I know where the ‘Orses are?
2021-01-04 11:31:34 UTC
Walking up to our local ‘Convenience Store to send a small packet to Amazon
via Mr. Hermes, I passed the end of a col-de-sac where I saw an ‘orse box -
large enough for three ‘orses I reckon; I thought it ought not to be there
but the Police are aware of their status, the wheels had been clamped!
2021-01-04 21:11:56 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Walking up to our local ‘Convenience Store to send a small packet to Amazon
via Mr. Hermes, I passed the end of a col-de-sac where I saw an ‘orse box -
large enough for three ‘orses I reckon; I thought it ought not to be there
but the Police are aware of their status, the wheels had been clamped!
Was it an 'Police' wheel clamp?

Many people put clamps on high value trailers[1] to ensure they don't
stray & follow some neer-do-well home.

For our caravan, fitting a clamp is one of the conditions of the
insurance (other security measures are also required).
2021-01-05 08:40:23 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Walking up to our local ‘Convenience Store to send a small packet to Amazon
via Mr. Hermes, I passed the end of a col-de-sac where I saw an ‘orse box -
large enough for three ‘orses I reckon; I thought it ought not to be there
but the Police are aware of their status, the wheels had been clamped!
Was it an 'Police' wheel clamp?
Many people put clamps on high value trailers[1] to ensure they don't
stray & follow some neer-do-well home.
For our caravan, fitting a clamp is one of the conditions of the
insurance (other security measures are also required).
Looking at the state of the ‘orse box, anyone stealing it would be doing
them a favour! I suspect it has been abandoned; whether the ‘Denver Boot’
was ‘Hoffishal’, I dunno, ‘nonimus grey it was.