:55:24 GMT, Jim Easterbrook <***@jim-easterbrook.me.uk>
scrawled in the dust...
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Has Ambridge ever had a mad cat lady? I'm thinking it's a role Kate could
be ready to adopt, along with all Hilda's kittens.
There was an MCL in the village my parents used to live in over 10 years
ago. She had about a dozen cats and as her garden backed onto my parents'
garden dad did what he could to keep the cats out. She objected to this
and dad pointed out he didn't like finding cat poo in the vegetable
patch. Her reply was "If you leave it to dry for a few days it's easy to
move. That's what I do when they do it in the house."
The MCL in my Kent village didn't actually own more than one cat (possibly
not even one). She used to kidnap other people's cats and hold them against
their will. Whenever a friend's cat disappeared for more than 36 hours she
would call out MCL's daughter to come over and investigate/liberate any
cats found inside her mother's house.

Mined ewe, I gave house and garden room to one cat which belonged to the
same friend for a while - giving it house room was entirely inadvertent. We
had no pets at the time and I had noticed this beautiful long-haired
creature was making itself comfortable in my garden most days.

On one hot night that summer I had left the landing window open when I went
to bed. I dreamt I was stroking a cat and woke up to find I was. Quite how
it managed to get in through that window I don't know but it was after that
I realised where it lived and was told it was staying away from home, apart
from quick visits for meals, because the household had acquired a puppy and
Orwell the cat disapproved.
2019-10-28 20:18:58 UTC
In message <***@4ax.com>, Penny
<***@labyrinth.freeuk.com> writes:
to bed. I dreamt I was stroking a cat and woke up to find I was. Quite how
[]
That is positively surreal. (And I envy you - both the dream and the
waking.)

Electricians do it 'till it Hz.
Sam Plusnet
2019-10-28 19:50:35 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Has Ambridge ever had a mad cat lady? I'm thinking it's a role Kate could
be ready to adopt, along with all Hilda's kittens.
I can't recall one. There was "The Dog Woman", as labelled by Joe.
2019-10-28 20:19:41 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Has Ambridge ever had a mad cat lady? I'm thinking it's a role Kate could
be ready to adopt, along with all Hilda's kittens.
I can't recall one. There was "The Dog Woman", as labelled by Joe.
I remember his using that, but not who: was it L*nda?

Electricians do it 'till it Hz.
Jim Easterbrook
2019-10-28 20:48:04 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Has Ambridge ever had a mad cat lady? I'm thinking it's a role Kate
could be ready to adopt, along with all Hilda's kittens.
I can't recall one. There was "The Dog Woman", as labelled by Joe.
I remember his using that, but not who: was it L*nda?
Marjorie Antrobus, wasn't it? The one whose husband had shot all the
tigers in Africa.
2019-10-28 21:32:38 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Has Ambridge ever had a mad cat lady? I'm thinking it's a role Kate
could be ready to adopt, along with all Hilda's kittens.
I can't recall one. There was "The Dog Woman", as labelled by Joe.
I remember his using that, but not who: was it L*nda?
Marjorie Antrobus, wasn't it? The one whose husband had shot all the
tigers in Africa.
Of course. How rapidly we forget. IIRR, despite calling her that, Joe
quite respected her.

Being punctual makes people think you have nothing to do.
Sid Nuncius
2019-10-29 06:26:36 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Has Ambridge ever had a mad cat lady? I'm thinking it's a role Kate
could be ready to adopt, along with all Hilda's kittens.
I can't recall one. There was "The Dog Woman", as labelled by Joe.
I remember his using that, but not who: was it L*nda?
Marjorie Antrobus, wasn't it? The one whose husband had shot all the
tigers in Africa.
Indeed. In her time, the Second Greatest Living Englishwoman (after
Charlotte Green, of course). They read out my email saying this on
Feedback, so it must be true.

There aren't any tigers in Africa, btw. The place to hunt tigers is Out
In Indiah:

2019-10-29 07:24:16 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Has Ambridge ever had a mad cat lady? I'm thinking it's a role Kate
could be ready to adopt, along with all Hilda's kittens.
I can't recall one.  There was "The Dog Woman", as labelled by Joe.
I remember his using that, but not who: was it L*nda?
Marjorie Antrobus, wasn't it? The one whose husband had shot all the
tigers in Africa.
Indeed.  In her time, the Second Greatest Living Englishwoman (after
Charlotte Green, of course).  They read out my email saying this on
Feedback, so it must be true.
There aren't any tigers in Africa, btw.
That'll be because Antrobus shot them all.

2019-10-29 07:28:32 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Has Ambridge ever had a mad cat lady? I'm thinking it's a role Kate
could be ready to adopt, along with all Hilda's kittens.
I can't recall one.  There was "The Dog Woman", as labelled by Joe.
I remember his using that, but not who: was it L*nda?
Marjorie Antrobus, wasn't it? The one whose husband had shot all the
tigers in Africa.
Indeed.  In her time, the Second Greatest Living Englishwoman (after
Charlotte Green, of course).  They read out my email saying this on
Feedback, so it must be true.
There aren't any tigers in Africa, btw.
I know that, and I rather hoped you'd know that I know that.
Post by John Ashby
That'll be because Antrobus shot them all.
A joke made in UMRA after Marjorie had mentioned tiger hunting. I
remember the joke being made but not who made it. If the original author
would like to make themselves known...
2019-10-29 07:52:59 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Sid Nuncius
There aren't any tigers in Africa, btw.
I know that, and I rather hoped you'd know that I know that.
Sorry, Jim - of course you did. It was early in the morning, I wanted
to get in the Bonzo reference and wasn't thinking very clearly. My
apologies.
2019-10-29 07:56:52 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Sid Nuncius
There aren't any tigers in Africa, btw.
I know that, and I rather hoped you'd know that I know that.
Sorry, Jim - of course you did. It was early in the morning, I wanted
to get in the Bonzo reference and wasn't thinking very clearly. My
apologies.
And I apologise for being so grumpy. Of course I know the Bonzo song and
am often to be found singing it to myself.
2019-10-29 14:13:25 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Has Ambridge ever had a mad cat lady? I'm thinking it's a role Kate
could be ready to adopt, along with all Hilda's kittens.
I can't recall one. There was "The Dog Woman", as labelled by Joe.
I remember his using that, but not who: was it L*nda?
Marjorie Antrobus, wasn't it? The one whose husband had shot all the
tigers in Africa.
Yes, Marjorie. She had dogs before Lynda did.

Sincerely Chris

Tony Smith Gloucestershire
2019-10-28 22:06:50 UTC
Back in the spring we stayed in a Mad Cat Hotel on La Palma Island in the Canaries. Dozens of cats in the grounds, though well enough trained not to enter the buildings.
Mike
2019-10-29 08:58:29 UTC
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
Back in the spring we stayed in a Mad Cat Hotel on La Palma Island in the
Canaries. Dozens of cats in the grounds, though well enough trained not
to enter the buildings.
So you weren’t tempted to put the cats amongst the canaries?
2019-10-29 09:45:25 UTC
On Mon, 28 Oct 2019 15:06:50 -0700 (PDT), Tony Smith Gloucestershire
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
Back in the spring we stayed in a Mad Cat Hotel on La Palma Island in the Canaries. Dozens of cats in the grounds, though well enough trained not to enter the buildings.
In about 1990 we visitied Ernest Hemmingway's house in Key West and
lots of cats lived there.