spoiler Tuesday 16 June
2020-06-16 18:24:35 UTC
Pregnant?
Or very early menopause?
Or something nasty?
2020-06-16 20:55:39 UTC
Pregnant?
Or very early menopause?
Or something nasty?
My money's on pregnant.
Penny
2020-06-16 21:20:10 UTC
On Tue, 16 Jun 2020 21:55:39 +0100, Vicky Ayech <***@gmail.com>
Pregnant?
Or very early menopause?
Or something nasty?
My money's on pregnant.
I'm not so sure - tends to make you sleepy rather than snappy.
2020-06-16 21:35:33 UTC
Pregnant?
Or very early menopause?
Or something nasty?
My money's on pregnant.
I'm not so sure - tends to make you sleepy rather than snappy.
This is a follow on from earlier in the year, when she thought she was
pregnant. We know she wasn't then, and I think we can assume that she
isn't now. Both of the other options were mentioned here then.
2020-06-17 08:30:52 UTC
Pregnant?
Or very early menopause?
Or something nasty?
My money's on pregnant.
I'm not so sure - tends to make you sleepy rather than snappy.
This is a follow on from earlier in the year, when she thought she was
pregnant. We know she wasn't then, and I think we can assume that she
isn't now. Both of the other options were mentioned here then.
SNIFF! Are you saying we recycle comments? Well, if they recycle
plots. Hang on, now you mention it theyd id do that earlier. So not
only are they offering a very inferior version of TA but they are even
not carrying on stories (Philip) or thinking of new directions ones
can go. Unless the symptoms now link to Kate's earlier ones and are
ominous. I would not like a story about how lockdown makes going to
hospital for tests and treatment more difficult.
Grumpy of Watford.
Serena Blanchflower
2020-06-17 12:51:40 UTC
Pregnant?
Or very early menopause?
Or something nasty?
My money's on pregnant.
I'm not so sure - tends to make you sleepy rather than snappy.
This is a follow on from earlier in the year, when she thought she was
pregnant. We know she wasn't then, and I think we can assume that she
isn't now. Both of the other options were mentioned here then.
We know she had a negative pregnancy test, a few months ago, but IIRC
her period was barely due at the time, so it's possible that it was too
early for the pregnancy test to work. I have a feeling that some
pregnancy tests come in two packs, so I'm wondering if she'll find the
spare, do a second test, and find that it's positive.
--
Happy hibernating and stay well,
best wishes, Serena
Reset Universe (Y/N) ?
Chris McMillan
2020-06-17 18:16:08 UTC
Pregnant?
Or very early menopause?
Or something nasty?
My money's on pregnant.
I'm not so sure - tends to make you sleepy rather than snappy.
This is a follow on from earlier in the year, when she thought she was
pregnant. We know she wasn't then, and I think we can assume that she
isn't now. Both of the other options were mentioned here then.
We know she had a negative pregnancy test, a few months ago, but IIRC
her period was barely due at the time, so it's possible that it was too
early for the pregnancy test to work. I have a feeling that some
pregnancy tests come in two packs, so I'm wondering if she'll find the
spare, do a second test, and find that it's positive.
NOOOOO!

She’ll be even more eccentric this time round!

2020-06-17 18:18:14 UTC
Pregnant?
Or very early menopause?
Or something nasty?
My money's on pregnant.
I'm not so sure - tends to make you sleepy rather than snappy.
This is a follow on from earlier in the year, when she thought she was
pregnant. We know she wasn't then, and I think we can assume that she
isn't now. Both of the other options were mentioned here then.
We know she had a negative pregnancy test, a few months ago, but IIRC
her period was barely due at the time, so it's possible that it was too
early for the pregnancy test to work. I have a feeling that some
pregnancy tests come in two packs, so I'm wondering if she'll find the
spare, do a second test, and find that it's positive.
NOOOOO!
She’ll be even more eccentric this time round!
Sincerely Chris
Oh no!!!!!

I couldn’t possibly type in that post epi spoiler! Epic summary!

2020-06-17 00:58:51 UTC
Pregnant?
Or very early menopause?
Or something nasty?
Menopause - she's not that young in biological terms - but I'm a man and
not meant to grokk these things.
2020-06-17 08:50:49 UTC
Pregnant?
Or very early menopause?
Or something nasty?
Menopause - she's not that young in biological terms - but I'm a man and
not meant to grokk these things.
In the book from which grok comes, isn't the best version of it at the
end when his friends eat bits of him to truely grok him? I've been
searching but can't find a reference to that even on duckduckgo and
don't really want to re-read the book.
Sam Plusnet
2020-06-17 22:49:28 UTC
Pregnant?
Or very early menopause?
Or something nasty?
Menopause - she's not that young in biological terms - but I'm a man and
not meant to grokk these things.
In the book from which grok comes, isn't the best version of it at the
end when his friends eat bits of him to truely grok him? I've been
searching but can't find a reference to that even on duckduckgo and
don't really want to re-read the book.
Yep. He cuts off a finger[1] - just before he attends his own martyrdom
& they pop that into a nice stew.

[1] Or possibly a thumb.
2020-06-18 08:26:04 UTC
Pregnant?
Or very early menopause?
Or something nasty?
Menopause - she's not that young in biological terms - but I'm a man and
not meant to grokk these things.
In the book from which grok comes, isn't the best version of it at the
end when his friends eat bits of him to truely grok him? I've been
searching but can't find a reference to that even on duckduckgo and
don't really want to re-read the book.
Yep. He cuts off a finger[1] - just before he attends his own martyrdom
& they pop that into a nice stew.
[1] Or possibly a thumb.
Oh. I thought it was more drastic and surprising than that :). I
thought they all had bits of the body after death. Although he didn't
die, did he? Maybe I should re-read it. I liked Heinlein very much at
first. I loved The Moon is a Harsh Mistress and the first Jubel books
but it got wierder.

Chris McMillan
2020-06-17 09:19:15 UTC
Pregnant?
Or very early menopause?
Or something nasty?
We’ve had the pregnant plot already. :). Great acting though. In fact
this epi between the two of them actually worked. Pity they didn’t work
harder in week 1. It sounds as if they’re replying to each other as well
as talking out loud to themselves.