Ok I know this is a family group but...
2021-06-27 08:14:42 UTC
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/matt-hancock-affair-resign-sajid-javid-b1873200.html
Which position is the 15k a year one? You don't expect a Karma Sutra
guide in the Independent.
Sid Nuncius
2021-06-27 08:19:57 UTC
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/matt-hancock-affair-resign-sajid-javid-b1873200.html
Which position is the 15k a year one? You don't expect a Karma Sutra
guide in the Independent.
It must be quite something - £15,000 really is a *lot* extra.
--
Sid
2021-06-27 08:55:18 UTC
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/matt-hancock-affair-resign-sajid-javid-b1873200.html
Which position is the 15k a year one? You don't expect a Karma Sutra
guide in the Independent.
It must be quite something - £15,000 really is a *lot* extra.
I wondered if "Hopeless" was Boris/Dom nickname for Gina Coladangelo.

2021-06-27 13:38:21 UTC
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/matt-hancock-affair-resign-sajid-javid-b1873200.html
Which position is the 15k a year one? You don't expect a Karma Sutra
guide in the Independent.
It must be quite something - £15,000 really is a *lot* extra.
I wondered if "Hopeless" was Boris/Dom nickname for Gina Coladangelo.
I can't be the only one around here to have deconstructed her last
name. Perhaps I'm the only one who is impolite enough to point it out.

Nick
Tony Smith
2021-06-27 14:06:25 UTC
On Sunday, 27 June 2021 at 14:38:23 UTC+1, Nick Odell wrote:
lo.
Do you take it for Spanish or Italian?
Nick Odell
2021-06-27 14:14:02 UTC
On Sun, 27 Jun 2021 07:06:25 -0700 (PDT), Tony Smith
Post by Tony Smith
lo.
Post by Nick Odell
I can't be the only one around here to have deconstructed her last
name. Perhaps I'm the only one who is impolite enough to point it out.
Do you take it for Spanish or Italian?
EQDSO who speaks Spanish but comes from Italian roots spotted it right
away.

Nick
Tony Smith
"angelo" is Italian. But one of the meanings of "cola" in Spanish might be relevant
Penny
2021-06-27 15:04:41 UTC
On Sun, 27 Jun 2021 09:14:42 +0100, Vicky Ayech <***@gmail.com>
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/matt-hancock-affair-resign-sajid-javid-b1873200.html
Which position is the 15k a year one? You don't expect a Karma Sutra
guide in the Independent.
I can't find reference to it in your link but as I understand it Javid
declared a couple of appointments last year which each paid him 150K for
80/96 hours of work per annum.

A photo of the text of the declaration was shared on twitter by a chap who
said he gets paid 39p per hour to care for his disabled daughter - I think
that's a tiny increase since I was getting carers allowance.
2021-06-27 15:29:02 UTC
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/matt-hancock-affair-resi
gn-sajid-javid-b1873200.html
Which position is the 15k a year one? You don't expect a Karma Sutra
guide in the Independent.
I can't find reference to it in your link but as I understand it Javid
declared a couple of appointments last year which each paid him 150K for
80/96 hours of work per annum.
Given her later sentence, I suspect Vicky wasn't talking about that sort
Post by Penny
A photo of the text of the declaration was shared on twitter by a chap who
said he gets paid 39p per hour to care for his disabled daughter - I think
that's a tiny increase since I was getting carers allowance.
The six-figure sum for 10-12 days' work a year did somewhat irritate me.
Normally my attitude to such things - such as footballers' salaries - is
live and let live, but here at least the possibility of influence (even
if unconsciously so) seems in the air.

It is complete loose-stool-water, it is arse-gravy of the worst kind
- Stephen Fry on "The Da Vinci Code"
Chris
2021-06-28 16:49:30 UTC
Post by Penny
A photo of the text of the declaration was shared on twitter by a chap who
said he gets paid 39p per hour to care for his disabled daughter - I think
that's a tiny increase since I was getting carers allowance.
The six-figure sum for 10-12 days' work a year did somewhat irritate me.
Normally my attitude to such things - such as footballers' salaries - is
live and let live, but here at least the possibility of influence (even
if unconsciously so) seems in the air.
Whereas anyone working within the voluntary sector is liable for all sorts
of things if there is more than one member of a family as a Trustee, never
mind doing jobs for which we’ve not found anyone else willing, able and
with the very specific knowledge needed to keep us functioning financially.

Having just re-registered ourselves from a basic International charitable
organisation to a charitable business, we’ve had to write in some very
specific wording to cover these things. and there are only 8 Trustees
anyway!