Omnibus edition questions.
Peter Withey
2019-07-21 10:15:07 UTC
LIstening to the Omnibus edition this morning raised a couple of
questions in my mind.

1, Listening to Eddie and Kirsty rapsodising about Eddie's meadow made
me wonder, do the Grundys own any land or is the meadow part of Grange
Farm which, as far as we know they will be moving out of soon.

2, I'm sure I missed it when they were first proposed but what are
these challenges Adam and Ian are involved in? What are they in aid
of?
Pete
Mike
2019-07-21 10:58:12 UTC
Post by Peter Withey
LIstening to the Omnibus edition this morning raised a couple of
questions in my mind.
1, Listening to Eddie and Kirsty rapsodising about Eddie's meadow made
me wonder, do the Grundys own any land or is the meadow part of Grange
Farm which, as far as we know they will be moving out of soon.
2, I'm sure I missed it when they were first proposed but what are
these challenges Adam and Ian are involved in? What are they in aid
of?
I think it was one of bl**dy Kraite’s stupid ideas that she then foisted on
Adam & Ian in a moral blackmail style.
2019-07-21 12:33:29 UTC
Post by Peter Withey
LIstening to the Omnibus edition this morning raised a couple of
questions in my mind.
1, Listening to Eddie and Kirsty rapsodising about Eddie's meadow made
me wonder, do the Grundys own any land or is the meadow part of Grange
Farm which, as far as we know they will be moving out of soon.
2, I'm sure I missed it when they were first proposed but what are
these challenges Adam and Ian are involved in? What are they in aid
of?
I think it was one of bl**dy Kraite’s stupid ideas that she then foisted on
Adam & Ian in a moral blackmail style.
It was supposed to be a 'Bucket List' before they settle down to be
parents and apparently life ends! Yes, you might think bucket lists
are for when you know you are dying and want to enjoy and make the
most of your final weeks. But the editor and SWs obviously have done a
Humpty with the expression.
Chris McMillan
2019-07-21 18:04:28 UTC
Post by Peter Withey
LIstening to the Omnibus edition this morning raised a couple of
questions in my mind.
1, Listening to Eddie and Kirsty rapsodising about Eddie's meadow made
me wonder, do the Grundys own any land or is the meadow part of Grange
Farm which, as far as we know they will be moving out of soon.
2, I'm sure I missed it when they were first proposed but what are
these challenges Adam and Ian are involved in? What are they in aid
of?
I think it was one of bl**dy Kraite’s stupid ideas that she then foisted on
Adam & Ian in a moral blackmail style.
Her idea of their bucket list before they become parents.

2019-07-21 20:10:19 UTC
Post by Peter Withey
LIstening to the Omnibus edition this morning raised a couple of
questions in my mind.
1, Listening to Eddie and Kirsty rapsodising about Eddie's meadow made
me wonder, do the Grundys own any land or is the meadow part of Grange
Farm which, as far as we know they will be moving out of soon.
Eddie and Clarrie rent the farmhouse. Ed rents the land to farm texels
so providing they don't eat the flowers all will be well. Of course
Eddie cannot apply for the prize as he does not rent the land - either
Ed or Oliver will have to do it and employ Eddie's knowledge of the
microclimate
Post by Peter Withey
2, I'm sure I missed it when they were first proposed but what are
these challenges Adam and Ian are involved in? What are they in aid
of?
Who cares. It is total nonsense as neither of them can fit childcare
into their working day.
Peter Withey
2019-07-22 09:49:12 UTC
Post by Peter Withey
LIstening to the Omnibus edition this morning raised a couple of
questions in my mind.
1, Listening to Eddie and Kirsty rapsodising about Eddie's meadow made
me wonder, do the Grundys own any land or is the meadow part of Grange
Farm which, as far as we know they will be moving out of soon.
Eddie and Clarrie rent the farmhouse. Ed rents the land to farm texels
so providing they don't eat the flowers all will be well. Of course
Eddie cannot apply for the prize as he does not rent the land - either
Ed or Oliver will have to do it and employ Eddie's knowledge of the
microclimate
I had a vague feeling that Eddie did own land so this time I "googled"
it and came up with this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/profiles/6jxVtMJBfPx0hzTFbtQKGx/eddie-grundy

"With a windfall, Eddie bought Grundys's Field, the site of all his
money-making wheezes, from turkeys and camping to the cider club, the
Grundy World of Christmas and the terrifying ElfWorld. Landscaping,
selling garden gnomes and part-time farm work help keep the wolf
(just) from the Grundy door."
Post by krw
Post by Peter Withey
2, I'm sure I missed it when they were first proposed but what are
these challenges Adam and Ian are involved in? What are they in aid
of?
Who cares. It is total nonsense as neither of them can fit childcare
into their working day.
So true, but thanks to others for the "bucket list" explanation.
--
Pete