So Farewell then...
2019-12-22 11:13:28 UTC
On Sat, 21 Dec 2019 20:49:34 +0000, BrritSki
Martin Peters
1966 World Cup Hero
And only 76
Still 10 years ahead of his time
Go well, sir.

Not a great fan of footie but still 1966 is one of my Dallas/World
Trade Centre moments and I clearly remember watching in awe on a
black-and-white telly in the holiday chalet at Eccles Beach.[1]

Nick
[1]Which was almost made famous by Martha and the Muffins
krw
2019-12-22 15:15:45 UTC
On Sat, 21 Dec 2019 20:49:34 +0000, BrritSki
Martin Peters
1966 World Cup Hero
And only 76
Still 10 years ahead of his time
Go well, sir.
Not a great fan of footie but still 1966 is one of my Dallas/World
Trade Centre moments and I clearly remember watching in awe on a
black-and-white telly in the holiday chalet at Eccles Beach.[1]
Where is his friend's Bluebottle Beach? It is not fair that Eccles has
his own beach.
2019-12-22 15:58:53 UTC
On Sat, 21 Dec 2019 20:49:34 +0000, BrritSki
Martin Peters 1966 World Cup Hero And only 76 Still 10 years ahead of
his time
Go well, sir.
Not a great fan of footie but still 1966 is one of my Dallas/World
Trade Centre moments and I clearly remember watching in awe on a
black-and-white telly in the holiday chalet at Eccles Beach.[1]
Where is his friend's Bluebottle Beach? It is not fair that Eccles has
his own beach.
It was deaded by the rotten swine.
2019-12-22 16:10:01 UTC
On Sat, 21 Dec 2019 20:49:34 +0000, BrritSki
Martin Peters 1966 World Cup Hero And only 76 Still 10 years ahead of
his time
Go well, sir.
Not a great fan of footie but still 1966 is one of my Dallas/World
Trade Centre moments and I clearly remember watching in awe on a
black-and-white telly in the holiday chalet at Eccles Beach.[1]
Where is his friend's Bluebottle Beach? It is not fair that Eccles has
his own beach.
It was deaded by the rotten swine.
He’s fallennin the water!
2019-12-22 16:59:27 UTC
On Sat, 21 Dec 2019 20:49:34 +0000, BrritSki
Martin Peters 1966 World Cup Hero And only 76 Still 10 years ahead of
his time
Go well, sir.
Not a great fan of footie but still 1966 is one of my Dallas/World
Trade Centre moments and I clearly remember watching in awe on a
black-and-white telly in the holiday chalet at Eccles Beach.[1]
Where is his friend's Bluebottle Beach? It is not fair that Eccles has
his own beach.
(Excellent! I'd been wondering how to get Wigan pier into this.)
It was deaded by the rotten swine.
He’s fallennin the water!
Reminds me - recently (yesterday I think) I saw a clip of Michael Palin
recounting the fish-slapping dance: apparently, when they rehearsed, the
canal lock they were standing next to was nearly full; by the time they
got round to the real shot ...

Veni Vidi Vacuum [I came, I saw, It sucked] - ***@saslimited.demon.co.uk, 1998
Mike
2019-12-22 17:25:29 UTC
(Excellent! I'd been wondering how to get Wigan pier into this.)
You’ll need to be on the right road first....
2019-12-22 21:54:54 UTC
On Sat, 21 Dec 2019 20:49:34 +0000, BrritSki
Martin Peters
1966 World Cup Hero
And only 76
Still 10 years ahead of his time
Go well, sir.
Not a great fan of footie but still 1966 is one of my Dallas/World
Trade Centre moments and I clearly remember watching in awe on a
black-and-white telly in the holiday chalet at Eccles Beach.[1]
Indeed. That was the last World Cup match that I ever watched.
Come to think of it, it was the last football match I watched.
2019-12-22 23:49:58 UTC
On Sun, 22 Dec 2019 21:54:54 +0000, Sam Plusnet <***@home.com> scrawled in
the dust...
On Sat, 21 Dec 2019 20:49:34 +0000, BrritSki
Martin Peters
1966 World Cup Hero
And only 76
Still 10 years ahead of his time
Go well, sir.
Not a great fan of footie but still 1966 is one of my Dallas/World
Trade Centre moments and I clearly remember watching in awe on a
black-and-white telly in the holiday chalet at Eccles Beach.[1]
Indeed. That was the last World Cup match that I ever watched.
Come to think of it, it was the last football match I watched.
None of my three brothers are/were footy fans but bro#2 was employed as a
minibus driver (probably illegally, he was only 18) during the 1966 World
Cup to drive German fans from Stansted airport (just up the road from us)
to various matches. I don't think he watched any though.
Peter Percival
2019-12-27 17:40:54 UTC
And Peter Schreier on Christmas day.
Sid Nuncius
2019-12-29 07:50:52 UTC
Post by Peter Percival
Martin Peters
1966 World Cup Hero
And only 76
Still 10 years ahead of his time
And Peter Schreier on Christmas day.
And Sleepy LaBeef - a Country singer memorable chiefly for his
outstanding name, IMO.
2019-12-29 09:19:45 UTC
Post by Peter Percival
Martin Peters
1966 World Cup Hero
And only 76
Still 10 years ahead of his time
And Peter Schreier on Christmas day.
And Sleepy LaBeef - a Country singer memorable chiefly for his
outstanding name, IMO.
And his second album was...?
2019-12-29 09:45:21 UTC
And Sleepy LaBeef - a Country singer memorable chiefly for his
outstanding name, IMO.
And his second album was...?
Western Gold in 1976.

HTH.
Peter Percival
And was it rubbish?
Sid Nuncius
2019-12-29 18:44:21 UTC
And Sleepy LaBeef - a Country singer memorable chiefly for his
outstanding name, IMO.
And his second album was...?
Western Gold in 1976.
HTH.
And was it rubbish?
I'm afraid I haven't heard it, so I'm unable to pronounce. The only one
I know is his first album (The Bull's Night Out 1984), which is very
mixed. Some pretty decent country songs, some very mediocre ones and a
wholly unpardonable rockabilly rendition of Me And Bobby McGee, which is
simply frightful. (If you want an example of how to ruin a truly great
song, it's here:
)
2019-12-29 19:16:50 UTC
And Sleepy LaBeef - a Country singer memorable chiefly for his
outstanding name, IMO.
And his second album was...?
Western Gold in 1976.
HTH.
And was it rubbish?
I'm afraid I haven't heard it, so I'm unable to pronounce. The only one
I know is his first album (The Bull's Night Out 1984), which is very
mixed. Some pretty decent country songs, some very mediocre ones and a
wholly unpardonable rockabilly rendition of Me And Bobby McGee, which is
simply frightful. (If you want an example of how to ruin a truly great
http://youtu.be/o6Ptw-MNvoQ )
Err,.... thank you Sid, I think I’ll just take your word for it.
Peter Percival
http://youtu.be/o6Ptw-MNvoQ )
Sid Nuncius
2019-12-30 07:09:54 UTC
And Sleepy LaBeef - a Country singer memorable chiefly for his
outstanding name, IMO.
And his second album was...?
Western Gold in 1976.
HTH.
And was it rubbish?
I'm afraid I haven't heard it, so I'm unable to pronounce.  The only
one I know is his first album (The Bull's Night Out 19
8
7?
4)
Oops - clumsy fingers. You're right - thanks.
Peter Percival