OT A scam I don't understand
2020-09-30 08:40:06 UTC
My sister received this text

PayPal: For your protection, we've limited your account due to potential
unusual activity. please visit: https://review-id8734.com/?p=4 for next
steps.

There is no such website so I don't understand what is going on
Sjouke Burry
Ignore it.
Mike
2020-09-30 09:30:22 UTC
Post by Sjouke Burry
Post by DavidK
My sister received this text
PayPal: For your protection, we've limited your account due to potential
unusual activity. please visit: https://review-id8734.com/?p=4 for next
steps.
There is no such website so I don't understand what is going on
A scam message.
Ignore it.
Might even be a case of mass emailing to ascertain valid email addresses;
my email is set up so as not to confirm receipt of posts so, if I ignore
anything, the sender does not have confirmation of a valid address.
2020-09-30 09:05:37 UTC
Post by DavidK
My sister received this text
PayPal: For your protection, we've limited your account due to potential
unusual activity. please visit: https://review-id8734.com/?p=4 for next
steps.
There is no such website so I don't understand what is going on
Perhaps discovery of the scam has already resulted in the site
being taken down.

***@cdixon.me.uk @ChrisJDixon1
2020-09-30 09:16:53 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by DavidK
My sister received this text
PayPal: For your protection, we've limited your account due to potential
unusual activity. please visit: https://review-id8734.com/?p=4 for next
steps.
There is no such website so I don't understand what is going on
Perhaps discovery of the scam has already resulted in the site
being taken down.
Chris
I think I filled a form to notify paypal.Oh yes the chat window, I
said please show it to a human.I tried snopes but was not there.
DavidK
2020-09-30 13:08:26 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by DavidK
My sister received this text
PayPal: For your protection, we've limited your account due to potential
unusual activity. please visit: https://review-id8734.com/?p=4 for next
steps.
There is no such website so I don't understand what is going on
Perhaps discovery of the scam has already resulted in the site
being taken down.
Chris
You may be right, review-id8735.com has an warning advisory against it
but whois says it is available for sale. Very odd.
Vicky Ayech
2020-09-30 16:55:27 UTC
Post by DavidK
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by DavidK
My sister received this text
PayPal: For your protection, we've limited your account due to potential
unusual activity. please visit: https://review-id8734.com/?p=4 for next
steps.
There is no such website so I don't understand what is going on
Perhaps discovery of the scam has already resulted in the site
being taken down.
Chris
You may be right, review-id8735.com has an warning advisory against it
but whois says it is available for sale. Very odd.
I got a reply from paypal
Thank you for contacting PayPal Messaging centre. My name is Lester I
will be happy to help.
No need to worry.
I will take care of this.
I understand you got a text saying your account has been restricted
and is asking you to click a link,
I've checked your account I do not see any restrictions in your
account.
This is a fake text.
This text is not from PayPal.
Let me do my best.
I know this is important to you.
Kindly email the fake text to PayPal for tracing.
Here is our email address:
***@paypal.com

Rest assured your account is safe and secured they cannot collect
money in your account without your approval.
Let me know if you have other question in your account.
Thank you for contacting PayPal and for being a valued customer. If
you have no further questions, please close this conversation. You can
close the conversation by selecting End Conversation or by clicking
the "X." If you respond to this message, another agent will follow up
with you.

Vicky Ayech
2020-09-30 09:14:19 UTC
Post by DavidK
My sister received this text
PayPal: For your protection, we've limited your account due to potential
unusual activity. please visit: https://review-id8734.com/?p=4 for next
steps.
There is no such website so I don't understand what is going on
I got one yesterday too from supposedly paypay saying they had
detected somehting, forget what, on my a/c and to log in and confirm
my ID and it gave a website. I went to that on my new web enabled
phone(yes I know do not click and B later screamed at me but I think
it was ok) and it wanted me to log in. I closed it then and went to
paypal on my PC and all was normal so I deleted..did I delete the
text? Yes I did :)
Vicky Ayech
2020-09-30 09:15:10 UTC
On Wed, 30 Sep 2020 10:14:19 +0100, Vicky Ayech
Post by Vicky Ayech
Post by DavidK
My sister received this text
PayPal: For your protection, we've limited your account due to potential
unusual activity. please visit: https://review-id8734.com/?p=4 for next
steps.
There is no such website so I don't understand what is going on
I got one yesterday too from supposedly paypay saying they had
detected somehting, forget what, on my a/c and to log in and confirm
my ID and it gave a website. I went to that on my new web enabled
phone(yes I know do not click and B later screamed at me but I think
it was ok) and it wanted me to log in. I closed it then and went to
paypal on my PC and all was normal so I deleted..did I delete the
text? Yes I did :)
Oh I clicked because it said it would delete my a/c if not confirmed