canterbury Tales
2018-11-21 19:07:03 UTC
24 stories, over 17,000 lines, Middle English, mostly poetry, some prose
..........! *How* many weeks before the performances?

2018-11-21 19:32:24 UTC
24 stories, over 17,000 lines, Middle English, mostly poetry, some prose
..........! *How* many weeks before the performances?
Sincerely Chris
Don't panic! I don't suppose Lynda's production will rival "The Clock"
for duration[1] I think it's more likely to dismay audiences in the same
way as John Huston's "The Bible" which only actually portrayed events
covered in the first 22 chapters of Genesis. You'd need something like
The Reduced Shakespeare Company to deliver the whole Canterbury Tales in
one sitting.

Nick
[1]Excerpts currently being shown at Tate Modern with some full-length
viewings bookable.
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2018-11-22 00:10:55 UTC
24 stories, over 17,000 lines, Middle English, mostly poetry, some prose
..........! *How* many weeks before the performances?
Sincerely Chris
And there seem to be locally-relevant amendments to the text, too.

Have you ever heard about a petition, disagreed with it, but been frustrated
that there's no way you can *show* that you disagree? If so, have a look at
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/232770 - and please pass it on if you
agree, especially to twitter, facebook, gransnet/mumsnet, or any such forum.

If you carry on hating, you're the one who's damaged.
- Sir Harold Atcherley, sent to the Burma/Siam railway in April 1943
Chris McMillan
2018-11-22 08:30:14 UTC
24 stories, over 17,000 lines, Middle English, mostly poetry, some prose
..........! *How* many weeks before the performances?
Sincerely Chris
And there seem to be locally-relevant amendments to the text, too.
I suspect it’s the 17,000 lines on offer, hence the usual rebellion. I
thought Jim might have been the narrator now we know what it is. The local
colour being instilled mischievously already: we the listeners being in on
it already knowing the truth about Eddie’s late arrival at the rehearsal.
Have to say just the Pardoner’s tale has turned me off the whole thing. I
CBA to go and look up which characters belong to which tale.

Sincerely Chris
SODAM
2018-11-22 19:31:43 UTC
24 stories, over 17,000 lines, Middle English, mostly poetry, some prose
..........! *How* many weeks before the performances?
Sincerely Chris
And there seem to be locally-relevant amendments to the text, too.
I suspect it’s the 17,000 lines on offer, hence the usual rebellion. I
thought Jim might have been the narrator now we know what it is. The local
colour being instilled mischievously already: we the listeners being in on
it already knowing the truth about Eddie’s late arrival at the rehearsal.
Have to say just the Pardoner’s tale has turned me off the whole thing. I
CBA to go and look up which characters belong to which tale.
Sincerely Chris
SPOILER

ALERT
Post by Chris McMillan
The important one in The Pardoner’s Tale is Death.
--
SODAM
The thinking umrat’s choice for editor
Chris McMillan