Totally O/T but buses.
2018-10-20 13:46:42 UTC
Anyrat travelling around the Reading bus service area will have noticed we
have a fleet with many colour and animal themes for different routes; our
own area is supposedly served by ‘Little Oranges’ though in practice, many
of the buses are grey or red, white, bronze etc. The one that has me a
little foxed is the one and only painted to look a little like a Friesian
cow (there, not totally without a TA reference!) this particular bus is gas
driven and the only thing I can think of for relevancy is that perhaps it
is methane gas from a farmyard. Reading Bus’s idea of a joke maybe?
2018-10-20 14:07:18 UTC
Just found this: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-32801974
2018-10-20 14:09:54 UTC
And this: https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/579583/Bus-Reading-manure
Flop
2018-10-20 16:13:07 UTC
Anyrat travelling around the Reading bus service area will have noticed we
have a fleet with many colour and animal themes for different routes; our
own area is supposedly served by ‘Little Oranges’ though in practice, many
of the buses are grey or red, white, bronze etc. The one that has me a
little foxed is the one and only painted to look a little like a Friesian
cow (there, not totally without a TA reference!) this particular bus is gas
driven and the only thing I can think of for relevancy is that perhaps it
is methane gas from a farmyard. Reading Bus’s idea of a joke maybe?
I am not a great fan of Reading but I do love their buses.
Reading Buses is owned by the council so profits do not go to overpaid
executives or shareholders.

It does try to relate to the community.

There are a number of 'special' buses including a local bus for Olympic
diver Chris Mears.

https://www.getreading.co.uk/news/reading-berkshire-news/reading-olympic-hero-chris-mears-12117385

I just wish that they they would take over Thames Travel. In one day
they cancelled 84 journeys. Many commuters have complained that their
jobs are at risk for repeated lateness.

My only grumble is that they have two 'animal' routes (Lion and
Leopard). The Lion has two routes from Bracknell to Reading but by
halfway the 15 minutes departure frequency has disappeared. It has been
suggested that the terminus be renamed the Ark as the 'animals' go in
two by two.
--
Flop

I find it ironic that the colours red, white, and blue stand for freedom
until they are flashing behind you
Mike
2018-10-20 16:38:47 UTC
Post by Flop
Post by Mike
[...]
There’s also a new ‘kit on the block’ the Tiger, this No:9 serves Whitley.
2018-10-20 16:47:41 UTC
Post by Flop
Post by Mike
[...]
Oops! Sorry, my mistake, tigers are No: 7’s going to and from Riseley.
2018-10-22 06:58:28 UTC
Post by Flop
Post by Mike
[...]
And Fleet, a route bought tom another bus coy. Tiger, fleet of foot? I
thought that was cheetah.

2018-10-22 07:34:04 UTC
Post by Flop
Post by Mike
[...]
Sincerely Chris
Are you really cat agorical in saying that?
2018-10-22 18:19:15 UTC
Post by Flop
Post by Mike
[...]
From. I was rushing. Too many things, not enough time

Sincerely Chris
Clive Arthur
2018-10-22 21:12:08 UTC
Post by Flop
Post by Mike
[...]
That's neat.

Cheers
Clive
John Ashby
2018-10-22 21:57:34 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
Post by Flop
Post by Mike
[...]
Here's mud in your eye.

2018-10-22 23:10:52 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
That's neat.
Here's mud in your eye.
That's right, that's right.
2018-10-23 06:22:12 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
And Fleet, a route bought tom another bus coy. Tiger, fleet of foot?  I
thought that was cheetah.
That's neat.
You're just trying to muddy the waters.
Nah, he put a tiger in your tank.
Mike
2018-10-23 07:52:02 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
And Fleet, a route bought tom another bus coy. Tiger, fleet of foot?  I
thought that was cheetah.
That's neat.
You're just trying to muddy the waters.
Nah, he put a tiger in your tank.
But who put the ‘T’ in Britain?
2018-10-23 09:03:05 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
And Fleet, a route bought tom another bus coy. Tiger, fleet of foot?  I
thought that was cheetah.
That's neat.
You're just trying to muddy the waters.
Nah, he put a tiger in your tank.
But who put the ‘T’ in Britain?
Who put the bomp in the bomp bah bomp bah bomp?
http://jennygenes.blogspot.co.uk/
Sid Nuncius
2018-10-23 09:15:22 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
And Fleet, a route bought tom another bus coy. Tiger, fleet of foot?  I
thought that was cheetah.
That's neat.
You're just trying to muddy the waters.
Nah, he put a tiger in your tank.
But who put the ‘T’ in Britain?
Who put the bomp in the bomp bah bomp bah bomp?
Or, indeed, the Ram in the Ram-a-lam-a-ding-dong?

Great song, but hard to believe the man who wrote and sang it was the
same person who, with his wife, wrote You've Lost That Lovin'Feeling and
We Gotta To Get Out Of This Place (and so many others).

And, btw, it is one of the great regrets of my life that I never had a
girl called either Ram-a-lam-a-lamalama-ding-dong or Bony Moronie.
But did you have a boy named Sue ?
Nick Odell
2018-10-23 14:23:56 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
And Fleet, a route bought tom another bus coy. Tiger, fleet of foot?  I
thought that was cheetah.
That's neat.
You're just trying to muddy the waters.
Nah, he put a tiger in your tank.
But who put the ‘T’ in Britain?
Who put the bomp in the bomp bah bomp bah bomp?
Or, indeed, the Ram in the Ram-a-lam-a-ding-dong?
Great song, but hard to believe the man who wrote and sang it was the
same person who, with his wife, wrote You've Lost That Lovin'Feeling
and We Gotta To Get Out Of This Place (and so many others).
And, btw, it is one of the great regrets of my life that I never had a
girl called either Ram-a-lam-a-lamalama-ding-dong or Bony Moronie.
But did you have a boy named Sue ?
Sadly, I never had a boy named Sue: perhaps that's why they call me Mr
Pitiful. (He says, bringing the subject back to Redding, if not to buses)

Nick
Clive Arthur
2018-10-23 15:12:28 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
[...]
Maybe not on a bus, but Redding would give you a lift. But not to lunch
with his daughter.

Cheers
Clive
Jenny M Benson
2018-10-23 18:03:36 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
And Fleet, a route bought tom another bus coy. Tiger, fleet of foot?  I
thought that was cheetah.
That's neat.
You're just trying to muddy the waters.
Nah, he put a tiger in your tank.
But who put the ‘T’ in Britain?
Who put the bomp in the bomp bah bomp bah bomp?
Or, indeed, the Ram in the Ram-a-lam-a-ding-dong?
Great song, but hard to believe the man who wrote and sang it was the
same person who, with his wife, wrote You've Lost That Lovin'Feeling
and We Gotta To Get Out Of This Place (and so many others).
And, btw, it is one of the great regrets of my life that I never had
a girl called either Ram-a-lam-a-lamalama-ding-dong or Bony Moronie.
But did you have a boy named Sue ?
Sadly, I never had a boy named Sue: perhaps that's why they call me Mr
Pitiful. (He says, bringing the subject back to Redding, if not to buses)
Oh, 'tis time someone did.
http://jennygenes.blogspot.co.uk/
Chris McMillan
2018-10-20 17:28:59 UTC
Post by Flop
Post by Mike
[...]
To which add the Tiger - but that a bought out service. Forget the
originating company now. Fleet to Reading