OT: re a couple of Umra recommendations
2019-10-17 09:37:10 UTC
Umrats being so caring and sharing often post links to YouTube videos
and other entertainments which often give me pleasure. Ok, I have to
admit that it occasionally prompts annoyance - annoyance AT MYSELF, you
understand - because I am too weak-willed not to get carried away and
waste far too much time watching many of the videos which YouTube now
thinks I will enjoy. It's not often wrong, but in one case was SO RIGHT
and I shall be eternally grateful to the Umrat who steered me that way
(admittedly grateful to in a vague sort of way because I can't actually
remember whichrat it was.)

I have discovered Jeanne Robertson!

Did otherrats know about Jeanne Robertson? Not forgetting her husband
Left Brain? She is Phyllis Diller all over again. She is HILARIOUS.

The other recommendation was for the Susie Dent prog about
Americanisation of English, in which John Humphreys (I think it was he)
ranted about the American pronunciation of "leverage" and said he had
never heard an American talk about "levvers". I was very surprised
because it is a usage with which I am very familiar. In fact, it was
hearing it again - several times - this morning, watching a YouTube
video about knitting machines (which inevitably led me to watching
another Jeanne Robertson clip!) which prompted this post.
http://jennygenes.blogspot.co.uk/
Vicky Ayech
What are the urls?
Nick Odell
2019-10-17 10:58:00 UTC
Post by Jenny M Benson
[...]
A range of mountains in western Russia but that's not important right
now.

The Susie Dent programme was this one:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08qxd02

2019-10-17 11:17:17 UTC
Post by Vicky Ayech
What are the urls?
A range of mountains in western Russia but that's not important right
now.
Nick
I shall take that in small steppes.
2019-10-17 17:56:52 UTC
Post by Vicky Ayech
What are the urls?
A range of mountains in western Russia but that's not important right
now.
Nick
I shall take that in small steppes.
Don't rush.
You should wait for the right caucasian.
2019-10-17 19:23:07 UTC
Post by Vicky Ayech
What are the urls?
A range of mountains in western Russia but that's not important right
now.
I shall take that in small steppes.
Don't rush.
You should wait for the right caucasian.
That's all right, I'm staying in anyway for the Hima layers.

IGMC, that's Nepalling.
Sid Nuncius
2019-10-17 18:15:12 UTC
The other recommendation was for the Susie Dent prog about
Americanisation of English, in which John Humphreys (I think it was he)
ranted about the American pronunciation of "leverage" and said he had
never heard an American talk about "levvers". I was very surprised
because it is a usage with which I am very familiar. In fact, it was
hearing it again - several times - this morning, watching a YouTube
video about knitting machines (which inevitably led me to watching
another Jeanne Robertson clip!) which prompted this post.
What are the urls?
Urls is extra, love.[1]

[1]This evening's earworm: "Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Urls..."
2019-10-17 11:14:41 UTC
The other recommendation was for the Susie Dent prog about
Americanisation of English, in which John Humphreys (I think it was he)
ranted about the American pronunciation of "leverage" and said he had
never heard an American talk about "levvers". I was very surprised
because it is a usage with which I am very familiar. In fact, it was
hearing it again - several times - this morning, watching a YouTube
video about knitting machines (which inevitably led me to watching
another Jeanne Robertson clip!) which prompted this post.
Ooops! IRTA ‘Kitten Machines’ - the bind moggles!
2019-10-17 12:25:18 UTC
Ooops! IRTA ‘Kitten Machines’ - the bind moggles!
'sOK, no moggies bound in this house. Though perhaps I should say
"binded" as Pardon does a lot of bounding, finding my living room an
excellent site for parkour!
http://jennygenes.blogspot.co.uk/
Mike
2019-10-17 12:43:07 UTC
Ooops! IRTA ‘Kitten Machines’ - the bind moggles!
'sOK, no moggies bound in this house. Though perhaps I should say
"binded" as Pardon does a lot of bounding, finding my living room an
excellent site for parkour!
I hope Pardon does ricochet off the chairs - I mean, you wouldn’t want your
Parker being Knowled, would you now?!

2019-10-17 15:16:58 UTC
[...]
I remember the Susie Debt prog, and yes Mr Humphries does have a thing
about the pronunciation of leverage.

2019-10-19 12:35:13 UTC
[...]
Sincerely Chris
Susie Dent! Fingers

2019-10-19 18:23:45 UTC
Susie Dent! Fingers
Does she, indeed? And exactly how do you know this, Chris?
2019-10-19 20:20:10 UTC
Susie Dent! Fingers
Does she, indeed? And exactly how do you know this, Chris?
My digits are to blame for giving her an even sillier surname as a
broadcaster than it is already!

Attributes have already vanished and its nuffin’ I dun.