OT: New Labour
2021-05-10 09:36:28 UTC
As I was going to St. Ives
I met Suckeir - does he have wives ?
He said that he was planning sacks
To cover up the things he lacks
But every sack was fighting back
And so Suckeir was changing tack
Now everything is just the same
So poor Suckeir must take the blame
Not me - I'm still off to St. Ives
krw
2021-05-10 09:48:43 UTC
As I was going to St. Ives
I met Suckeir - does he have wives ?
He said that he was planning sacks
To cover up the things he lacks
But every sack was fighting back
And so Suckeir was changing tack
Now everything is just the same
So poor Suckeir must take the blame
Not me - I'm still off to St. Ives
If you are going to the one Cambridgeshire you should be OK. However
God's Worst Railway has found that the DfT specified trains are cracking
up at the jacking points and only 3 have been allowed out to play today.
There are similar but less serious problems on God's North Eastern
Railway and Trans-Pennine.

Someone did ask if the steam reserve could be put into service but
apparently it has been scrapped.
Nah, Cornwall at the end of the month...
Chris
2021-05-10 17:25:02 UTC
As I was going to St. Ives
I met Suckeir - does he have wives ?
He said that he was planning sacks
To cover up the things he lacks
But every sack was fighting back
And so Suckeir was changing tack
Now everything is just the same
So poor Suckeir must take the blame
Not me - I'm still off to St. Ives
If you are going to the one Cambridgeshire you should be OK. However
God's Worst Railway has found that the DfT specified trains are cracking
up at the jacking points and only 3 have been allowed out to play today.
There are similar but less serious problems on God's North Eastern
Railway and Trans-Pennine.
Someone did ask if the steam reserve could be put into service but
apparently it has been scrapped.
And ‘ull Trains were also caught. God’s Not Wonderful Railway, Shirley?

2021-05-10 21:44:36 UTC
Post by Chris
As I was going to St. Ives
I met Suckeir - does he have wives ?
He said that he was planning sacks
To cover up the things he lacks
But every sack was fighting back
And so Suckeir was changing tack
Now everything is just the same
So poor Suckeir must take the blame
Not me - I'm still off to St. Ives
If you are going to the one Cambridgeshire you should be OK. However
God's Worst Railway has found that the DfT specified trains are cracking
up at the jacking points and only 3 have been allowed out to play today.
There are similar but less serious problems on God's North Eastern
Railway and Trans-Pennine.
Someone did ask if the steam reserve could be put into service but
apparently it has been scrapped.
And ‘ull Trains were also caught. God’s Not Wonderful Railway, Shirley?
Sincerely Chris
No the 'ull trains were checked and are OK and may go on loan to GWR as
may some c2c 387s.
2021-05-10 19:40:07 UTC
If you are going to the one Cambridgeshire you should be OK.  However
God's Worst Railway has found that the DfT specified trains are cracking
up at the jacking points and only 3 have been allowed out to play today.
 There are similar but less serious problems on God's North Eastern
Railway and Trans-Pennine.
I now have an image of some poor engine driver trying to jack up a whole
train with one of those car jacks which come with the spare wheel - for
those cars which actually have a spare wheel these days.
2021-05-10 20:24:04 UTC
As I was going to St. Ives
I met Suckeir - does he have wives ?
He said that he was planning sacks
To cover up the things he lacks
But every sack was fighting back
And so Suckeir was changing tack
Now everything is just the same
So poor Suckeir must take the blame
Not me - I'm still off to St. Ives
If you are going to the one Cambridgeshire you should be OK. However
God's Worst Railway has found that the DfT specified trains are cracking
up at the jacking points and only 3 have been allowed out to play today.
There are similar but less serious problems on God's North Eastern
Railway and Trans-Pennine.
Someone did ask if the steam reserve could be put into service but
apparently it has been scrapped.
I'm in the fortunate position of not needing to travel anywhere so my
immediate reaction was not about frustrated journeys but "thank
goodness they found the problem when they did."

Railrats will probably tell me that, of course they spotted the
problem because we have the finest inspection programme in the world.
Of course we do, but that means everywhere else has a less good
inspection programme and I can think of plenty of places where the
first anybody would know about the problem would be when the
fatalities started piling up.

2021-05-10 21:46:15 UTC
[...]
Nick
I suspect that the yaw dampers going meant that someone crept underneath
and had a look elsewhere on the trains and went "ooooohhhh I don't like
the look of that" at which point a panic ensued on Saturday.