BT Awards 2021 Part 4
2021-01-01 13:06:24 UTC
The James Wong award for the abuse of language. “James” was due to speak
while presenting this award, but almost all the words he wants to use in
English are tainted by the fact that they were used during the time of
Empire. Languages such as French, German, Dutch and Chinese are
similarly corrupted by their colonial past. We (note the use of the
Bottoms royal “we”) felt that a speech consisting of words and phrases
such as Brexit, wibble, critical race theory, solipsistic [1] and
fuckwit would be rather limited.

The nominations are:

24.1.20 Nick O, nominated by krw
Nick O (In response to a request for reliable anti-virus software): Just
keep away from China and hope for the best, I reckon.

27.1.20 Sid, nominated by Sally and Mike McT
Mike McT: I hope it is all plane sailing for the two of you.
Nick O: Personally, I'd prefer plain planing. Those 787s don't have an
awfully good reputation for sailing.
Nick L: Happily I don't believe this has yet been tried on this aircraft ...
Sid: Well, Boeing need to quit stalling and get on with it.

10.2.20 Brritski and JPG, nominated by Penny
Penny: Why would Jakob (who likes children) have had the snip?
Brritski: Perhaps it's "likes children" in an SNP Finance Minister sort
of way...
JPG: Or "but couldn't eat a whole one" ... (Er - yes, maybe FSVO "eat"
the SNP man was ...)

17.2.20 Sam Plusnet nominated by Brritski
Chris McT: We always have but now we have our own Lakeland we don’t visit.
Sam: A large number of people have gained their very own lakeland this
weekend.

3.7.20 Sid nominated by Brritski
In a thread entitled “Hand-held vacs”
Sid: But if this was a problem there wouldn't be so many damn vacs
in...er...
Oops.

And the winner is <FX: long pause with annoying sucking noise>
Sid – An appropriately named Dyson Trigger is not in the post.

[1] The word may be old, but it was unknown to me before UMRA (as was
wolf-bagging [2] – you win some you lose some)

[2] please don’t google)
Sid Nuncius
2021-01-01 18:27:31 UTC
[...]
I am moved and humbled by this honour. I would like to
thank...er...hello, Matron.

What, I'm back on the purple ones? Oh dear. <sigh>
--
Sid